What was life like before the internet?

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Protocol has changed, when we just had a house phone no one would dream of phoning you late at night or early hours, unless it was an emergency. Now I get pics of someone’s cat doing something stupid, or a swollen toe it was the other night at 2am.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Protocol has changed, when we just had a house phone no one would dream of phoning you late at night or early hours, unless it was an emergency. Now I get pics of someone’s cat doing something stupid, or a swollen toe it was the other night at 2am.
I never call or text past my bedtime, even if I think that person might still be awake.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I certainly watched more TV and went out more before I got my first computer.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
With a text I think people think you’ll see it when you wake up, but it wakes me up lol, don’t like to switch to silent in case shit has happened.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I certainly watched more TV and went out more before I got my first computer.

The home phone was a lifeline. I remember getting a call from a babe I really wanted to know better, and my slightly younger brother started talking shit in the background....trying to fuck it all up.

I politely excused myself and hung up, then proceeded to chase that fuckhrad around the long kitchen table into the coat room, but that motherfucker managed to slam the glass door just as I reached him.... thus necessitating a visit to the ER and about 40 stitches (internal and external) along my right forearm and up against the bone for much of it..

I've never understood why blood can be so horrible to their own, but all the rest of of us have repeatedly warned our parents over the years about that one...

That prick retired from the military eventually, milked a full pension based on dodgy bum knees, as well as his opportunist wife... then got jobs as an EMT and cop.

The pricks actually bragged about it.

Then my mum put up the farm for sale that was carved out in the 1860's because it was too big for her but she wanted her kids or at least a relative to carry it on for future generations... and my brother promised her he would.

None of that happened at all. Within 2 years he put it on the market at double the price.

If I saw any of those pricks broken down on a long desert stretch, I would not render assistance . I wouldn't give them one drop of water.

He'd a goon. I would kill him with my own hands if I thought I legally do itl..

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That's so true lol

I dont even verbally talk to people anymore on the phone. Its either text or come over lol

X

xXx
Site Supporter
@Dove have you ever missed a day poasting ?

EVER ?

morning till night LOL ... I go to bed your on I wake up you're on :LOL3::LOL3: Its really quite the phenom .. if you had a job and your attendance was like that you'd get an award

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
The most easily accessible source for pictures of scantily-clad women was the Sears catalogue.

My father had a playboy subscription hidden behind his bathroom door. My little brother called himself raw doggie perv and would “read” them. Nothing is normal or wholesome about being raised in this town lol

Carignan

Factory Bastard
Only time I was inside when it was bed time. Always was bike riding alone or with friends, fished, camped a helluva lot.. Shit anything really. Sometimes just drinking and catching the rays all day. Inside the trailer, house.. wherever I was at rarely existed. Most times my parents were always looking for me. Hated being inside for too long.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
People would have time to be lost in their thoughts. I do regular electronic detoxes and I use the time to get lost in my thoughts, meditate and write.

For instance, before I logged in tonight I was just thinking to myself that there are 400+ billionaires on this planet and not one of those losers has decided to become Batman.