Electric Cars

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
They are still being improved and developed 190 years later.
I'd say their future is bright as a 100 watt bulb.

Did you not understand the primary message in the above statement?

Watch of Peter Zeihan because very little of the Earth gets a pay back on solar

You are a not very intelligent utopian thinker who thinks he can hand wave away the details. Hint: You can't and outside of the 1st world (and even there they will have great difficulty) it will not work. BTW most emissions globally are mo longer happening in the 1st world.
Do you know why?

. It's the same reason that has been the trend for the last 50+ years.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

If Germany can't swing this what hope do 3rd world countries have? Germany needs to restart every nuclear plant the Greens stupidly shut down and then build three times as many. France can help them. Even then electricity cannot replace the industri uses for natural gas or oil. The Eu can't even make nitrogen based fertilizer right now. It doesn't have the raw materials and Russian propaganda has helped push those fools into this "green" position of weakness even though in 2000 they didn't need any Russian energy imports.

It has all been self sabotage by idiot greens.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
BTW the rate of innovation is going to slow down rapidly. Why? Because demographics are collapsing in most countries, populations are declining, and capital is going to get scarce as baby boomers world wide retire and stop working. So we will have fewer highly educated productive people, less available investment capital, and higher debt loads hitting national and corporate budgets.

Combine that with less globalism and less trade and you have less wealth creation. A few regions will do well as they are bless geographically and by demographic circumstances but most really will look more like high inflation low productivity 1970's countries. Russia and China? They are truly fucked and likely will not survive as states. Conquered people tend to rebel when they can out power their conquerors.

Last edited:

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

If Germany can't swing this what hope do 3rd world countries have? Germany needs to restart every nuclear plant the Greens stupidly shut down and then build three times as many. France can help them. Even then electricity cannot replace the industri uses for natural gas or oil. The Eu can't even make nitrogen based fertilizer right now. It doesn't have the raw materials and Russian propaganda has helped push those fools into this "green" position of weakness even though in 2000 they didn't need any Russian energy imports.

It has all been self sabotage by idiot greens.
Germany is looking at Coal, because Russia has decided it doesn't want to partner with the rest of the globe.

The Scoundrel

Total Twat
Probably whilst fuel cells and solar and wind etc are being developed we will figure out how to make a safe Hydrogen engine working on H2O. All these things will come to pass given time. They're not pie in the sky impossibilities just scientific problems awaiting a solution. If you know the actual result you need to achieve and have a viable starting point then you will suceed in solving the problem. Fuel cells are the biggest challenge at the moment. If we had economic fuel cells we could just run nuclear power until safer methods become viable. See. I've solved the energy crisis.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I believe I mentioned butler power earlier. It is indeed what everyone should be building.

Fashionista

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I recently traded in my old car for a new one, but it's not an electric car..

I don't think an electric car is right for our climate..

We would've considered a hybrid.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The Volvo XC90 plug in hybrid does look very nice but who wants to buy a car from a company that is openly saying they are going to get out of the gas powered car business? Why buy an $80,000 car which you won't be able to get parts for?

Personally, I want to buy from a brand that has a big over season sales network so even if the US or EU stupidly outlaw ICE vehicles at least I can still get parts from overseas.

DDT

Factory Bastard
When I owned a newer condo in the city, it wasn't set up for EV charging. They still don't build them with EV charging. So all of the apartments/condos/towers would have to retrofitted for that. Can the grid even handle all that extra load in densely populated areas?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
In many cases, no, the grid would need to be majorly reconfigured and we would need 4-5 times as much electric power generation. No, wind and solar won't cut it so nuclear will need to be the base for everything. Sadly, the eco-weenies also hate nuclear power so in reality we'd all have to live like a Sub-Saharan African villager for their dreams to become true.

Fuck that.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This video contains talk about the supply chains for electric vehicles and batteries. Those are immensely more complex and environmentally more damaging than traditional gasoline powered cars. No, most of the world is not going to make the leap. It is just financially and economically impossible.

BadBrad

Ignore features are for bitches.
☠️
I saw a photo of a standard fossil fuel burning truck, pulling a diesel generator, that was powering an electric car that had run out of energy due to a cloudy day and low tier batteries.

I have also heard the 'carbon footprint' of the batteries in Tesla's to be worse than if you drove for the 4-5 years in a fossil fuel burning vehicle during the same time period.

Not sure if this is just the ghost of rush limbaugh manifesting in the world but I'm pretty sure that the Eco-Policies of Joe Biden are at least partially the resulting high gas prices in America.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I saw a photo of a standard fossil fuel burning truck, pulling a diesel generator, that was powering an electric car that had run out of energy due to a cloudy day and low tier batteries.

I have also heard the 'carbon footprint' of the batteries in Tesla's to be worse than if you drove for the 4-5 years in a fossil fuel burning vehicle during the same time period.

Not sure if this is just the ghost of rush limbaugh manifesting in the world but I'm pretty sure that the Eco-Policies of Joe Biden are at least partially the resulting high gas prices in America.

I think Joe Biden is a tool, okay? But I don't know how you blame him for "high" gas prices. We pay 8 bucks a gallon here and I don't believe Biden has fuckall to do with it. I don't think the Portuguese PM does either.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Biden has certainly restricted US production and the decision to sanction Russian oil and gas has hugely made the global shortage worse. Biden killing the mostly completed pipeline from Canada also makes it much more costly, difficult, and environmentally damaging to transport Canadian oil too.

Biden could improve prices by 1) Lifting his off shore drilling ban. 2) Lifting the ban on drilling on federal lands. 3) Allow for the reopening of the five refineries he shut down. 4) Stop blocking regular usage pipeline construction so oil can be economically moved from new fields to refineries. 5) Restore Trump era regulars instead of the crap regulations he has put in place to strangle new fields. 6) Stop promoting WEF inspire ESG rules which intensionally try to block financing for energy projects. 7) Suspend enforcement of the Jones Act to allow foreign owned ships to ease transport bottlenecks.

There is one last possiblity though I am not sure it is a good idea. He could invoke the Obama era law signed in 2015 which allows the president to ban crude oil exports. This would fuck our allies over though it would instantly drop gas and diesel prices in the US.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
BTW the Russian sanctions also mean 60% of global nickel production is no longer available outside Russia. Same goes from 40% of Cobalt and half of platnium. Also many gases needed for microchip production.

Those shortages are going to hit battery production and electric motor production hard as well as raise prices. Remember my previous post about electric vehicles have vastly more complex supply chains? This is that in action.