Time for the Stock Markets to Cool Down

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
I have been waiting for the markets to soften-up a little bit but I am losing my patience.

Late in 2023 my wife and I sold some equities in our RRSPs so we would have some income in low tax brackets.

That gave us some cash.

We get a steady flow of cash dividends.

I sold my Z28. That gave us more cash.

But because the markets are pretty high right now, we want to time the market when it goes down a bit.

So now we have about $80,000 in high interest savings accounts. Just parked there until we feel is a good time to invest it into equities.

But earning 4.55% kinda blows.

I know Senile @Joe always has great advice regarding the markets. Anyone else here have any insight into how long it might be before the markets dip?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I have been waiting for the markets to soften-up a little bit but I am losing my patience.

Late in 2023 my wife and I sold some equities in our RRSPs so we would have some income in low tax brackets.

That gave us some cash.

We get a steady flow of cash dividends.

I sold my Z28. That gave us more cash.

But because the markets are pretty high right now, we want to time the market when it goes down a bit.

So now we have about $80,000 in high interest savings accounts. Just parked there until we feel is a good time to invest it into equities.

But earning 4.55% kinda blows.

I know Senile @Joe always has great advice regarding the markets. Anyone else here have any insight into how long it might be before the markets dip?
So do you think the markets will dip @The Prowler?

If so, by how much?

...and why?

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
So do you think the markets will dip @The Prowler?

If so, by how much?

...and why?
It doesn't matter, it was just a lo-fi blatant cry for attention "humble brag" as it were. Link me to the many investment strategy boards and threads on this forum or hang your head in shame, you ignominiously bald guy.

Fight Me, but remember I have a big dick!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It doesn't matter, it was just a lo-fi blatant cry for attention "humble brag" as it were. Link me to the many investment strategy boards and threads on this forum or hang your head in shame, you ignominiously bald guy.

Fight Me, but remember I have a big dick!

Definitely a "humble brag". He's transparent.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Joe Biden starts wars to help the stock market.
I don't really agree with you @The Prowler.

I don't think there's a liberal/Democrat or conservatieve/Republican stock market.

The stock market and the people who run it just play by their own rules.

You have to be careful about making assumptions like that.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
I don't really agree with you @The Prowler.

I don't think there's a liberal/Democrat or conservatieve/Republican stock market.

The stock market and the people who run it just play by their own rules.

You have to be careful about making assumptions like that.
Holy shit Joe, it's like you don't believe the Capital Markets of the USA/(World) Economy don't collapse at the onset of every democrat administration to explode into hitherto unkown heights the moment a trumptardian is elected to the WH. Hoo wee boy!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Holy shit Joe, it's like you don't believe the Capital Markets of the USA/(World) Economy don't collapse at the onset of every democrat administration to explode into hitherto unkown heights the moment a trumptardian is elected to the WH. Hoo wee boy!
But they are very manipulated for sure.

I don't think there's a stock market guided by the 'free' market anymore.

It's all controlled and if it drops too far, then they intervene to save it now.

They don't want a repeat of 2008 anymore or too good to be true deals for investors if at all possible.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️

It's all controlled and if it drops too far, then they intervene to save it now.

They don't want a repeat of 2008 anymore or too good to be true deals for investors if at all possible.
The Free Market created the Great Depression, at best Trump was on par with Herbert Hoover.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

I do not think you really understand the stock market at all, Senile @Joe.

You talk like it is as simple as cryptocurrency. Some value is just made up based on the demand for the stock itself just like the retards put a value on crypto.

But the value of a stock is influenced by and reflects the earnings and potential earnings of the company that actually operates as a business.

Stop and read that, Senile @Joe. Read it again and again until it sinks into that thick retarded head of yours.

"They don't want a repeat of 2008 anymore or too good to be true deals for investors if at all possible."

So tell me, you idiot, how are they going to stop "too good to be true deals for investors"? If a startup does exceedingly well, how will they prevent the stock from skyrocketing?

Do not even try to answer that, you dumb fuck. They cannot and they would not even try. You delusional fucktard.

Man, I made a mistake asking for your opinion. I "had no idea" you were that stupid.

Hahahaha!!!!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I do not think you really understand the stock market at all, Senile @Joe.

You talk like it is as simple as cryptocurrency. Some value is just made up based on the demand for the stock itself just like the retards put a value on crypto.

But the value of a stock is influenced by and reflects the earnings and potential earnings of the company that actually operates as a business.

Stop and read that, Senile @Joe. Read it again and again until it sinks into that thick retarded head of yours.

"They don't want a repeat of 2008 anymore or too good to be true deals for investors if at all possible."

So tell me, you idiot, how are they going to stop "too good to be true deals for investors"? If a startup does exceedingly well, how will they prevent the stock from skyrocketing?

Do not even try to answer that, you dumb fuck. They cannot and they would not even try. You delusional fucktard.

Man, I made a mistake asking for your opinion. I "had no idea" you were that stupid.

Hahahaha!!!!

Well...@The Prowler...the price of Gold is certainly manipulated. As is oil.

Why do you exclude the possibility that the Stock Market is manipulated?

And the Big Guns have stated that they think it is.

...and Jim Cramer was heavily criticized for it Prowler as if he were divulging 'an Open Secret':

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

NEW YORK, March 20 (Reuters) - Stock market commentator and CNBC television host Jim Cramer has raised eyebrows after describing illegal activities used by hedge fund managers to manipulate stock prices.
In a December video interview on TheStreet.com Web site, a financial news company he co-founded, Cramer described how he could push stocks higher or lower, depending on if he was long or short, at his previous job running a hedge fund.
Contrary to what you might believe, the Stock Market isn't the Holy See & the Traders aren't choirboys either.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Well...@The Prowler...the price of Gold is certainly manipulated. As is oil.

Why do you exclude the possibility that the Stock Market is manipulated?

And the Big Guns have stated that they think it is.

...and Jim Cramer was heavily criticized for it Prowler:

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

NEW YORK, March 20 (Reuters) - Stock market commentator and CNBC television host Jim Cramer has raised eyebrows after describing illegal activities used by hedge fund managers to manipulate stock prices.
In a December video interview on TheStreet.com Web site, a financial news company he co-founded, Cramer described how he could push stocks higher or lower, depending on if he was long or short, at his previous job running a hedge fund.

You were talking about politicians manipulating the markets, not large investors, you clueless goof.

You cannot even follow your own conversation, Senile @Joe!!!!!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You were talking about politicians manipulating the markets, not large investors, you clueless goof.

You cannot even follow your own conversation, Senile @Joe!!!!!
Whatever, whomever.

But whoever does it evident the markets are manipulated @The Prowler.

Everything is, especially when the Big Players are involved.

Anyways, getting back to your OP.

so, it would appear that you have some reticent or jitters about the current market?

And you are shorting the market, Prowler?

Based on your assumption/fear that the markets could take a dive?

No right or wrong answer, just curious.

I figger if 'credible' investors told us to invest in First Republic bank and that it was sound, your advice/assumptions as the average guy couldn't be an worse, Prowler.

...so if anyone had listened to this guy, the could have lost a lotta money, eh?

First Republic was trading at $100 US per share a few months before it crashed and became worthless.

and the investors who took this guy's advice poured the money inta it, say $100,000 woulda lost a lotta money Prowler.

All of it.

Now as I said, not judging yer motives, but it's these so called 'experts' that I'm wary of

I'd rather read what the ordinary guy has ta say than these experts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Whatever, whomever.

No, you idiot.

Large shareholders can manipulate the markets.

Political decisions can affect the markets.

Two different things.

But whoever does it evident the markets are manipulated @The Prowler.

Everything is, especially when the Big Players are involved.

The manipulation, and sometime it is only perceived manipulation, is temporary.

If I see a stock dip in price, I look at recent press releases. I also look at the trading volume. I put everything together and often it is just that a few large sell orders were filled and that drove the price down for (what should be) obvious reasons.

Now can large investors take advantage of reactionary people in those cases? Sure. A little panic selling can create a really good buy opportunity. It is up to us to be smart investors and also take advantage of those opportunities.

Anyways, getting back to your OP.

so, it would appear that you have some reticent or jitters about the current market?

No, you hopeless cunt. I expect it to fluctuate as it naturally does and I am wanting it to go down for a bit to place some buy orders.

And you are shorting the market, Prowler?

Based on your assumption/fear that the markets could take a dive?

All my accounts are cash accounts.

No right or wrong answer, just curious.

Actually, you stupid cunt, there is a right answer. The truth is the right answer. A lie would be the wrong answer.

Not everybody is playing in your fantasy world where you make up the "facts" as you go.

You fuck head.

I figger if 'credible' investors told us to invest in First Republic bank and that it was sound, your advice/assumptions as the average guy couldn't be an worse, Prowler.

...so if anyone had listened to this guy, the could have lost a lotta money, eh?

First Republic was trading at $100 US per share a few months before it crashed and became worthless.

and the investors who took this guy's advice poured the money inta it, say $100,000 woulda lost a lotta money Prowler.

All of it.

I do not give a flying fuck about the fucked-up banking rules in the USA. I will not be investing in any American banks.

I do invest in Canadian banks, which is much different.

Now as I said, not judging yer motives, but it's these so called 'experts' that I'm wary of

I'd rather read what the ordinary guy has ta say than these experts.

And there it is.

Senile @Joe would like to read what "the ordinary guy has ta say".

So he can regurgitate someone else's thoughts.

Never a thought of your own, eh Senile @Joe?

And I was really counting on you, Senile @Joe.

Really counting on you.