Are we going to see another meat shortage?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Apparently, a Brazilian company which is the world's largest meat processing company which owns plants and facilities all over the world has been hit by a cyber attack with the (suspected) Russian hackers have shut down all of their operations world wide demanding a ransom in order to allow them to restart production, purchases, and sales.

23% of capacity in US is off line, plants in Canada, Australia, Latin America, Africa, the UK, and the EU are all down.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I read about that. Fucking hell. Its gaw'damn grillin' season!@

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Well, the company has paid an undisclosed amount in random and claims they will be able to start reopening their plants tomorrow. Assuming the Russian hackers make good after they are paid their random. Also assuming they have good back up to reinstall which are clean do they don't automatically get hit with yet another ransom demand. We shall see.

Apparently some plants have been down two days already with the company not wanting to let the public know they were hacked.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I assure everyone there is no shortage!!!!

I can wrap it around my wrist and tell you what time it is :Vibin:

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Sheeeeeeeeit now Brazilian beef will become even more expensive

We ought to turn to non-beef protein until this blows over. There's chicken, pork, beef, and fish. Eggs. There are also plenty of non-animal proteins.

Well, those go up too, since everybody has the same idea

I decided to invest a bit and had a coup for around 50 chickens or so built

Better meat and all the eggs you can have

The agrobusiness is booming here in Brazoo, but the price of food is going up, since China is buying pretty much all they can

And it seems you guys are having a helluva drought, which will only make matters worse

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

We ought to turn to non-beef protein until this blows over. There's chicken, pork, beef, and fish. Eggs. There are also plenty of non-animal proteins.

The agrobusiness is booming here in Brazoo, but the price of food is going up, since China is buying pretty much all they can

And it seems you guys are having a helluva drought, which will only make matters worse

Lucky you. Are you going to allow your chickens to roam on your property? I wish I had chickens. Look at this one.

e7219751503c58b413f15da670cece02.jpg

Polish Trot. I want some Silkies too.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Lucky you. Are you going to allow your chickens to roam on your property? I wish I had chickens. Look at this one.

I am dying to get chickens and yes.....silkies!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

My guy wants to get goats too. They're so cute when they're kids. I don't know about having them when they get big though. I think they'd eat my vegetable garden up.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

My guy wants to get goats too. They're so cute when they're kids. I don't know about having them when they get big though. I think they'd eat my vegetable garden up.

Same. I would love to have a couple goats.

But I NEED the chickens lol.

I'd like to keep bees as well.....just as a personal hobby. And everyone loves honey. Sounds strange but I will watch bee keeping youtube videos and I find it so interesting and relaxing. I love bees.

I'm currently trying to attract Monarchs with the milkweed I found behind my house lol.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I'd like to keep bees as well.....just as a personal hobby. And everyone loves honey. Sounds strange but I will watch bee keeping youtube videos and I find it so interesting and relaxing. I love bees.

My parents had a beehive when I was growing up. It is a fulfilling and practical hobby. I have thought about giving it a try myself. I'm a rural woman at heart. I want to make my property nature friendly.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

My parents had a beehive when I was growing up. It is a fulfilling and practical hobby. I have thought about giving it a try myself. I'm a rural woman at heart. I want to make my property nature friendly.

Rural is the way to go!

I will never miss living in a metro area or city.