Do You Trust Foods Imported From Foreign Countries?

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
We have a pretty diverse community here but predominately North American and European I'm guessing. Living In Canada we get our fair share of food products from China, Thailand etc. My brother won't eat a damn thing from the Asian region because he believes we are being slowly poisoned. I disagree. I've never had any issues with food I've eaten from over there. Are any of you hesitant to eat food products from foreign countries and why?

@Master

I'm telling you in advance to fuck off for when you see this and call it a shitpost.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
When I drink beer I don't always drink a Local IPA, sometimes I'll have a Beck's by the 12 Pack!

bad3bc9479430c8b6a13b62c548eca9de24142cf.jpeg

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
We have a pretty diverse community here but predominately North American and European I'm guessing. Living In Canada we get our fair share of food products from China, Thailand etc. My brother won't eat a damn thing from the Asian region because he believes we are being slowly poisoned. I disagree. I've never had any issues with food I've eaten from over there. Are any of you hesitant to eat food products from foreign countries and why?

@Master

I'm telling you in advance to fuck off for when you see this and call it a shitpost.

I haven't had any issues with imported food. I think your brother might be a bit paranoid.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️

@Master

Yeah about being poisoned, reassure your brother that he doesn't need to go to Asia to be slowly poisoned, he's getting it right here at home.

The USDA peels or scrubs and washes produce samples before testing, whereas the FDA only removes dirt before testing its samples. Even after these steps, the tests still find traces 251* different pesticides.Mar 15, 2023

*That's just pesticides.

Scooter

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I don't eat seafood. Part of that is because I have an extreme shellfish allergy and I'm totally turned off by all of it. I'm aware of Country Of Origin (COO) labeling and I don't like what I see. Most of our frozen seafood comes from Asian countries. There is also the farm-raised issue. I don't know if it's bad or not but I'll stay away from it. As far as fish goes, most of it has to do with salmon, tilapia and catfish. People love their salmon! A lot of people buy tilapia because it doesn't have a fishy taste, the filets are uniform in size and it's easy to cook.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I don't eat seafood. Part of that is because I have an extreme shellfish allergy and I'm totally turned off by all of it. I'm aware of Country Of Origin (COO) labeling and I don't like what I see. Most of our frozen seafood comes from Asian countries. There is also the farm-raised issue. I don't know if it's bad or not but I'll stay away from it. As far as fish goes, most of it has to do with salmon, tilapia and catfish. People love their salmon! A lot of people buy tilapia because it doesn't have a fishy taste, the filets are uniform in size and it's easy to cook.

I don't eat farm raised fish. If you see how they are raised...it's just gross.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
They say China exports the good stuff and keeps the poisoned crap for themselves, but still, I stay away from anything made there or from Asia in general, to be honest.

Not a lot of stuff from China here though, except for garlic and frozen fish, maybe the occasional pasta in the imports section.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
They say China exports the good stuff and keeps the poisoned crap for themselves, but still, I stay away from anything made there or from Asia in general, to be honest.

Not a lot of stuff from China here though, except for garlic and frozen fish, maybe the occasional pasta in the imports section.
same here, frozen seafood and rice, dry goods
not too much food products

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I buy ramen noodles at a grocery store that are made in Thailand. They blow 'Mr. Noodles' out the damn water in every way and cost like only 75 cents or something.