Capitalism vs Communism: The Monopoly Edition

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I have a 'Godzilla' version of Monopoly but I haven't even opened it yet.

Some day I'll use it when/if I have enough friends who might be interested in such a thing. That's not quite as easy as I originally thought it would be. LoL

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I have a 'Godzilla' version of Monopoly but I haven't even opened it yet.

Some day I'll use it when/if I have enough friends who might be interested in such a thing. That's not quite as easy as I originally thought it would be. LoL

I've never played one of those special edition versions. Is it the same game with different characters or do the rules change some depending on the edition?

The most fun I ever had was playing with my husband, at the time, his best friend (very competitive) and his best friend's brother. My husband and the brother were drunkish and were passing me money and property under the table to drive the competitive bro nuts. I just had all this money and property. I went along because it was driving the bestie nuts. He kept accusing us all of cheating, but of course we denied it. Oh, the laughs, accusations, threats and did I mention laughs...

Good times...

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
According to the box it's more or less the same fundamental game but it has "custom kaiju credit currency" instead of the traditional money, the board tiles and draw cards are Godzilla/monster themed, and the player tokens are of course replaced by wee versions of Godzilla, King Ghidorah, Mothra, Minilla, Mecha-Godzilla, and Rodan.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
Cool. I have several awesome board games including Quoridor and Fearsome Floors. I should drag them down to the local library and instigate a play off.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I don't have it any more but a board game called 'HeroQuest' was always fun... a lot of that was from mapping out custom dungeons and such.

The hardest part was not killing everyone by the second or third room.
I tended to, ah, challenge people who played my maps. lulz