Pics from your past life.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
67a05d00-edd2-4abe-b521-d1bd36fd9435-1651199261768.png

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Do you go mushroom hunting?

Yes. Starting with my Grand father. He knew where and when. He used to say, an inch of rain or so. Time to look. My friend Dave in Healdsburg is also a mushroom hound. There appears a lot to it. The moisture, types of trees in the area, weather, etc. The fall is the best time to look, but not the rule. Identification is real important as you might guess. Noting like this in CR, that I’m aware of.
I’m a horticulturist, but even I am wary of picking the wrong mushrooms when it comes to wild pickings. Love my mushies though…it’s the meat of vegetarians.

I knew somebody who was in the habit of eating wild vegetables offa trees & outta the ground @Gallium

She ended up getting cancer.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I am thinking mushroom farming, beyond the usual mushrooms you usually see in the grocery store, could be a profitable business.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I am thinking mushroom farming, beyond the usual mushrooms you usually see in the grocery store, could be a profitable business.

Man, we found ginseng growing on the mountainside where I was camping couple weeks ago. Didnt take any, but was cool finding it. That stuff worth a lot of money.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I had a very cool friend who had a Fungi growing business. He was from San Diego too. I lost track of him. He moved up into the mountains to escape the heat down here.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
That I knew about. This is supposedly a new process which for the first time successfully grows black morel mushrooms. People love morels but cultivating them consistently has not been possible until now. So prices should be high and competition low for that species.

When I do see wild foraged ones in farmers markets they are often $30-$50 per pound. So growing them and selling them for $20 should be highly profitable.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Probably a Lotta liability involved.

I've heard there's a Lotta money in growing garlic.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
If you do it at scale then I am sure it is. As a side note I do like fermenting black garlic but haven't done it in a while.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Yes. Starting with my Grand father. He knew where and when. He used to say, an inch of rain or so. Time to look. My friend Dave in Healdsburg is also a mushroom hound. There appears a lot to it. The moisture, types of trees in the area, weather, etc. The fall is the best time to look, but not the rule. Identification is real important as you might guess. Noting like this in CR, that I’m aware of.
I’m a horticulturist, but even I am wary of picking the wrong mushrooms when it comes to wild pickings. Love my mushies though…it’s the meat of vegetarians.

I knew somebody who was in the habit of eating wild vegetables offa trees & outta the ground @Gallium

What else did she eat? I doubt the wild veggies caused her cancer.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

What else did she eat? I doubt the wild veggies caused her cancer.

Not sure.

All I remember is she had bad skin and acne. She was somebody I worked with.

I went out on this camp outing with her & some Co workers and she'd be eating wild berries and pine nuts offa trees without washing them. Thing is I think those things might also have animal bacteria or viruses if critters were munching on them as well.

They may have man made chemicals/carcinogens in them too if they were grown from seedlings. From what I remember they spray them with DDT & all sorts of junk before they are planted.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Better to live 1 week as a lion than a month as a mouse - - - - - - !

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Dayum. I just recovered an old Photobucket account that I thought had been dead for years!

Most of the few pix of me that are in there date from between 2004 and 2014. It'll be a blast to upload some of them here.

Finally get one of you cads (or cadettes?) to chop the fuck outta me! I mean I love Blazor's "Most Interesting Blurt In The World" chop, but I'm sure y'all need fresh source material.

A lot of these pix are of my "other side," too. Should be fun.

Reggie Dunlop

Factory Bastard
Honestly pregabalin have changed my life, take one with some 30mg codeine and you'll be the best version of yourself without doubt... Fuck it, take em

Shamp I cant say "fuck it". When i have to use narcotic pain killers i can only take them for a few days and i prefer being watched with them. My husband is also a recovered addict. He had some hip surgery right around when i had a tube placed through my back and into my kidney. A few months into seeing eachother, we were both medically mauled and eating percocets every night watching Spartacus lol.

It went to heroin pretty quick. A lot of "my" people blamed him. His people blamed me. We just got married quietly and proved everyone wrong for the past 8 or 9 years. So he is another reason I dont like having any of it around....even though he really is a bad ass. I wouldnt want to risk taking him down with me.

When I have chronic pain I exhaust every option and if nothing helps I'll use kratom. Which a lot of people run into problems with.....but that stuff is a miracle. I take dopamine supplements because I really suspect my issues involve a dopamine imbalance. They do not give any euphoria and there is no benefit to abusing them. There are no chemical hooks to them either. So they are "addict safe".

If you struggle with deep depressions, go numb inside for weeks on end, and meds make things worse.....and opiates feel like freedom, it's probably a dopamine shortage. I stay away from gabapentin and pregabalin because it makes me feel weird in a bad way and does nothing for my physical issues. My mother takes it for neuropathy.

Try taking some dopamine supplements and excersize. It takes a week or so to notice you feel better but it does help. Vitamins help as well(especially vit D).

If I ever caught the "fuck its" with this, that's throwing my entire life and well being....that I worked so hard to have....right down the drain for a souless slavery. Heavy opiate addiction is pure hell. It stops being good and you end up needing it just to feel somewhat okay. It's the worst thing I've ever been through.

This is a picture thread though so here is a picture of him and I from that thankfully past life...before things got really bad.

20211128-100740.jpg

He is smiling like that because he knows I'm easy.
damn, stay clean man. sounds like you had a bit of a rough ride

fromHELL

Banned
Banned
rsz-win-20220910-12-47-05-pro-v2.jpg

Yes shitty lighting plus its 41-2 years old.. Yes I caught the face fucker nearly took me in the lake with it til me Da grabbed hold of the fishing rod. I swear thats me strength back then no one is holding it up for me. That's where the family camped at the time not sure if the park is still open or not been 11 years since I was last there

TL;DR STFU already