The Herbalist...

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I really dig alternate medicines. If I can knock up a quick remedy at home, I’d do that for sure over going to a pharmacy and purchasing something that does an inkling of what nature can provide. So this thread will for all those interested in nature’s way.

images

OP
OP
Breakfall

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
The virtues of garlic (Allium sativum)...

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

220px-Allium_sativum_Woodwill_1793.jpg

images

Tips: raw garlic is good for the skin. It’s anti-bacterial and anti-fungal. Applying direct to skin infections will sort them out quick-smart. Pimples, boils, bites etc. It’s also anti-aging and will remove dark spots if any sheilas or @Blurt is concerned. If you have sensitive skin though, garlic could burn. So either use sparingly or extract juice and use a carrier such as olive oil or even a bit of water.

Last edited:

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
KAVA

shutterstock_149081996.jpg

Specifically, kava roots are used in many Pacific cultures to produce a drink that has both anesthetic and sedative properties.

As such, it acts as a relaxant and may play a role in helping to ease anxiety. At high doses, the plant roots are associated with psychedelic effects, although there is also the potential for health risks at higher doses of the roots.
[ /QUOTE]

Holliday1881

Banned
Banned
Heavenly Blue’ Morning Glory

shutterstock_239244397-800x565.jpg

The appearance of the plant is such that most people are probably unaware of its psychedelic impacts. With this species, it is the seeds that are psychoactive and the effect can be similar to LSD.
Years ago, they stopped selling them in the garden centers in my area because the kids were eating them (the seeds).
Nice plant, a climber, but it spreads itself everywhere.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Breakfall

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
This is one of the Craziest Plants cant even be in the same room after its processed

We call it “Angel’s Trumpet” here...it’s related to Datura. I never went blind from almost OD’ing on it. Only boiled off two flowers in a pot. It’s pretty wild. The intensity can vary depending on the season. In warm temperate or tropical climates, it can flower nearly all year round.

OP
OP
Breakfall

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
KAVA

shutterstock_149081996.jpg

Specifically, kava roots are used in many Pacific cultures to produce a drink that has both anesthetic and sedative properties.

As such, it acts as a relaxant and may play a role in helping to ease anxiety. At high doses, the plant roots are associated with psychedelic effects, although there is also the potential for health risks at higher doses of the roots.
[ /QUOTE]
I still have a box left from a trip I had to Vanuatu! :Happy5:

OmoqfaV.jpg

cUHpA5t

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Heavenly Blue’ Morning Glory

shutterstock_239244397-800x565.jpg

The appearance of the plant is such that most people are probably unaware of its psychedelic impacts. With this species, it is the seeds that are psychoactive and the effect can be similar to LSD.
Years ago, they stopped selling them in the garden centers in my area because the kids were eating them (the seeds).
Nice plant, a climber, but it spreads itself everywhere.

The bush form of it doesn't become invasive of your space. Bonus, it has beautiful tri-color flowers.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Does anyone have any experience with taking ashwaganda?

I just started taking it. I don't have a strong opinion about it yet. I'll respond to the thread when I have taken it a bit longer.
From what I've read you have to cycle it because your body will adapt to it.

Thanks for the head's up. I will look into it more.

I take so many damned supplements; so sure my pee is entirely too expensive.

Oliver Shagnasty

Honky Tonk Nigger
Site Supporter

I just started taking it. I don't have a strong opinion about it yet. I'll respond to the thread when I have taken it a bit longer.

Yea same here I think I go overboard sometimes but I always wonder about new supplements I've never heard of hoping something will make me feel like a million bucks everyday :Frustration1:

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Yea same here I think I go overboard sometimes but I always wonder about new supplements I've never heard of hoping something will make me feel like a million bucks everyday :Frustration1:

My problem is that I read all sorts of articles on health topics, then go find the studies and then think about things that show promise in preventing them. Then the internet algorithms say "So, you like articles about health topics"...chase my tail doing the same.

OP
OP
Breakfall

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
images

images

I‘ve started growing this nice strain of Australian parsley lately. The variety is a cross between the English(curly) parsley and the Continental/Italian parsley. I actually saw it selling at ALDI and just grew it on.

Parsley's vitamin K is important because it helps blood to clot in addition to contributing to bone health. Parsley is rich in vitamin C and other antioxidants, which help reduce the risk of serious health conditions like diabetes, stroke, heart disease and cancer. It's also an excellent source of: Vitamin A.

images

OP
OP
Breakfall

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Bidens pilosa or commonly known as Black Jack or Cobbler’s Pegs.

images

images

It was cooked for me as a kid while on a school safari excursion. It makes a great spinach substitute when cooked with finely chopped onions, and has many medicinal benefits.

This plant is found throughout tropical Africa and other warm climates around the world. Only the young leaves and shoots are edible, cooked like spinach. Blackjack is prepared with the leaves of pumpkin and one of the Coccinia species. It is widely harvested as a weed, but is also cultivated. It is most commonly dried for winter use. Young plants are said to have a high nutritive value, although the leaf has an astringent taste (Fox and Young 1982).

*the sweet onion combination will take away the astringency

Benefits:

Bidens pilosa L. is an edible herb and has been traditionally used for a wide range of ailments in many countries.
Various types of preparations, extracts and individual compounds derived from this plant have been found to possess biological and pharmacological activities such as anti-malarial, anti-allergy, anti-hypertensive and smooth muscle relaxant, anti-cancerogenic, anti-diabetic, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial, antioxidant.

Last edited: