Train hoppers call 911 while hanging in between two train cars after they became scared the train was moving too fast

offwidthe

Professional Yeti Hunter
Site Supporter
Two Ohio men are in custody after allegedly hopping onto a CSX train and then calling 911 to report they were scared because the train was going too fast, authorities said.

Christian Hale, 20, and Kevin Slone, 24, only planned on riding through Willard, Ohio to the other side, Hale told Sgt. Charles Ellis of the Wayne County Sheriff's Office, according to ABC affiliate
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

However, the men ended up 60 miles away in Wayne County.

“Me and my friends hopped on a train. We kind of jumped on it. The train is like going really, really, really fast and I really don’t know where we’re at or where we’re going,” Christian Hale said in the 911 call, WEWS reported.

“It’s better than walking,” he added.

Hale admitted to Ellis that he and Slone had been hanging on between two of the train cars early Tuesday when they became frightened because of the train's speed, according to the report.

“I was scared man. That train was flying,” Hale told Ellis in the squad car after his arrest, WEWS reported.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
Pussies.

Me, I only hopped a train one time. There was a little adventure involved. I was kickin' it with other street kids in Boise, Idaho. One day we all got it into our brains to go to Portland, Oregon. We scraped up enough to get a Greyhound from Boise to Portland. We get there and get a hotel room for a couple nights. Come to find out, these other dumb sonsabitches scored a bunch of shit and there wasn't gonna be any sleeping, just pot smoke, I think somebody had coke, and some other fucker had LSD. The LSD might have been fun, but the dudes doing lines off the kitchenette counter were starting to get aggro, so I decided to bail on the whole adventure.

Went down to the yard and hopped a train, hoping it was going back toward Boise. Yeah, not so much. Ended up in Albany, where I had an outstanding FTA warrant after bailing on a hearing a few years prior. What was the original charge, you ask? Shoplifting, to the tune of $0.06 cents worth of beef jerky.

OP
OP
offwidthe

offwidthe

Professional Yeti Hunter
Site Supporter
Ugh fucking warrants. I used to hop trains and hitchhike quite a bit. I ended up in Mexico right before I turned 16 and was drugged and had my clothes stolen. I woke up in an alley and had to steal one of those blanket poncho things. Thankfully I am white and getting back to the US was easy. As I got older I realized it was easy to sneak on Amtrak If you aren't carrying much and just pretend you are a smoker once on just stay out of the normal seats. I pay for trips now but left home at an early age.