Dead at 43

H.C.Trouble

Factory Bastard
Sorry for your loss Lily.

I'm fully vaccinated but I'm skeptically that it is the magical answer to this crisis. As you can already tell there is too much hesitancy and even some procrastination regarding the shots and even more so when you factor in it's going to be on going with booster shots. There, no doubt, will be a drop off in vaccine participation as time passes.

Like your niece's uncle and many others - it takes a lot to get me to seek health care and I'm from a country where health care is totally free. A broken arm ... sure I'll go to a hospital immediately but a case of "not feeling well" I'm prone to try to wait it out and hope I get better in a few day. By the time I do decide to seek health treatment for not feeling well it may be too late to treat my ailment. If I did have to pay for health care I'm sure my miserly ass would die in bed with my boots on!

The treatment front, is not something I've delved into much but I'm hoping this is where the breakthrough occurs that finally eases this health crisis. If I could go to a pharmacy and get something like NeoCitran or Contact C and take that for a few days before going to seek treatment, I'd be happy.

I don't know anybody who has died of COVID yet but I do know a couple of long haulers and I wouldn't want their symptoms.

My condolences to you and those who's lives have been affected by your family members untimely passing.

OP
OP
Lily of Denial

Lily of Denial

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I'm fully vaccinated but I'm skeptically that it is the magical answer to this crisis. As you can already tell there is too much hesitancy and even some procrastination regarding the shots and even more so when you factor in it's going to be on going with booster shots. There, no doubt, will be a drop off in vaccine participation as time passes.

Like your niece's uncle and many others - it takes a lot to get me to seek health care and I'm from a country where health care is totally free. A broken arm ... sure I'll go to a hospital immediately but a case of "not feeling well" I'm prone to try to wait it out and hope I get better in a few day. By the time I do decide to seek health treatment for not feeling well it may be too late to treat my ailment. If I did have to pay for health care I'm sure my miserly ass would die in bed with my boots on!

The treatment front, is not something I've delved into much but I'm hoping this is where the breakthrough occurs that finally eases this health crisis. If I could go to a pharmacy and get something like NeoCitran or Contact C and take that for a few days before going to seek treatment, I'd be happy.

I don't know anybody who has died of COVID yet but I do know a couple of long haulers and I wouldn't want their symptoms.

My condolences to you and those who's lives have been affected by your family members untimely passing.

Thank you. I appreciate your kind words. This family isn't close to me, they are acquaintances that I have met over the years at family events. He is family of family, if you will, my nieces' uncle.

I'm not looking for sympathy, just hoping that if I share, someone that is on the fence, might choose to protect themselves. I realize not everyone believes they are at risk, and some may be right. It's that most of us don't know if it will be something we recover from or not.

He was the best member on their dad's side of the family. He was a better uncle to my nieces than their dad was a father to them. So, they are taking this with a lot of difficulty. As their aunt, I feel so badly for them, there's nothing anything I can do for them other then being supportive.

Those babies of his though, just 3 & 5...fuck.

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
My niece's uncle on the other side of her family.

Killer: Covid-19

Unvaccinated, not willing to social distance, went to a family birthday party a month ago. Apparently, a sick family member went to this gathering. He had a cough, went to Vegas and returned more sick. Was hospitalized 2-3 days later. He was very sick for a month, in a medically induced coma for the last two weeks, died last night.

His mother went to hospital to check in on him. Was told he'd passed during the night, she fainted on the spot. Poor thing.

He leaves behind his widow with a 3 year old and a 5 year old. My two nieces are devastated.

This isn't about politics, or numbers, but real people. An unnecessary and tragic loss to this family. May Mike RIP.

I am very sorry to hear this. Poor people. Poor daughters. Poor wife.