Tasty Drink Ideas

Vile_Vixen

Factory Bastard
I’m looking for some sweet pleasant tasting alcoholic drink ideas for the holidays.......

Something that tastes good and gets you smashed :ThumbsUp2:

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Personally, I like some Ol' Smoky Apple Pie moonshine around this time of year. Maybe something mixed with cider? Im not a fan of mixing dairy and liquor, so the idea of spiking egg nog does not turn me on lol.

Bong Water is a good one, but its not holiday themed.

I dont think I've done a Christmas cocktail.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I love eggnog and whiskey I also heard it's good with rum. I love eggnog with or without alcohol though.

I love egg nog, and I love whiskey, but I dont know if I can bring myself to mix the two lol.

A local Amish place here, Homestead Creamery, makes the BEST damn egg nog.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Yup ,rum and eggnog is yummy but grab the festive eggnog with the add spices,nutmeg,cinnamon...etc.. hot tottis are good as well and warm you up,feel like lighting up , jagermiester mixed with goldschlager or fireball will warm you right up

SirSuperSouthern

It's Always 5:55, bitch.
Site Supporter
Cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice were key ingredients to Dogfish Heads Suddenly Comfy 8% brews. Delicious. Also fattening.

Now I'm not a dick outside of Meltdown so you can ask me anything about tequila or Whisky. See how I didn't add an "e" before the "y"? That's because whiskey is made in Kentucky using corn, making it sweet, literally. When you see it spelled "whisky", it's Scotch, as some call it. Guess which one is $80+, and the ones that aren't unless you buy a few gallon bottles of Jack Daniels, which is a whiskey while Jim Beam is bourbon.

Whisky? Ask away, I know almost everything about it because I've had more long conversations about both Scotch whisky and tequila with the old pros who work at Specs, leaving other customers waving their hands frantically but ignored anyway because my inquisitive nature turned them all invisible.

Do what you know best, but if you need advice about a fantastic whisky or tequila feel free to ask me, and I'll give you the same answer Google would but more in-depth, and experienced.

Let's start with whisky. Choosing the right whisky for your tastes isn't like you're throwing a dull dart blindfolded with a menthol hanging off your bottom lip. I'll try to make this quick. Many whisky's names begin with Glen, such as Glenmoranjie. That's a good one (18). Whisky made in Southern Scotland are almost all worthless unless you try and like boring ones.

Hop on up to Northern Scotland and you've got many better choices, such as the world-famous Macallan. It's expensive, and not worth it unless you're at a top-notch steak house and that is the best on their list. Then there's Speyside, on the northeast corner of the mainland, but separate, and interesting. A few of the distilleries there even peat smoke their malts, but just a touch.

Then there are the legendary distilleries on the small island of Islay (pronounced EYELAY). The stories and myths about all of the murder and mayhem between Laphroaig ($40 for 40%, $55 for keg strength that you can take it as is or slightly water it down) and Lagavulin ($80 for their 16, that's all they sell). Peat smoking your malt is so very delicate, like flesh on a knife. Beautiful, it is. There are at least 8 distilleries there now by my count, maybe a new or a few have sprouted up considering the demand for a man's preference. There are a few that aren't that great, but if you wanna be a cheap cunt, sneaky fuck, buy Black Bottle, which is an Islay blend of whiskys. On that note, buy yourself a fantastic Islay, but only have a glass - maybe two. THEN go the BB, entering the ring at a whopping $20. Don't keep drinking the household pride to get drunk!

There are two more, and arguably the best: Springbank from Campbeltown where everything from start to finish is done, or the marvelous Talisker from the Isle of Skye. Google image that spot if you've already cum today. Wouldn't want your diapers to harden to a smokable substance now, would you? I might. Anyway, if you're one of the assholes who regularly purchases Johnnie Walker - a blend - you're doing it wrong. If you turn the bottle around, you'll see the list of whiskys they used to blend. Whose proud name comes up first? Talisker, naturally. Wouldn't matter what else was thrown in, Talisker's name would always come first, no matter what.

In short, if you want an A+ whisky but don't like drinking smoke, Talisker is your new best friend. The French white oak barrels it's aged in are placed right on the ocean's doorstep to add more flavor others cannot. For the price and lack of pallet smashing peat smoke, Talisker would be the best choice. If you LOVE smoked whisky like I and other brave men do, try Laphroaig, it's fantastic. The normal 40%, $40 winner that can be enjoyed with a cigar to make you feel richer than Trump the fuckhump.

