Football Legend Diego Marradona Dies Age 60!

Jake

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Too much coke probably

I started to say "Never heard of him." But then I realized you were talking about some other game, one that in the glorious nation that hosts this forum is called by a different name.

So instead, I'll just say that nobody here gives the slightest fuk about poor Diego except for maybe a couple of other Outlanders.

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned
He died at 60, because he was a heavy drinker and drug abuser.

Jake

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You thought he was a gridiron player?
Yes, what we call "football" in Yankeeland is a different sport altogether. We call the other game "soccer" to keep a distinction. We have only taken soccer seriously in this country for maybe forty years, whereas we invented football over a hundred thirty years ago.

In fact, the college I went to has a football rivalry dating back to 1890, with a neighboring school a half hour distant, the oldest football rivalry west of the Allegheny Mountains. The two teams have met every single year since about 1910. I still get together once a year with some fellow alums to watch the game on CCTV from a couple of states away.

Q

Dictator of the Bastard Factory
Banned
Yes, what we call "football" in Yankeeland is a different sport altogether. We call the other game "soccer" to keep a distinction. We have only taken soccer seriously in this country for maybe forty years, whereas we invented football over a hundred thirty years ago.

In fact, the college I went to has a football rivalry dating back to 1890, with a neighboring school a half hour distant, the oldest football rivalry west of the Allegheny Mountains. The two teams have met every single year since about 1910. I still get together once a year with some fellow alums to watch the game on CCTV from a couple of states away.
That's typical American. In Europe soccer is played a lot and "American Football" is not played that much. I think we can even say that soccer is the biggest sport in Europe. Very interesting how it is commercialized, the same is done with sports in the USA.

OP
OP
SHAMPAIN

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️

I was being sarcastic... I can't be bothered going into a debate about football which we invented (Scots) well before the imposter sport in America which btw the way doesn't involve much foot to ball... lol More like a rip off of rugby...

Jake

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I was being sarcastic... I can't be bothered going into a debate about football which we invented (Scots) well before the imposter sport in America which btw the way doesn't involve much foot to ball... lol More like a rip off of rugby...

I was being sarcastic as well. Actually American football is a LOT "like a ripoff of rugby." And often not as much fun to watch OR to play.

Just don't quote me, mmkay?

OP
OP
SHAMPAIN

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Too much coke probably

I started to say "Never heard of him." But then I realized you were talking about some other game, one that in the glorious nation that hosts this forum is called by a different name.

So instead, I'll just say that nobody here gives the slightest fuk about poor Diego except for maybe a couple of other Outlanders.

I was being sarcastic as well. Actually American football is a LOT "like a ripoff of rugby." And often not as much fun to watch OR to play.

Just don't quote me, mmkay?
:rightON: Ok

Jake

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Maradona had "at least" eight children.an

Small potatoes. Aston "Family Man" Barrett, Bob Marley's bass man in the Wailers, is now pushing 75 and has fathered somewhere between 41 and 54 children (depending on who's counting.)