First Taco Bell I've had since 1993....

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
They're springing up in Australia and the quality, range, and service is even worse than American Taco Bell's....

And where the fuck do the thick cut fries dusted with some tasteless paprika colouring even come from?

If you're going to offer papas fritas, offer a roast pollo to go with it.... and some fucking good quality thick whole egg mayonesa.

Don't throw them into the sack with equally tasteless cinnamon Prawn cracker like nothings, a refried turd burrito, and the world's smallest Tex mex Old El Paso Kit inspired taco.

Don't know why I even bothered.... suppose the nostalgia.... and I was aiming for the carton of soft shells.... which they didn't offer. In fact, nothing on their menu I recognised.

Sat in the drive thru for 15 minutes. Me and two cars only.... lulz

DDT

Factory Bastard
They don't really exist here, since not enough customers outside of large cities.

Tex-Mex is almost impossible to find here.

The 1,000,000 East Indians we import every year do not eat beef, since it's a sacred animal for them... Those East Indians run every fast food restaurant...

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It isn't great but the late night drive through makes it occasionally acceptable.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Never had Taco Bell.

We've got a number of worthy (although not always cheap) taquerias in town.

There are also a couple of taco trucks that are worth the detour.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
They're springing up in Australia and the quality, range, and service is even worse than American Taco Bell's....

And where the fuck do the thick cut fries dusted with some tasteless paprika colouring even come from?

If you're going to offer papas fritas, offer a roast pollo to go with it.... and some fucking good quality thick whole egg mayonesa.

Don't throw them into the sack with equally tasteless cinnamon Prawn cracker like nothings, a refried turd burrito, and the world's smallest Tex mex Old El Paso Kit inspired taco.

Don't know why I even bothered.... suppose the nostalgia.... and I was aiming for the carton of soft shells.... which they didn't offer. In fact, nothing on their menu I recognised.

Sat in the drive thru for 15 minutes. Me and two cars only.... lulz

Best to ignore the place DD. Any chance you can use your unused Bitcoin there?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Never had Taco Bell.

We've got a number of worthy (although not always cheap) taquerias in town.

There are also a couple of taco trucks that are worth the detour.
I live in a town filled with great Mexican food. I am saying the inauthentic nature of Taco Bell is occasionally ok even a nice little change. There is a reason Taco Bell survives in Mexico. People like a change once in a while.

Last edited:

fromHELL

Banned
Banned
been three times in my whole life. last time was almost 20 years ago for one of my brothers birthdays. he loved that shit. fucking idiot that he was. fucking rip off city it should be called.

OP
OP
Frood

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
been three times in my whole life. last time was almost 20 years ago for one of my brothers birthdays. he loved that shit. fucking idiot that he was. fucking rip off city it should be called.

Yeah, same here. Overpriced nastiness.

My home-made Tex-Mex is much better and more traditional. Aussies struggle with Tex Mex dishes. Shouldn't have been surprised about Taco Smell.

fromHELL

Banned
Banned
Yeah, same here. Overpriced nastiness.

My home-made Tex-Mex is much better and more traditional. Aussies struggle with Tex Mex dishes. Shouldn't have been surprised about Taco Smell.
The size of the tacos too. Like I'd need at least 10 of them to get remotely filled up on. Than within a couple of hours I'd be hungry all over again. Hunger madness. WE WANT REAL FOOD!! as Burt Lancaster would put it in the movie Tough Guys

OP
OP
Frood

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
The size of the tacos too. Like I'd need at least 10 of them to get remotely filled up on. Than within a couple of hours I'd be hungry all over again. Hunger madness. WE WANT REAL FOOD!! as Burt Lancaster would put it in the movie Tough Guys

Nothing on the drive thru board menu resembled anything I've ever encountered before and I've spent years in Latin America... ended up just randomly picking something which turned out to be a box with a tiny burrito, half filled with rice, an even smaller hard shelled taco with nothing in it, hot chips/fries which were soggier than KFC'S worst, and some feather light fried dessert things which were tasteless and resembled pygmy Asian Prawn Crackers.

I will never ever get food from Taco Smell again.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is just a burrito covered in enchilada sauce and melted cheese but I think I want one.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
They don't really exist here, since not enough customers outside of large cities.

Tex-Mex is almost impossible to find here.

The 1,000,000 East Indians we import every year do not eat beef, since it's a sacred animal for them... Those East Indians run every fast food restaurant...
So, you think of Taco Bell as Tex Mex? Interesting.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The boys wanted to go to Chipotle for lunch today. I had forgotten how much I disliked Chipotle. 90% rice and beans but they want to charge you $12 for a burrito.

OP
OP
Frood

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
The boys wanted to go to Chipotle for lunch today. I had forgotten how much I disliked Chipotle. 90% rice and beans but they want to charge you $12 for a burrito.

They do that at all the Mexican themed joints around here and most people know no better.

I make a scene if it's just rice and beans, things that have no place in an item, only on the side.

Australian restaurant owners are stupid motherfuckers.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
They do that at all the Mexican themed joints around here and most people know no better.

I make a scene if it's just rice and beans, things that have no place in an item, only on the side.

Australian restaurant owners are stupid motherfuckers.

Those are called "Mission burritos" here because those abominations were invented in the Mission District of San Francisco and there is nothing Mexican about them. Authentic burritos are only found in northern Mexico and they honestly aren't that great because it was designed to be easily portable food for poor people working in mines or fields.

I much prefer San Diego style burritos, which are smaller, but when you order a carne asada burrito it will be 60%-70% what you ordered (namely carne asada) and the rest is just to accent the flavors of the beef. That is truth in advertising where as with a mission burrito it is only 10% what you ordered and 90% cheap junk filler.

Here is a video of what a San Diego style burritos is. You can see how it is packed with meat.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Roberto's Taco Shop is the original San Diego style taco shop which opened in the late 1950's and is still owned by the same family. Over the years people who worked at Roberto's would go off and start their own taco shops with virtually the same menu and they would all have a "berto's" at the end of their name. Alberto's, Roberto's, Gilberto's, Hilberto's, Filberto's, etc... It is kind of a joke because locals will way things like:

1: What to get a burrito?
2: Where?
1: Which ever -berto's you want.

I have noticed for the last 20 years they haven't been expanding in California but have all been opening up shops in Las Vegas. Seriously, tons of San Diego based restaurants all have opened locations in Vegas now.

Even Guy Fieiri thinks the best burrito in Vegas is actually a chain from San Diego serving San Diego style burritos.

Admin.

I aim to be smugly pedantic, or vice verse.
Site Supporter ☠️
Roberto's Taco Shop is the original San Diego style taco shop which opened in the late 1950's and is still owned by the same family. Over the years people who worked at Roberto's would go off and start their own taco shops with virtually the same menu and they would all have a "berto's" at the end of their name. Alberto's, Roberto's, Gilberto's, Hilberto's, Filberto's, etc... It is kind of a joke because locals will way things like:

1: What to get a burrito?
2: Where?
1: Which ever -berto's you want.

I have noticed for the last 20 years they haven't been expanding in California but have all been opening up shops in Las Vegas. Seriously, tons of San Diego based restaurants all have opened locations in Vegas now.

Even Guy Fieiri thinks the best burrito in Vegas is actually a chain from San Diego serving San Diego style burritos.

Vegas now has 3 Major League Sports Franchises, their NHL Team won the first game of the NHL Finals last night.