• Total voters
OP
OP
Levon

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter
Wait! Levon ain't Peachy? OK.

I think we have another Flynn-mobile going on here because "Levon" got a little testy a few days back over a textual asskicking I gave Peachy on a forum long, long ago. But of course now the same poaster is in LA buying foreign cars.

Interesting

I'm very familiar with the archives of numerous forums, even if they only still exist in the ether. Of all the posters I see here, @deport_liberals may be the only one with better recall.

But as you're a weekender here for the most part, I'll tell you what I've said to others, namely that I find Peachy quite easy to channel. And since he has so many enemies here, it's kind of fun to do.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
We just got a Hyundai I30.

o que? Não comprastes uma Mercedez? Acho que os gajos aí de Portugal não estão a lhe influenciar o bastante.

De que gajos falas?
Esse gajos aí de Portugal

Adoram umas Mercedez
Oi....English you cunt!
Says who?
Don’t shoot the messenger, but this has all happened before. Speak your guttural language while it lasts.
The porkyougeeze and the Burpzoolians will take over the world!!!!

There are half a million Brasileiros here.
Half a million and one next month.

You are moving to Portugal?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
If you are going to unnecessarily buying a car at the worst possible time then at least pay cash and do it private party.

Suzuki's are currently one of the cheapest and reliable bought new. He could afford a kitted out Swift with his budget...

Suzuki failed out of the US market a bit over a decade ago.

Who needs Suzuki, we have Fiats and Peugeots im Brazil.

Not really a good trade off. There is also a reason they failed out of the US market as well. FIAT has made a small come back after merging with Chrysler but they are on death watch yet again.

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned

I think we have another Flynn-mobile going on here because "Levon" got a little testy a few days back over a textual asskicking I gave Peachy on a forum long, long ago. But of course now the same poaster is in LA buying foreign cars.

Interesting

I'm very familiar with the archives of numerous forums, even if they only still exist in the ether. Of all the posters I see here, @deport_liberals may be the only one with better recall.

But as you're a weekender here for the most part, I'll tell you what I've said to others, namely that I find Peachy quite easy to channel. And since he has so many enemies here, it's kind of fun to do.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam

Interesting

Ahhh. "Channeling." Good one!

So ... how many of you have the keys?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Interesting

Mate, there a number here that were actually members of such forums..

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
OP
OP
Levon

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter

Interesting

Bluegrass, metal, Phrygian, like he's the child of Ralph Stanley and Jon Lord.

PanteraGrass?

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam

Interesting

PanteraGrass?

There's the Spoonie!

OP
OP
Levon

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter

PanteraGrass?

There's the Spoonie!

LOL the Spoonie you know can't tell the diff between a F# major seventh chord and a F# minor seventh. Pretty sure he couldn't tell you the difference between Phrygian and Ionic or Phrygian and Lydian.

But I hadda announce that I bought half a dozen $10 tickets yesterday for a fund raiser, some do-gooder gearheads are raffling off a restored 1988 BMW M3. If I got lucky I could drive it for a few months, sell it for maybe $35K, and have some spare change after buying the beast I was originally looking for.

c1e9da8b22ac0b129d69652a699af0e6.jpeg

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

PanteraGrass?

There's the Spoonie!

LOL the Spoonie you know can't tell the diff between a F# major seventh chord and a F# minor seventh. Pretty sure he couldn't tell you the difference between Phrygian and Ionic or Phrygian and Lydian.

But I hadda announce that I bought half a dozen $10 tickets yesterday for a fund raiser, some do-gooder gearheads are raffling off a restored 1988 BMW M3. If I got lucky I could drive it for a few months, sell it for maybe $35K, and have some spare change after buying the beast I was originally looking for.

Don’t go red...red sucks. Charcoal, black, white or midnight blue.

OP
OP
Levon

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter

PanteraGrass?

There's the Spoonie!

