What Does It Feel Like To Be A Parent? (Serious Question)

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Because I have no kids myself, I don't know what it's like. Is it the love you have for your children the same kind of love you'd have for say another family member, like a mother or a father? Are you in a constant state of worry for your children? Do you feel pressured to buy them nice clothes or a phone and stuff?

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
No.

It's like having your soul ripped out and it's wondering around outside your body.

Not a constant state of worry but there is a lot of worrying and self doubt and second guessing.

No I don't feel pressured to provide expensive material items. I DO feel pressured to raise kids who are not shallow and materialistic and I'm actually doing a good job there. I have sensible kids.

Ray_Pissed

THANK YOU FOR POT SMOKING
Banned
Because I have no kids myself, I don't know what it's like. Is it the love you have for your children the same kind of love you'd have for say another family member, like a mother or a father? Are you in a constant state of worry for your children? Do you feel pressured to buy them nice clothes or a phone and stuff?
I don't see my child. I haven't seen her since she was 1.5. I don't worry about her. I know she will get in trouble. I know bad things will happen too her. I went to court, the other parent has her. The court was regretful but the law is the law and I'm a criminal. Its only what they see on paper. I have to protect my emotions so as far as I'm concerned the court has to live with the future but I won't.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Mine are grown now, I have to say I really enjoyed it, they’re both professional people which is more than I ever got the chance to be so I feel I did a good job, we’re very close still and now I’m playing with their kids, just teach them not to take any shit and stick up for themselves, and I agree with @Dove material possessions don’t make a person.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
My kid's make me feel like a banker, grand kids too -