California to lift mask mandates soon

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Dems have figured out their false narrative is crashing and that they massively over played their hand. BTW it is only the outdoor mask mandate which Newscum is dropping. The indoor one is remaining though, at least here, everyone ignores it.

The only place still enforcing it is public schools and the DMV.

Be serious… the outdoor mandate was NEVER enforced.

Not here, thankfully, but they did in much of the bay area as well as in public schools. It was always retarded and anti-science.

I kinda think when all these masking mandates end we'll see a rise in infection and deaths everywhere.

Not because the masks provide protection but because more people will become less careful.

Joe, please stop repeating this nonsense which has already been debunked. I have previously posted graphs of infection rates in mask vs no mask areas and infections went up slightly in mask areas compared to no mask. The trend was only slight but they sure as hell didn't help anything.

As I indicated before Oerdin it's not that the mask provide any additional protection, it's just that people will become less careful, begin to disregard social distancing and congregate in larger groups and more crowded settings. And that's probably what will lead to a greater spread of the virus.

In other words more people will let their guards down.

they refuse to accept that the mask was not the solution and only a prevention method

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Omg... no masks? tHEY'rE AlL GoNnA dYE!!!!!!!!

I’m just happy we are finally going to be like the Hell’s waiting room aka Florida :Happy5:

I’m genuinely happy to be able to raw dog oxygen inside public places again…. But I genuinely dislike people and will continue as I always have to avoid them like the plague.
don't know what you heard but florida is doing great

ER wait times are still 3 minutes or less

Somehow, I don't believe you.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
If I lived a place like California where the weather was always 70 and above, I'D probably do everything outside. EAT, exercise, party even work with an office on on the porch! I wouldnt go ta any indoor gyms anymore. JUST do it all outside, eh?

Yer so much freerer when you live in a place like that provided you kin get a pad by the ocean somewhere.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
If I lived a place like California where the weather was always 70 and above, I'D probably do everything outside. EAT, exercise, party even work with an office on on the porch! I wouldnt go ta any indoor gyms anymore. JUST do it all outside, eh?

Yer so much freerer when you live in a place like that provided you kin get a pad by the ocean somewhere.

I do a ton of everything outside even in the snow. I love having every season ♡

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

It looks a bit to br-r-r-r in the winter where you live @Dove y.

Heck you may as well be a Canadian or move to Quebec.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

It looks a bit to br-r-r-r in the winter where you lI've @Dove y.

It is. And we are close to the Canadian border.

There is a bunch of stuff to do outside in the winter. We sled. We make snow forts. Snow mobiling. Ice fishing. We do bonfires all year round. We still grill as well. I'll still do yoga on my deck even in the winter. I love being outside.

I only hate the snow when I have to drive in it.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

There is a bunch of stuff to do outside in the winter. We sled. We make snow forts. Snow mobiling. Ice fishing. We do bonfires all year round. We still grill as well. I'll still do yoga on my deck even in the winter. I love being outside.

Michigan looks like an American version of Ontario.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Dems have figured out their false narrative is crashing and that they massively over played their hand. BTW it is only the outdoor mask mandate which Newscum is dropping. The indoor one is remaining though, at least here, everyone ignores it.

Not here, thankfully, but they did in much of the bay area as well as in public schools. It was always retarded and anti-science.

I kinda think when all these masking mandates end we'll see a rise in infection and deaths everywhere.

Not because the masks provide protection but because more people will become less careful.

Joe, please stop repeating this nonsense which has already been debunked. I have previously posted graphs of infection rates in mask vs no mask areas and infections went up slightly in mask areas compared to no mask. The trend was only slight but they sure as hell didn't help anything.

except masked areas represent higher concentrations of residency… so you only proved the CDC was right to recommend masks

Not really. Unless you think Wisconsin is more dense than Florida. Masks always did not work, the science always said this, Democrats simply lied. Unless you are using an N95 Mask which you change every 15-20 minutes masking not only didn't meaningfully help it actually made your chances for infection go up slightly. Fact.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

As I indicated before Oerdin it's not that the mask provide any additional protection, it's just that people will become less careful, begin to disregard social distancing and congregate in larger groups and more crowded settings. And that's probably what will lead to a greater spread of the virus.

In other words more people will let their guards down.

they refuse to accept that the mask was not the solution and only a prevention method

I am sorry that facts and reality disagree with you and that you are unable to accept that.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

except masked areas represent higher concentrations of residency… so you only proved the CDC was right to recommend masks

Not really. Unless you think Wisconsin is more dense than Florida. Masks always did not work, the science always said this, Democrats simply lied. Unless you are using an N95 Mask which you change every 15-20 minutes masking not only didn't meaningfully help it actually made your chances for infection go up slightly. Fact.

this is not a regional pandemic… it’s global and the spread had way more to do with lifestyle choices than it did with geography

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Does Ontario have sand dunes and waterfalls?

