Change of Seasons, Change of Leisure Activities

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
So the cold weather seems to just about be gone. I put my snow machine away for the summer a few weeks ago. Had some good rides this past winter.

And now it is time to think about putting my 2023 C8 Corvette Stingray on the road. I was thinking April 15 would be the day to put road insurance back on it, but they are calling for a high of 21C (that is about 70F) and sunny in a week from now. So I am now considering putting road insurance on for April 12. I plan to do a lot of pleasure driving this year.

Most of my winter hockey referring is over. I have one more shift in a few days for a tournament and then no refereeing until the summer season starts which is probably early May. But I have been playing pickup hockey once a week for the past few weeks and I think I will continue that through the summer. So probably one or two referee shifts per week, and one pickup hockey game per week through the "off-season". That will keep my skating muscles in good shape.

My baseball games start on May 13. I have been throwing the ball indoors for the past few weeks to get my arm in shape. We have not had a real, complete season since 2019, so I am really looking forward to this season. Nobody understands the game of baseball like those who play it, so you will not understand how great it will be to be on the field again with my team.

I will probably stop playing so much indoor basketball and will start to play recreational outdoor sports like disc golf.

With nice weather also comes the opportunity to play outdoor music shows. I like playing indoors too, but audiences like being outside in the warm weather enjoying their drinks a little more than being inside I think. We have a couple pretty big shows lined-up this summer, and are working on booking a few more.

I am looking forward to camping, flying my drone, paddling my kayak, sitting around campfires, etc. etc.

Of course, I will be off on my Alaskan Cruise soon enough too.

The winter was great. Spring is here and the excitement of warm weather activities is building. I love the changes of the seasons and the opportunities for adventure every season offers.

What is happening with all you Bastards?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This thread title sounds like somebody is going thru menopause....
I know @The Prowler can't afford a nice home in Florida like @Biggie Smiles, but he should at least get a trailer and move down there for 6 months of the year instead of living the Lie pretending he's happy. Live the life instead, eh?
I met some poor working class blokes from where he lives who move down there during the winters cuz it's too damn cold where he lives in December, eh?

1-2.jpg

Y'know if the Prowler waits too long to pursue his dream, he'll grow inta just another Angry White Male never fulfilling what he wanted in life, a better place to live

Life's too short to grow old like that.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
So the cold weather seems to just about be gone. I put my snow machine away for the summer a few weeks ago. Had some good rides this past winter.

And now it is time to think about putting my 2023 C8 Corvette Stingray on the road. I was thinking April 15 would be the day to put road insurance back on it, but they are calling for a high of 21C (that is about 70F) and sunny in a week from now. So I am now considering putting road insurance on for April 12. I plan to do a lot of pleasure driving this year.

Most of my winter hockey referring is over. I have one more shift in a few days for a tournament and then no refereeing until the summer season starts which is probably early May. But I have been playing pickup hockey once a week for the past few weeks and I think I will continue that through the summer. So probably one or two referee shifts per week, and one pickup hockey game per week through the "off-season". That will keep my skating muscles in good shape.

My baseball games start on May 13. I have been throwing the ball indoors for the past few weeks to get my arm in shape. We have not had a real, complete season since 2019, so I am really looking forward to this season. Nobody understands the game of baseball like those who play it, so you will not understand how great it will be to be on the field again with my team.

I will probably stop playing so much indoor basketball and will start to play recreational outdoor sports like disc golf.

With nice weather also comes the opportunity to play outdoor music shows. I like playing indoors too, but audiences like being outside in the warm weather enjoying their drinks a little more than being inside I think. We have a couple pretty big shows lined-up this summer, and are working on booking a few more.

I am looking forward to camping, flying my drone, paddling my kayak, sitting around campfires, etc. etc.

Of course, I will be off on my Alaskan Cruise soon enough too.

The winter was great. Spring is here and the excitement of warm weather activities is building. I love the changes of the seasons and the opportunities for adventure every season offers.

What is happening with all you Bastards?

Not much. I kill trees, bushes, grass, snakes, and small mammals on the daily. I've worked everyday for nearly two weeks and will continue doing so until April 18th when I fly down and reunite with my family for 5 days.. it's my youngest's birthday... so important.

Then I'll immediately go back up north and work on 30 kilometres of overgrown bush or tracks that haven't been cleaned out since the greenies stopped it from the mid 2000's...

Funny thing though.... there's been so fucking much rain and explosive growth over the last few years, the greenies shut their stupid mouths and local governments wouldn't listen to them any further anyway.

I hate leftists.... so stupid, unless their properties are under threat.

Master

Won't post at a forum CDunce has a panel at
Site Supporter
I know @The Prowler can't afford a nice home in Florida like @Biggie Smiles, but he should at least get a trailer and move down there for 6 months of the year instead of living the Lie pretending he's happy. Live the life instead, eh?
I met some poor working class blokes from where he lives who move down there during the winters cuz it's too damn cold where he lives in December, eh?

