Costa Rica celebrates.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

The holiday is being celebrated tomorrow. Ticos take this holiday seriously. Apparently most feel there is no need for an expensive army, arms or wars. I do understand this is a very small country, without any enemies. Same holds true for gun ownership. One can own one after a lengthy permit process. Most choose not to bother with owning a gun. I think it’s awesome.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️

The holiday is being celebrated tomorrow. Ticos take this holiday seriously. Apparently most feel there is no need for an expensive army, arms or wars. I do understand this is a very small country, without any enemies. Same holds true for gun ownership. One can own one after a lengthy permit process. Most choose not to bother with owning a gun. I think it’s awesome.
But how do the Residents of the 'Rich Coast' protect themselves from all the government tyrannies?

OP
OP
Seamajor

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
But how do the Residents of the 'Rich Coast' protect themselves from all the government tyrannies?

This is a good question. Corruption is an ever present issue. Each party accuses the other of corruption. I don’t doubt it exists, but rarely proven. We’ve has some great and recognized presidents since I’ve lived here. Abel Pacheco, Laura Chinchilla, Oscar Arias who received the Nobel peace prize. Costa Rica remains a third world country, with a ever growing middle class.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
This is a good question. Corruption is an ever present issue. Each party accuses the other of corruption. I don’t doubt it exists, but rarely proven. We’ve has some great and recognized presidents since I’ve lived here. Abel Pacheco, Laura Chinchilla, Oscar Arias who received the Nobel peace prize. Costa Rica remains a third world country, with a ever growing middle class.
In my not too well informed opinion, I would suspect Costa Rica faces more threat from it's neighbors, than from within.

OP
OP
Seamajor

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Nicaragua is influenced by Russia and China. They purchased 90 surplus tanks from Russia 3 years ago. China wants to construct another canal partially over land. The reality is Nicaragua provides a large part of the work force, in CR. so I don’t think Danial Ortega is up for any type of invasion, since they are a poor country. Panama doesn’t seem to be a threat. It’s no secret that the US would help CR out if needed. Ollie and Ronnie did their best to fight communism in this region and failed badly, while flooding the US with cocaine.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I would die happy on a beach there living in a shack. It’s gorgeous.

One of my GFs just sent her parents back. Her dad did well here and sold 3 properties and left her to run his business. They are such a warm and caring family. I’m always excited when I get invited to their family functions.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I would die happy on a beach there living in a shack. It’s gorgeous.

One of my GFs just sent her parents back. Her dad did well here and sold 3 properties and left her to run his business. They are such a warm and caring family. I’m always excited when I get invited to their family functions.

My best friend's family is from Costa Rica. He's first generation American. He says it rains A LOT.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Every country should strive to have this very holiday.