Anybody Else Ever Gave Up Smoking?

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Ive not smoked a cigarette since July and I honestly feel healthier for it... I got a vape for when I feel like a puff but I hate them so I'm pretty much not smoking anything... Anyone else tar free?

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Yeah man...going on nearly 6 years straight. I’ll have a joint every once in a while mind you, but I use loose green tea leaves for the mix. Nicotine, like many pesticides, is a recipe for disaster in the long run. Cold turkey is the key...

OP
OP
SHAMPAIN

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Yeah man...going on nearly 6 years straight. I’ll have a joint every once in a while mind you, but I use loose green tea leaves for the mix. Nicotine, like many pesticides, is a recipe for disaster in the long run. Cold turkey is the key...
Good for you man, it's a filthy habit! I'm due a crown on one of my teeth because I tried too hard to brush away the yellow on it because of smoking... If I feel like weed I have a pipe fuck tobacco

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
Good for you man, it's a filthy habit! I'm due a crown on one of my teeth because I tried too hard to brush away the yellow on it because of smoking... If I feel like weed I have a pipe fuck tobacco
I prefer a joint because I find the accumulation of THC tar residue on a pipe to be lung-wrenching. A joint is clean every time. I use a rolled paper filter.

:Stoned:

OP
OP
SHAMPAIN

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
I prefer a joint because I find the accumulation of THC tar residue on a pipe to be lung-wrenching. A joint is clean every time. I use a rolled paper filter.

I dunno man, here we always got to incorporate tobacco in any joint, doesn't smoke right otherwise... Pure weed is my choice

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

I dunno man, here we always got to incorporate tobacco in any joint, doesn't smoke right otherwise... Pure weed is my choice
Loose green tea leaf burns and smokes perfectly well as a mix. It’s actually not too bad as a substitute for tobacco alone, particularly in the early days of quitting.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Still smoking and struggling to stop. Started at age 27 in Iraq and am now 44.

OP
OP
SHAMPAIN

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

Loose green tea leaf burns and smokes perfectly well as a mix. It’s actually not too bad as a substitute for tobacco alone, particularly in the early days of quitting.
I don't doubt it but I enjoy the burn of a good pipe hehe I'm not a pot head, in fact I'm not really that into it... I used to say it made me paranoid but it's more a feeling of impending doom sometimes...

OP
OP
SHAMPAIN

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
I've never touched heroine but I have taken opioid painkillers en masse for the effect... Here in the uk they're usually dihydrocodiene or trammadoll tablets

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I smoke just weed, gave up fags a couple of years ago, if someone smokes one near me it smells terrible , wonder how I enjoyed that for so many years, I just roll the weed on its own..

Krieg

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I have quit smoking at least 6 times so far. Filthy habit. Last time I went for almost a year. Going to try again.

Never giving up my weed though. Never.

RAVEN

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I hear ya, Krieg.. I quit for 3 years and picked it up again..:( My downfall was a move from Florida to Michigan....I was able to get out year round in FL and didn't think about it too much.. Moved back to Michigan.. and picked it up in the winter months and haven't stopped ... But yeah.. I'll keep trying :)

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Started smoking about 4/5 cigs a day when I was 16. Stopped in my 20s. I only ever smoked after dinner or with a drink. The few times I smoked a whole pack in a day, I felt like I had incinerated my lungs.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
I quit 4-1-2020 because I have COPD and also quit booze 4 years - 4 months ago - - - - - -

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I started smoking when I was 18, quit when I was 23. Saw my uncle die on a respirator from smoking too much, he was my favorite uncle, and only 52. I quit that year. Quit by smoking more weed lol. Get one of them pinch hits that look like a cig, totally replaces the habit.