We have those and a whole peninsula :D

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Niagara Falls!

73c7a858-c4eb-4308-aeb2-e32b1029bb36.jpg

Remember? !

duh-h-h!

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Actually I did find the Great Lakes quite spectacular. I stood on the Shores of one in Chicago. It was a big swathe of aqua blue which looked like an ocean cept it was a very large Lake as far as the eye could see. It was very captivating to the eye.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Niagara Falls!

Remember? !

duh-h-h!

Indeed! I didnt realize that was Ontario.

DOH lol

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Actually I did find the Great Lakes quite spectacular. I stood on the Shores of one in Chicago. It was a big swathe of aqua blue which looked like an ocean cept it was a very large Lake as far as the eye could see. It was very captivating to the eye.

The Great Lakes ARE spectacular ♡

My favorite Great Lakes beach is the lake Huron beach in Oscoda. It's a white sand beach and the water is knee deep for like a mile. It's beautiful.

20220208-183936.jpg

20220208-183923.jpg

(I didnt take these pics of Oscoda. My kids are in all of mine..so i yeeted these off the internet)

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Niagara Falls!

Remember? !

duh-h-h!

That is the American side of Niagara Falls. The Canadian side is in the distance at the top right of the picture.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Lots of sand dunes. We have the other side of Lake Huron, plus Georgian Bay, Lake Ontario, and Lake Erie that all have big dunes.

And thousands of water falls.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

We share the Niagara Escarpment with Northern Michigan and a few other parts of USA which gives us a lot of interesting geography. I think the nicest parts of the Escarpment are in Southern Ontario.

And we have the Canadian Shield which gives us more, and different, geography.

Not taking anything away from Michigan.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
The Great Lakes ARE spectacular ♡

My favorite Great Lakes beach is the lake Huron beach in Oscoda. It's a white sand beach and the water is knee deep for like a mile. It's beautiful.

20220208-183936.jpg

20220208-183923.jpg

(I didnt take these pics of Oscoda. My kids are in all of mine..so i yeeted these off the internet)

You really should check out the other side of Lake Huron just to see the sunsets.

My family had a cottage on this beach:

sign-and-sunset.jpg

It is a big beach...over 7 miles long.

sauble-beach.jpg

One of my sister's has a cottage (really a house) on a smaller beach just south of here (you can walk along the water to here):

4694651600X6403174246-IMG9461.JPG

Here is a sunset from there:

6063369725_ea19634175.jpg

I have been lucky to have places right on the beach to visit. My in-laws used to live on a smaller lake too, so I had a nice house on a lake to visit for a couple of decades. And one of my other sisters has a cottage on the Ottawa River that she let's us use.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
The sunsets on Lake Huron even on the Michigan side are intense and stunning. It must just be that Lake lol.

Huron is definately my favorite one with Lake Michigan coming in second. Lake Michigan is about 5 hours west of me on the other side of the state. I actually hate the other side of Michigan where Muskegon and Grand Rapids are. But there is a place called Grand Haven that I find worth the drive.

Is there a way to cross Huron to get to Ontario or would I have to go through Detroit into Winsdor and get to Ontario that way? I actually havent crossed the border since I was 20. It used to be a big thing for metro Detroit teens to head to Windsor when they turned 19 due to the drinking age lol.

My 16 year has been wanting to go exploring in Canada and we talking about driving to Toranto for a weekend.....but than Covid hit. Ontario looks and sounds like its Michigan except it's not lol. Mostly everyone(at least everyone who works and pays taxes) has a family cottage or cabin up north.

Last edited:

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Is there a way to cross Huron to get to Ontario or would I have to go through Detroit into Winsdor and get to Ontario that way?

Or Port Huron Michigan crosses to Sarnia, Ontario.

My 16 year has been wanting to go exploring in Canada and we talking about driving to Toranto for a weekend...

I do not like Toronto. There is tourist type stuff to do, I suppose. I think it would be good to hang out in Chinatown for a bit, Greektown for a bit...maybe the core of downtown for a bit.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for.

Last summer we went to see The Thousand Islands up near Gananoque. That is a nice area.

We went to a few Provincial Parks that can be awesome (if you go to the right ones).

If you want to do backwoods camping, this place is great:

We stopped there for a few days on our way to the Killarney area - North shore of Georgian Bay.

Some great lookout there:

Head North of Sudbury and hang around some small towns there...the French Canadian culture is up there....anyways, it does depend what you are looking for....but I think Toronto is a poor example of what Ontario has to offer.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
My daughter was more interested in checking out Toranto.