With BMWs I'm mostly a white guy. Usually they offer two or three blues and some of them are okay. But this raffle car is red. My wife would like it but the way she drives it'd be a cop magnet for sure.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

PanteraGrass?

There's the Spoonie!

With BMWs I'm mostly a white guy. Usually they offer two or three blues and some of them are okay. But this raffle car is red. My wife would like it but the way she drives it'd be a cop magnet for sure.

Fuck...respray it. I work with colour, and red is for the frustrated or the youth.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

PanteraGrass?

There's the Spoonie!

So, did you win it?

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
If you are going to unnecessarily buying a car at the worst possible time then at least pay cash and do it private party.

Suzuki's are currently one of the cheapest and reliable bought new. He could afford a kitted out Swift with his budget...

Suzuki failed out of the US market a bit over a decade ago.

Who needs Suzuki, we have Fiats and Peugeots im Brazil.

Not really a good trade off. There is also a reason they failed out of the US market as well. FIAT has made a small come back after merging with Chrysler but they are on death watch yet again.

FIAT (Fix It Again, Tony).

Last edited:
OP
OP
Levon

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter

PanteraGrass?

There's the Spoonie!

So, did you win it?

I don't think it's over yet. Not sure when the drawing is, think it's around the 12th-15th. At any rate, no one has contacted me so far with congratulations.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam

Interesting

PanteraGrass?

I'm moar like this:

OP
OP
Levon

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter

PanteraGrass?

There's the Spoonie!

Just an update. The raffle ended on Oct. 13 and I didn't win.

I'm still looking. I've decided it has to be a 130i, that's the specific powertrain I want. Good news is, prices on them haven't gotten too crazy, bad news is, they're kinda scarce on the market. I've looked hard into a couple of them, a white one near Denver (had a pal look it over for me) and one in DFW (darkish blue) and another pal checked it out. The white one wasn't fresh enough to suit me and the blue one was too pricey if I add in the delivery charge, I've made a standing offer so if he can't get his price it may still be a possibility.

Further updates when I have them.

And I see Reggie's been serenading me here. @Reggie_Essent did you know that Handel (1685 - 1759) was an early composer of metal, as well as Scarlatti and some of those other Baroque guys?

OP
OP
Levon

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter
Latest update, I've turned into a raffle junkie. There's a charity org for veterans that scoured all the NYC parking garages a couple years back for "abandoned" Corvettes, came up with about 35 of them, restored them to some unknown degree, and raffled them off starting last year sometime, in groups of six or eight cars at a time.

Details of this raffle are at
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
and the deadline to enter the final drawing is early January.

Evidently the odds of winning a random Vette, which prolly were poor even in the first of the five drawings, clearly get worse with each successive drawing since all the non-winners get another shot or shots in the rest of the drawings. My mom would kill me if she knew I was such a bad gambler, except she likes Vettes even more than I do. But even so, I figure my odds of winning big are MUCH BETTER than @Lokmar 's odds of even getting a thank you card from Trump for all the dough he's sent HIM, so I clearly ain't the only dumbass with a checkbook on THIS forum.

I just bought fifty bucks worth of tickets. Laugh all ya want, but I feel lucky.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Levon

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter
Nobody has asked, but a couple of weeks ago I did finally find a car I liked. Problem was, it was 1800 miles from here in St Louis but at least I had a bro in law on scene to go vet it and drive it for me.

Very fresh car, clean carfax, complete maintenance history, 2012 with the turbo motor and the dual clutch 7 speed auto trans, only 42K miles on it. All the bells and whistles.

I was able to get it out the door of the dealership for $22 thou but the shipping added to that so I was near the top of my $25K budget by the time it rolled offa the transporter a few days ago. The back seat is a joke of course, my dog will fit back there but it's really a two seater.

I love it, and I did get more than I expected for the good old truck.

bimmer-ext.gif

bimmer-int.gif

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
That seems reasonably good all told. Prices are a bit high on used cars right now but that seems like a relatively good buy. Hopefully the previous owner did the required maintenance on time.