Warhol’s ‘Marilyn,’ at $195 Million, Shatters Auction Record for an American Artist

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

W1siZiIsIjcwNjE5Il0sWyJwIiwiY29udmVydCIsIi1xdWFsaXR5IDkwIC1yZXNpemUgMjAwMHgxNDQwXHUwMDNlIl1d.jpg

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter
I'm partial to the Electric Chair series. My boss has all four, one in each color.

Last time I looked, they were about 30 mill apiece. It's amazing to me that anyone would pay more than ten bucks for any of Warhol's shit.

2a09275d7e0c737d024e878b17b90ed5.png

Reactions: Joe
OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

All that glitters, is not gold.
Site Supporter ☠️
I'm partial to the Electric Chair series. My boss has all four, one in each color.

Last time I looked, they were about 30 mill apiece. It's amazing to me that anyone would pay more than ten bucks for any of Warhol's shit.

Well he did see Edie Sedgewick naked. And designed the Controversial Cover to The Rolling Stones Sticky Fingers, album....

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I think that is a very good painting was way ahead of its time. Nothing that Photoshop can't do now tho.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Peter Max was also very good as he extended pop art into the visual medium of film.

I met one of the lead animators of that film and took a class with him in Vancouver.

Norm Drew.