Mostly though we all prefer nature and small towns to cities.

Thanks! This will probably be our spring adventure. I had completely forgotten about Port Huron :LOL3:

To be fair the only thing there really is in Port Huron is rehab programs and poverty lol but yeah you can cross there.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
To be fair the only thing there really is in Port Huron is rehab programs and poverty lol but yeah you can cross there.

Yeah, Sarnia is a bit of a trashy town too.

If you guys did make your way up the 401 to Toronto and I am around, I could meet you for a lunch or something. I am actually only 10 minutes off the 401. You could stop in for a BBQ and beer.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

If you guys did make your way up the 401 to Toronto and I am around, I could meet you for a lunch or something. I am actually only 10 minutes off the 401. You could stop in for a BBQ and beer.

That would be awesome!

I had no idea you guys were that close. I would be down for that for sure! You and my husband would definately get along :D

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Well for sure let me know if you head over this way. There are some good camping areas close to my house that would be worth a day or two visit. A campfire and guitar sing-a-long is always fun. I can give you details via PM.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

That would be awesome!

I had no idea you guys were that close. I would be down for that for sure! You and my husband would definately get along :D

Really @Dove y?

Your husband could actually get along with 'The Growler'?

By contrast, your husband seems like such a peaceful guy. ;d

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Joe.....the virus can only mutate weaker. They never mutate stronger. That's just science.

@Joe

That claim is inaccurate, do not believe the "scientists" and "clinicians" at Bastard Factory. Mutations are random. There is natural selection pressure to become more contagious and less virulent (think common cold) so that the virus doesn't kill its host (in our case us) before spreading. But because it's not a linear process and is far more complex, do not rely on what faux scientists say. Read up on it yourself. Ask a physician.

"Many viruses have evolved to become deadlier
Victory claims no virus has ever become more deadly over time, but experts say that's not the case.
"The statement that 'in the history of virology, there has never, ever, been a viral mutation that resulted in a virus that was more lethal' appears to be quite untrue,"
, virologist and assistant professor for the Gillings School of Global Public Health of the University of North Carolina, told USA TODAY.
Sheahan pointed to several examples such as the Ebola virus, which was
that not only made it more transmissible but likely more infective. This variant eventually died when the epidemic ended in 2016. The West Nile virus
into a highly virulent strain, killing crows on multiple continents.
The 1918 Spanish flu pandemic,
, is another example, said Chua."

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
FL ' Tampa Bay Ft Lauderdale Tampa Key West

CA - Northern Cal Shasta SF Silicon Valley LA San Diego.

But I was younger then & the World was a safer place.

It was far easier to explore and adventure.

Plus people trusted each other more and weren't so afraid of each other.

That was only 25 years ago.

World has certainly changed eh?

Everything was so much nicer 'back then'.

If you ever have the chance… go to Big Sur. There is a resort there built in the 1920s that is surreal and peaceful.

Big Sur is simply gorgeous.

OP
OP
Joe

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Joe.....the virus can only mutate weaker. They never mutate stronger. That's just science.

@Joe

That claim is inaccurate, do not believe the "scientists" and "clinicians" at Bastard Factory. Mutations are random. There is natural selection pressure to become more contagious and less virulent (think common cold) so that the virus doesn't kill its host (in our case us) before spreading. But because it's not a linear process and is far more complex, do not rely on what faux scientists say. Read up on it yourself. Ask a physician.

"Many viruses have evolved to become deadlier
Victory claims no virus has ever become more deadly over time, but experts say that's not the case.
"The statement that 'in the history of virology, there has never, ever, been a viral mutation that resulted in a virus that was more lethal' appears to be quite untrue,"
, virologist and assistant professor for the Gillings School of Global Public Health of the University of North Carolina, told USA TODAY.
Sheahan pointed to several examples such as the Ebola virus, which was
that not only made it more transmissible but likely more infective. This variant eventually died when the epidemic ended in 2016. The West Nile virus
into a highly virulent strain, killing crows on multiple continents.
The 1918 Spanish flu pandemic,
, is another example, said Chua."

I think once again the authorities under pressure from big business are letting their guard down too soon.

It seems a bit rash & premature to end mandates while Omicron is still prevent spreading & people are dying from it. They ought to at least wait til the spring.

Omicron seems worse than the flu or common cold.

But things being what they are, we let big business run our social & health policies now.

Given the way they're running things it can only get worse now before it gets better.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

That would be awesome!

Really @Dove y?

Your husband could actually get along with 'The Growler'?

By contrast, your husband seems like such a peaceful guy. ;d

Prowler is a peaceful guy.

I've known Prowler for years on these boards. I wouldnt have any problem having a beach day with him and his wife and my husband and my spawn.

They are just regular decent people that love animals.