We have two village cats

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
who spend a lot of time with us. I feed them, and let them in the house. Other people also feed them. You can't really call them feral, but they live outside. They do keep the rodent population down, and they also chase away village cats from the other blocks! LOL. It's pouring rain right now, and I feel bad that they're wandering around outside -- or in someone's shed I imagine. But this animal person I met told me they shouldn't be overly domesticated. They should remain semi-feral. Actually, I see the wisdom in that. They are loved by lots of people, and they are doing the whole village a service. And they are freeeeeeeeeeeeeee! They seem to prefer that.

Still, they're out there in the rain. :SadFace:

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
They should be spayed or neutered. It's nice that the neighborhood doesn't mind them and helps to feed them. Other than that, let them be. They should be fine on their own.

Adam Hitler

110/14/88
Site Supporter
Kittehz!!!!

watcherkit.jpg

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
who spend a lot of time with us. I feed them, and let them in the house. Other people also feed them. You can't really call them feral, but they live outside. They do keep the rodent population down, and they also chase away village cats from the other blocks! LOL. It's pouring rain right now, and I feel bad that they're wandering around outside -- or in someone's shed I imagine. But this animal person I met told me they shouldn't be overly domesticated. They should remain semi-feral. Actually, I see the wisdom in that. They are loved by lots of people, and they are doing the whole village a service. And they are freeeeeeeeeeeeeee! They seem to prefer that.

Still, they're out there in the rain. :SadFace:
It would be better if they were nurtured somehow. We had a similar experience here and they bred in plague proportions. Eventually the cats were all destroyed and poisoned.

My suggestion is to catch them in a trap and nurture them, then release them again. Good luck with that.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It would be better if they were nurtured somehow. We had a similar experience here and they bred in plague proportions. Eventually the cats were all destroyed and poisoned.

My suggestion is to catch them in a trap and nurture them, then release them again. Good luck with that.
They come in every day and I pet them. The mama curls up on the sofa with me.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Oh. Sorry. You meant neutered, right? Yeah, the mama is spayed. I'm going to neuter her son.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Mama is so sweet. She used to get on the kitchen chair and then try to climb on the table. I only had to tell her two or three times that she was not allowed on the table, and now she never tries to get up there. She sits politely on the chair looking at me. When I sing to her she closes her eyes and listens. She loves it. LOL

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Mama is so sweet. She used to get on the kitchen chair and then try to climb on the table. I only had to tell her two or three times that she was not allowed on the table, and now she never tries to get up there. She sits politely on the chair looking at me. When I sing to her she closes her eyes and listens. She loves it. LOL
My cats love JJ Cale and Rodriguez Cold Fact. And keeping them off any table is a challenge… even off the record player!

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
My cats love JJ Cale and Rodriguez Cold Fact. And keeping them off any table is a challenge… even off the record player!
These village cats are very polite. I think they think of themselves as guests when they're in the house! LOL. Also, the boy used to try to eat Mama's food. It took maybe three times for me to train him. Mama eats first and he waits until the food is in his bowl to eat; he doesn't go for her food anymore. And he always gets served after Mama.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
These village cats are very polite. I think they think of themselves as guests when they're in the house! LOL. Also, the boy used to try to eat Mama's food. It took maybe three times for me to train him. Mama eats first and he waits until the food is in his bowl to eat; he doesn't go for her food anymore. And he always gets served after Mama.
That’s cool. My two cats are always eyeing out each other’s bowls. They’re brothers, so if I don’t split their individual serves exactly equally…there’s ensuing mayhem. Lol