Doing drugs with your kids

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Your idea of childhood is age appropriate and from a much different world. These kids are growing up with a natural AND a digital world.

Mine did (and do) a variety of everything. We spend a ton of time outside. We do projects like growing butterflies, making landscapes, painting, using rocks and leaves....going to the local parks (there are bigger ones here).

Then they also have screen time. Now there are more educational games and apps (Squish likes ABC mouse).

When I teach them about navigating the world, the digital world has to be included because it's a big part of life now.

I'm a gen xer so my childhood looks MUCH different than my children's (gen zs and a gen alpha) childhood. I was thrown out of the house and stayed out running the streets with a gang of other kids until the street lights came on.

Childhood is brief yes but it's a time when they are constantly learning and preparing for the next stages of their life. I'm not saying you do this but some people who say that "childhood is just a short time and I want them to be children" really infantize their kids and the kids end up kinda....spoiled, chronic babies who struggle to adjust.

My 7 year old is very much a 7 year old. But I let her cook and do chores. She scrambles her own eggs, makes sandwiches and bakes from scratch (all with super vision...I don't just let her have at the stove all by herself no matter how bad she wants me to). Some would say she's "growing too fast"....and I would disagree. 7 year olds are very smart, capable and competent when given the chance and when they wanna earn some respect they take it very seriously. They wanna be seen as "big kids"....and be able to retreat back to the safety of being the baby.

It's a great age to teach things like boundaries, consent, responsibilities. And it sticks.

I'm a Gen Xer too.

You know who doesn't give their kids screen time? The children of the people in Silicon Valley. They want your kids, my grandkids to be plugged in so they make money off of them.

They don't want it for their kids. The most exclusive school in Silicon Valley has no computers for kids, no tablets, etc.

They want their kids to be critical thinkers...and fuck everyone else's kids.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
When I think of narcotics… I think of meth/crack/heroin. The life altering drugs that people rarely make it back from.
That is changing. Opiate addiction is a widespread health crisis that impacts all kinds of people.

Anyone is one medical crisis away from a narcotic drug addiction.

Now that more and more people get addicted, it's becoming less stigmatized and as such people are more likely to seek help and support rather than giving up and giving in or staying hooked for years and hiding it.

More and more people are becoming willing to openly discuss it, without caring about other people's ignorant comments or people in their lives who treat them like chronic cancer patients or like they are made out of glass. Or use it to control and manipulate.

Similar to how anytime I had a mood swing or bad day or did something you disagree with, you go right for the drug addiction and start assuming I'm "spiraling" or "back on drugs". It's quite emotionally abusive to use a person's prior mental health struggles as a weapon like that, and I'm glad in my 3 solid years of recovery work with a trained therapist and 5 years of CBT i was well prepared to deal with that properly.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I'm a Gen Xer too.

You know who doesn't give their kids screen time? The children of the people in Silicon Valley. They want your kids, my grandkids to be plugged in so they make money off of them.

They don't want it for their kids. The most exclusive school in Silicon Valley has no computers for kids, no tablets, etc.

They want their kids to be critical thinkers...and fuck everyone else's kids.

No one should be allowing their kids to sit in front of screens all day.

But if you dont let them have it at ALL....they WILL over do it later when you no longer call the shots.

My big girls are VERY good about managing the time they spend scrolling or on their phones. They are used to moderation and know why.

Good habits taught young will stay with them.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
That is changing. Opiate addiction is a widespread health crisis that impacts all kinds of people.

Anyone is one medical crisis away from a narcotic drug addiction.

Now that more and more people get addicted, it's becoming less stigmatized and as such people are more likely to seek help and support rather than giving up and giving in or staying hooked for years and hiding it.

More and more people are becoming willing to openly discuss it, without caring about other people's ignorant comments or people in their lives who treat them like chronic cancer patients or like they are made out of glass. Or use it to control and manipulate.

Similar to how anytime I had a mood swing or bad day or did something you disagree with, you go right for the drug addiction and start assuming I'm "spiraling" or "back on drugs". It's quite emotionally abusive to use a person's prior mental health struggles as a weapon like that, and I'm glad in my 3 solid years of recovery work with a trained therapist and 5 years of CBT i was well prepared to deal with that properly.

Please stop lumping me into your active addiction grievances and attempts to normalize that disfunction.

BrothaSwilf

Factory Bastard
Mine never watched T.V. until they were 10. One T.V. and it was mine and missus. FORBIDDEN to the rugrats. At 10 if I wasn't home I told the missus and she agreed they could watch T.V. until I came in the door. If they didn't I had get out the leather belt after a few shots of whiskey and hit the missus. They fucked up a few times and that pussy was whipped up good. They didn't wanna watch T.V. again until the oldest was 13. Mine grew up well adjusted and without malfunctions like @Alticus and his ilk on this nefarious forums. Rambunctious hooligans!!

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Mine never watched T.V. until they were 10. One T.V. and it was mine and missus. FORBIDDEN to the rugrats. At 10 if I wasn't home I told the missus and she agreed they could watch T.V. until I came in the door. If they didn't I had get out the leather belt after a few shots of whiskey and hit the missus. They fucked up a few times and that pussy was whipped up good. They didn't wanna watch T.V. again until the oldest was 13. Mine grew up well adjusted and without malfunctions like @Alticus and his ilk on this nefarious forums. Rambunctious hooligans!!
You're a true family man. A modeled father and disciplinarian. :)

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
My statement to SeaMajor was geared towards recreational drug use… not people consumed by addiction.

It’s my experience that an addict is the most manipulative when they are using. The lies, deceit, justifications, explanations and excuses are mentally and emotionally exhausting when you’re dealing with an addict.

Even IF an addict realizes the damage they have caused to the relationship, the overwhelming urge to get high will take hold and the manipulation, lies, and drug abuse continues.

If a rehabilitated addict is showing signs of relapse and weaponizes their claims of sobriety to combat the concern…

Then it is my experience the relationship too toxic to be salvaged.