Age. Don't look for older whisky aged older than 10 to 12 y/o unless it's a mainlander. Glenmorangie 18 and Mac 18 are what you'd be hunting for, and by all means do so if you'd like. But no. Go with a Tally ten or laffy 10, one or t'other depending on your opinion about heavy smoked malt. If you'd love either, the coin has both faces on both sides - close your eyes and reach if you have to. Ooh, or go with Springbank 10, which may be my favorite. Ask the guy who looks like he knows what he's talking about and bring up Springbank and look for the shine in his eyes. You'll know then...

SSS
- open for any and all questions about whisky and tequila; not wine, though I love Argentinian Malbecs

OP
OP

Vile_Vixen

Factory Bastard
Thanks guys!!

Got some outstanding ideas here ........ looks like I’ll have a long holiday liquor shopping list :Grin3: which of course is fine....

Ol’ Smoky Apple Pie Moonshine sounds interesting.......
I’m a whiskey fan, not heavy smoked malt however .....
Definitely thinking about tequila for the holiday.......

The video & web pages were helpful......I can’t wait to get my holiday party drunk on

Ollie I too love eggnog...plain or mixed.

And SSS- thanks for the whiskey lesson this was a post of yours I actually read ;-)

Happy Holidays ya bastards!!

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
I like Brandy and what ever was on sale but those days are over and been dry now for 3 years-4 months-5 days and counting - - - - - -

SirSuperSouthern

It's Always 5:55, bitch.
Site Supporter
The $50 bottle is cask strength - 55%, 110 proof. With that said, I'd recommend the 40% instead because you can taste the wonderful malt with all its tasty peat smoke. When you go bigger, pros water it down, more than one drop like the normal Laphroiah. You can control the amount of alcohol % by adding water, but don't try it until you know what the regular, fabulous, delicious liquid joy that even makes you feel rich - Laphroaig 10 year old, plain and simple.

Don't think for a second that bottles double L's price are double the greatness. Nope. I just went to their website to look around to see what's "new", and it would be stupid to buy their new 30y/o bottle for over $800 aged whisky. People who spend hundreds on bottles that proudly display 30y/o, which actually ruins it. All you taste is the wood, certainly not even a hint of the peat smoke that disappeared 20 years ago. Old bottles are for top-notch mainland Scotches like Morangie.

Odd fact? 7 years isn't too young, Springbank offers a bottle of it and it's marvelous. A bit fiery but you can still taste their malt, just in a more exciting way. But 10y/o is the most common mark for a reason - 10 is perfect for Islay, peated whisky. Any more time in the barrels does all of them an injustice, unlike the boring mainlanders. 18y/o mark is what you're looking for as far as the unpeated pussy sauce, the Morangie 18 is spectacular in its own right, but fuck that.

As far as the bottle you bought, which I know nothing of and won't bother researching, has BLEND written all over it for a price like that. Single malts are the only way to go. You may wanna turn that bottle around to see which single malts they swilled together to stamp it with a popular show. If you liked it, you liked it. No biggie. But again, Laphroaig 40% 10y/o is THE way to go for just about everyone, especially people trying peated whiskies out.

Funny fact: Laphroaig is actually pronounced Lefwah. Bartenders just stare at customers before asking them what they wanted again. I pronounce it like that around snobby know-it-alls, which I am. Regardless, you just gotta go with the backbone of their distillery at the right price. I give you my word of honor that L10 $40 will be a real revelation of Islay whiskies and their peat smoke. There are many others, but L is a fantastic start and finish experience. Remember to drop one bead of water in your glass and watch in amazement as the water opens it up in intoxicating beauty, you'll see and smell it as it works its magic...

SSS
- the world of Scotch whisky becomes gigantic once you decide you really like it and feel like poking around on other brands, but begin with Lefwah

Last edited:

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
Its too expensive to be getting drunk off of for sure lol. To be fair, that Johnny was pretty cheap lol, $25.

I think I'll pick up a bottle of Dubliners or Kilbeggans to pound down lol.

Bastard Factory

Chairman of the Bored
Administrator
Bastard Factory Blitz - Shooter
Pour schnapps into a shot glass... slowly add 2 tsp. Bailey's... top w 4 drops grenadine. Repeat until you lose the power of all rational thoughts.

64ixQx3.jpg

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm afraid to suggest this because it's awful but my brother likes Cola and milk.