Are we going to see another meat shortage?

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Russia definitely is turning a blind eye to these hacking groups if it is not an official government sponsored group doing it. What amazes me is all these huge companies have such weak cyber security and they keep paying the ransom.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Don't tell Seaboobs but with all mah freeze dried beef, I'm gonna be rich....brah....

Teh Cow Pusher Man... yo'

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Lucky you. Are you going to allow your chickens to roam on your property? I wish I had chickens. Look at this one.

Polish Trot. I want some Silkies too.

You have to let them roam otherwise you have to feed them a lot of meal, which is not good, it makes the meat kinda bland, like market chicken

I love free range chicken, the difference in taste is huge, and the eggs too.

They are also excellent to control things like scorpions and spiders, although I don't have much of a problem with those there

The important thing is always having a place for them to sleep at night and a small enclosed area with chicken wire covering it, so the hens can take care of the chicks, otherwise the hawks and other birds will have their share.

I thought about getting goats years ago too, but they tend to get into vegetable gardens and get sick too easy if you always keep them in enclosures.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Sheeeeeeeeit now Brazilian beef will become even more expensive

We ought to turn to non-beef protein until this blows over. There's chicken, pork, beef, and fish. Eggs. There are also plenty of non-animal proteins.

Well, those go up too, since everybody has the same idea

I decided to invest a bit and had a coup for around 50 chickens or so built

Better meat and all the eggs you can have

The agrobusiness is booming here in Brazoo, but the price of food is going up, since China is buying pretty much all they can

And it seems you guys are having a helluva drought, which will only make matters worse

Lucky you. Are you going to allow your chickens to roam on your property? I wish I had chickens. Look at this one.

e7219751503c58b413f15da670cece02.jpg

I am dying to get chickens and yes.....silkies!

My guy wants to get goats too. They're so cute when they're kids. I don't know about having them when they get big though. I think they'd eat my vegetable garden up.

Same. I would love to have a couple goats.

But I NEED the chickens lol.

I'd like to keep bees as well.....just as a personal hobby. And everyone loves honey. Sounds strange but I will watch bee keeping youtube videos and I find it so interesting and relaxing. I love bees.

My parents had a beehive when I was growing up. It is a fulfilling and practical hobby. I have thought about giving it a myself. I'm a rural woman at heart. I want to make my property nature friendly.

Rural is the way to go!

I will never miss living in a metro area or city.

I have lived in metro areas where you could drive about an hour and still be in the same city. Ugh.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

You have to let them roam otherwise you have to feed them a lot of meal, which is not good, it makes the meat kinda bland, like market chicken

I love free range chicken, the difference in taste is huge, and the eggs too.

They are also excellent to control things like scorpions and spiders, although I don't have much of a problem with those there

The important thing is always having a place for them to sleep at night and a small enclosed area with chicken wire covering it, so the hens can take care of the chicks, otherwise the hawks and other birds will have their share.

I thought about getting goats years ago too, but they tend to get into vegetable gardens and get sick too easy if you always keep them in enclosures.

We had chickens for eggs when I was a kid. The eggs are amazing and the yolks almost an orange color, so rich and delicious.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I wonder what JBS S.A.'s market share is in Brazil. I imagine it is pretty high as that is their home market and the company has plants all over the entire world.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

We ought to turn to non-beef protein until this blows over. There's chicken, pork, beef, and fish. Eggs. There are also plenty of non-animal proteins.

The agrobusiness is booming here in Brazoo, but the price of food is going up, since China is buying pretty much all they can

And it seems you guys are having a helluva drought, which will only make matters worse

My guy wants to get goats too. They're so cute when they're kids. I don't know about having them when they get big though. I think they'd eat my vegetable garden up.

I'd like to keep bees as well.....just as a personal hobby. And everyone loves honey. Sounds strange but I will watch bee keeping youtube videos and I find it so interesting and relaxing. I love bees.

My parents had a beehive when I was growing up. It is a fulfilling and practical hobby. I have thought about giving it a myself. I'm a rural woman at heart. I want to make my property nature friendly.

Rural is the way to go!

I have lived in metro areas where you could drive about an hour and still be in the same city. Ugh.

Traffick. Car smell. Light pollution. Lots of people. Garbage and trash all over.

I hate it. I'll take a small town and a rural area anyday.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Rural is the way to go!

Traffick. Car smell. Light pollution. Lots of people. Garbage and trash all over.

I hate it. I'll take a small town and a rural area anyday.

Frankly, the people are the worst. People get mean in big cities. There is lot to do, but I find myself not wanting to go out because everything is an ordeal - traffic, parking, lines and waiting. It gets to the point that I don't take advantage to all the good things available because of all the people.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Rural is the way to go!

That is many large cities in the US. L.A. in Southern California comes to mind. Though, shit, in L.A. traffic you might only make it 20 miles in an hour.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

I wonder what JBS S.A.'s market share is in Brazil. I imagine it is pretty high as that is their home market and the company has plants all over the entire world.

I don't know exactly, but they're huge. They bought Friboi and they are probably the biggest one here

JBS, Marfrig and Minerva, JBS being the biggest

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

too pretty for eating.. keep it for the eggs

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
We had chickens for eggs when I was a kid. The eggs are amazing and the yolks almost an orange color, so rich and delicious.
Free range meat tend to be a little tougher, especially if you never feed them, so you have to give them feed at least once a day to avoid having skinny chickens.

LOL I'm deciding if I get a rooster or not. You have to be extra careful with eggs when a rooster is around, otherwise, you must pick the eggs everyday and keep them refrigerated

I think I'm going to just buy baby chicks, they're dirty cheap here

And just eat the males first LOL

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
meat, eggs, milk... imagine life before the refrigerator?

no wonder the #1 cause of death was diarrhea

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
I can only be thankful this year, the trees are simply bending with fruit, even the custard apples came out great this year.