1-2.jpg

Y'know if the Prowler waits too long to pursue his dream, he'll grow inta just another Angry White Male never fulfilling what he wanted in life, a better place to live

Oh shit!!!

Looks like Joe just treated that walking lumber pile Prowler.

Good for you, Joe, don't take that shit!!

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

1-2.jpg

@Joe As I already told you in a different thread, my house is worth more than probably 98% of the houses in Florida so moving there would not be a problem financially.

@Joe, I already own a travel trailer. I go on about at least a half dozen camping trips every year. This year our long camping trip will bring us to the Gaspé Peninsula.

1058721-0801-perce.jpg

@Joe I was considering spending 3 weeks in Florida this past winter and even booked a site at a trailer park. But we decided that we did not want to do it this year, and cancelled the reservation.

@Joe In the winter here I can play hockey, referee hockey, play indoor music shows, ride my snow machine, enjoy the beauty of the snow, etc. etc.. Do I like a week or two of warming-up in a warm climate? Yes, and that is why many winters we go South, often for a Caribbean cruise, and also for trips to places like New Orleans.

@Joe You met "poor working class blokes" who move to Florida for the winter? Hahahaha!!! If they are "poor working class blokes", what does that make you?!?!?

@Joe
You are an old man living in government-subsidized housing who goes through neighbour's garbage to find "hidden treasures" like a Used Mop!!!!!

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
April 18th when I fly down and reunite with my family for 5 days

Awesome. You must be counting the days! Enjoy it.

@Joe Does not have a family that want to see him. @Joe does not get along with his brother. Just this past year @Joe lost the only person in his family that could put up with him - his mother. It must haunt @Joe knowing that just a few days before she croaked, he was on here complaining about having to help her with the chores around her house. I can only imagine how guilty @Joe feels for being that petty and selfish.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
@Joe I called the car insurance company today and reactivated my road coverage for my white 2023 C8 Corvette Stingray to start on Tuesday.

@Joe I am looking forward to taking it for a ride tomorrow. I am bottling beer at 3pm and I am getting together with some buddies for wings and beer at 6pm, so that gives me a couple of destinations.

@Joe I plan to pickup an SD card sometime too. The Performance Data Recorder needs a fast and large SD card.

@Joe Here is some video of a recording from the PDR:

@Joe I think you can set it to record all the time so it is like an "Always On" dash cam. And you can have it display a variety of information like speed, gear, lateral G-force, engine RPM, etc.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
@Joe I plan to pickup an SD card sometime too. The Performance Data Recorder needs a fast and large SD card.

@Joe I got the PDR going last night.

@Joe Just let me know if you want to see some footage.

@Joe You can pretend that you are with me in the car talking about all the young women who are smiling at us and probably want to have sloppy sex with us.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
@Joe So I went over to one of my sister's houses this evening to play a board game. I gave my brother-in-law a ride in my 2023 Corvette C8.

@Joe He is buying a new Porsche Taycan. It has been built and shipped from Germany already. He was on a waiting list for a few years.

@Joe My car is fast as snot.

@Joe My wife drove home because I had a couple of beers. There is an added element of excitement/danger when a woman is at the wheel.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
@Joe So I went over to one of my sister's houses this evening to play a board game. I gave my brother-in-law a ride in my 2023 Corvette C8.

@Joe He is buying a new Porsche Taycan. It has been built and shipped from Germany already. He was on a waiting list for a few years.

@Joe My car is fast as snot.

@Joe My wife drove home because I had a couple of beers. There is an added element of excitement/danger when a woman is at the wheel.
Moar seasonal change bro…and less about Joe. Tschüss.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I’m digging the middle of Autumn…water’s still warm and the weather is just right. Surf was good this weekend, but I was a bit uncomfortable in amongst a big school of sea mullet. I felt I was a part of the smorgasbord…

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
@Joe

So I took the roof off my White 2023 C8 Z51 Corvette Stingray on Saturday for the first time.

I got my wife to help me since it was all new to me.

It was nice. Really nice. I can see me keeping the roof off most of the time.

Comparing it to my Camaro Z28 when I take the two roof panels off (it is a T Top roof), the Corvette is more open, but it is less turbulent. The air really blows around in my Z28, but not in my Corvette. Part of that might be that there is so much more room at the back of the Z28. There is a back seat plus a hatchback and trunk area all open to the cabin.

I looked at some PDR video with my bro-in-law and me driving with the roof off, and you can hear us talking clearly. I might post some of the video.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
@Joe The roof is off in that video...you can see when we are driving at a little over 120km you can still hear pretty well.

OP
OP
The Prowler

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
@Joe The roof is off in that video...you can see when we are driving at a little over 120km you can still hear pretty well.

How come none of you Bastards let me know if you could see the video?

It is here, if you cannot see it on this site (which I do not seem to be able to):

Fuck, this site tries to put everything inline. You can put the URL together with these two segments.

@Joe Can you see it?

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

com/file/d/1hCTbmnixEuNaJJ-Qj8s_-Qz4xqqAw54g/view?usp=share_link