Chega Party in Portugal

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I read a story about this on my newsfeed. @LotusBud Do you have any comments? I thought it was interesting and wonder what's feeding this party in your adopted country from a non news article perspective. Is it being dramatized by the media?

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Admin.

The Goat
Site Supporter ☠️
Right Wing extremism has been on the rise around the world for decades, brought home to America more recently by the Trump chaos, and as Reagan paraphrased 'we are that shining City on the hill', that other countries look to.

Admin.

The Goat
Site Supporter ☠️
No, no, no...I am not, and have never been, a crypto-fascist.
I was referring to nationality, one thing the ass wipes on the right do not understand is that the two major political parties are not based on ideology, even if their media tells them so.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam
It's good to see you identify with crypto-fascists. It's a step in the right direction for you.

So in your warped and twisted mind, people who love and want freedom are "crypto-fascists." Interesting.

Please define a "crypto-fascist" for me. As you define it, of course.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
So in your warped and twisted mind, people who love and want freedom are "crypto-fascists." Interesting.

Please define a "crypto-fascist" for me. As you define it, of course.

You are a supporter of fascists out in the "anonymous" environment of the internet. I doubt your cowardly ass speaks so openly for your support of fascists in any public setting.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam
You are a supporter of fascists out in the "anonymous" environment of the internet. I doubt your cowardly ass speaks so openly for your support of fascists in any public setting.
Who are these "fascists" that I support? Can you define and show examples of these "fascist policies" that you claim I support?

I submit that your Democrat Party is today actually fascist, which is the merger of corporate and state power (as defined by Mussolini who can be considered an expert on fascism) as evidenced by the collusion between the State and Big Tech to censor content to effect the outcome of the 2020 election.

That is fascism, dear. You support it.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Who are these "fascists" that I support? Can you define and show examples of these "fascist policies" that you claim I support?

I submit that your Democrat Party is today actually fascist, which is the merger of corporate and state power (as defined by Mussolini who can be considered an expert on fascism) as evidenced by the collusion between the State and Big Tech to censor content to effect the outcome of the 2020 election.

That is fascism, dear. You support it.

Ron DeSantis and his losing war in Fl and Trump's rantings about what he'd do in his second term.

Trump: “Today, I add: I am your warrior. I am your justice. And for those who have been wronged and betrayed, I am your retribution.” He will do these things using the full power of the Executive against Americans he or his supporters despise.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I read a story about this on my newsfeed. @LotusBud Do you have any comments? I thought it was interesting and wonder what's feeding this party in your adopted country from a non news article perspective. Is it being dramatized by the media?

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
The Chega Party exists, probably fed by poverty here and the perception that immigration makes it worse. But Chega is not exactly a major force. Many other European countries are far worse with their far right bullshit. Chega have 12 seats out of 230 in Parliament. Not exactly a sizable voting block. But the worst thing that's happening here is that property values are going up as a result of rich investors. That has nothing to do with immigration issues. Also Airbnb is making rents out of reach for many. That's tourism, not immigration. So, generally Portuguese people are smarter than Americans. I don't think the right wing will grow by leaps and bounds because Portuguese people generally are more capable of understanding what the fuck is going on than, say, Americans or Brits. The government is trying to deal with Airbnb and rich investors. We'll see how that works out.

Admin.

The Goat
Site Supporter ☠️
The Chega Party exists, probably fed by poverty here and the perception that immigration makes it worse. But Chega is not exactly a major force. Many other European countries are far worse with their far right bullshit. Chega have 12 seats out of 230 in Parliament. Not exactly a sizable voting block. But the worst thing that's happening here is that property values are going up as a result of rich investors. That has nothing to do with immigration issues. Also Airbnb is making rents out of reach for many. That's tourism, not immigration. So, generally Portuguese people are smarter than Americans. I don't think the right wing will grow by leaps and bounds because Portuguese people generally are more capable of understanding what the fuck is going on than, say, Americans or Brits. The government is trying to deal with Airbnb and rich investors. We'll see how that works out.
Living in a tourist area, short term rentals have corrupted the affordable housing market here very mucho, as well as almost everywhere I think.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Living in a tourist area, short term rentals have corrupted the affordable housing market here very mucho, as well as almost everywhere I think.
It' criminal. Portugal has instated laws against Airbnb and other vacation rentals. They're just starting these programs, though.