The years before I used to give the excess (which is a lot) to neighbors and it was so much a lot of it would go to waste.

But these days I just call a couple dudes, they pick up about 80% of everything (except the coffee obviously) and sell it at the regional wholesale market. The time when things like oranges and bananas were dirty cheap is gone. Everything is worthy selling these days

Today I got this crates, gonna keep a little for myself, give some to family and a few neighbors and donate the rest to the local shelter and orphanage. Except for the custard apples. Those only me and my folks get to eat LOL

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

The left wing media has been trying to push people to eat insects here lately. The reason is the eastern half of the country is having billions of cicadas pop out of the ground to do their once in a decade mating. I don't really see it catching on no matter how many "you can fry them and eat them" puff pieces they do. Maybe to feed pigs, chickens, or fish but it will never catch on as human food in the west.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

The left wing media has been trying to push people to eat insects here lately. The reason is the eastern half of the country is having billions of cicadas pop out of the ground to do their once in a decade mating. I don't really see it catching on no matter how many "you can fry them and eat them" puff pieces they do. Maybe to feed pigs, chickens, or fish but it will never catch on as human food in the west.

Bahahahah people will feast on each other before eating those creepy crawlers

But eventually, the soyboys will be what's left of humanity and they'll feed on powdered grubs and other nasty shit in name "saving the planet"

Meanwhile, the rich and "off the grid" will be eating real food.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
No big whoop, Argentine Beef is better.

Too bad they're telling you gringos to go fuck yourselves and aren't selling it

Now apologize

They left wing government has had export bans for years now in order to keep domestic prices low for political reasons. The problem is it starves the Argentine beef industry of capital in order to modernize. It is ultimately self defeating just like virtually all left wing policies.

It especially hurts the nation's balance of trade and thus supply of hard currency.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
They left wing government has had export bans for years now in order to keep domestic prices low for political reasons. The problem is it starves the Argentine beef industry of capital in order to modernize. It is ultimately self defeating just like virtually all left wing policies.

It especially hurts the nation's balance of trade and thus supply of hard currency.
It's even worse than that

What will happen is that the cattle raising industry will go broke, since they need dollars to buy everything they need. Vaccines, machinery, medicine, everything.

When they all go bankrupt, China will just move in and buy everything

The Chinese are simply drooling all over South America, they know they need the resources and food from here.

They already own a lot of land here, among other important infrastructure, like the ports.

In a certain sense, we are already fucked and now they'll just keep manipulating the markets and releasing their plagues to keep getting what they want

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Bahahahah people will feast on each other before eating those creepy crawlers

But eventually, the soyboys will be what's left of humanity and they'll feed on powdered grubs and other nasty shit in name "saving the planet"

Meanwhile, the rich and "off the grid" will be eating real food.
we already eat bugs, shrimp r the cockroaches of the sea and lobsters r the big waterbugs

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
we already eat bugs, shrimp r the cockroaches of the sea and lobsters r the big waterbugs
They are crustaceans, they're different LOL

When you cook those foods you get stuff with a meaty texture and they're all delicious because they already come seasoned from the ocean

How do you think those cooked grubs taste like? I've seem them describing them as having a "nutty" flavor

Fuck that

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

When you cook those foods you get stuff with a meaty texture and they're all delicious because they already come seasoned from the ocean

How do you think those cooked grubs taste like? I've seem them describing them as having a "nutty" flavor

Fuck that

I'm not eating bugs. Nope.

I'll kill and eat those fat fucking feminazis first. And that's revolting enough.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

It's even worse than that

What will happen is that the cattle raising industry will go broke, since they need dollars to buy everything they need. Vaccines, machinery, medicine, everything.

When they all go bankrupt, China will just move in and buy everything

The Chinese are simply drooling all over South America, they know they need the resources and food from here.

They already own a lot of land here, among other important infrastructure, like the ports.

In a certain sense, we are already fucked and now they'll just keep manipulating the markets and releasing their plagues to keep getting what they want

Brazil (and to a lesser extent Argentina) has already benefited greatly from trade tensions between the US and China due to the CCP's unfair subsidies and trade practices. They stopped buying first US soy beans (even though quality wise they are regarded as the best in China) then Canada and finally Australia. In terms of mass exports that really only leave Latin America as Africa remains primitive shite wrt its agricultural industry especially wrt ability to efficiently mass export.

Brazil and Argentina can but like you said there are some very bad domestic policies in place for purely self serving reasons for the politicians which harm domestic producers in those countries (especially Argentina with its export and currency controls).

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Where?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Fuck that

I'll kill and eat those fat fucking feminazis first. And that's revolting enough.

See, you made it unnecessarily political. Oerdin did the same thing with his bug eating post.
Why must everything be turned political?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Fuck that

See, you made it unnecessarily political. Oerdin did the same thing with his bug eating post.

I dont see those people are "political". I see them as woke psychos.

I would say the SAME thing if they were libertarian or right. They just so happen to be fringe prog types.

They don't really have "politics" as much as they have some sort of identity and a list of irrational woke demands.

We referenced it because its piggy backing a discussion that was had a few weeks ago regarding meat and green politics. You were not here then.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Where?

Just Google "eat cicadas" and you will find dozens of articles being pushed by the American left wing urging people to eat bugs "for the enviroment". This is theor new religion.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Fuck that

It literally is one side pushing this. As you seem to be outside the US I will accept that you are just ignorant but greens and far lefties truly have been pushing this in mass media in the US. The vast, vast majority have simy laughed at their stupidity but it truly has been pushed with the fervor of new converts to a religion.

We are talking a huge push in the last month or so.