Fucking rats.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Cleaned out much of the garage yesterday and set five rat traps baited with peanut butter. I checked the traps this morning and they were all empty and not set off. Maybe I put the traps in the wrong spot or maybe this rat is a smart one.

I parked my car in the driveway last night because I didn't want the rat to come back and chew more shit up.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
[QUOTE="Oerdin,

What if they crawl in to a wall or hide away some where and then you smell decomposing rat?
[/QUOTE]

They love your attic!

Use D-CON,they eat it and die and dry up with no smell - - - - -

20190719-165309.jpg

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
One rat is dead. The first day we caught nothing but this morning there was one dead rat. I hope it was the only one in the garage but I will leave the traps out a while longer to see if we catch more. I know they are outside too because I have seen them before plus I found a half eaten green mandrine about ten feet away from our mandrine tree.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
One rat is dead. The first day we caught nothing but this morning there was one dead rat. I hope it was the only one in the garage but I will leave the traps out a while longer to see if we catch more. I know they are outside too because I have seen them before plus I found a half eaten green mandrine about ten feet away from our mandrine tree.

Have you looked to see if you have holes that the rats are using to get in? You might have to repair those as well.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I walk around outside and didn't see anything. I will need to look inside as well. The problem is I have big metal shelves going around the edge of the garage inside so I can store all my car parts, tools, and just stuff.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I walk around outside and didn't see anything. I will need to look inside as well. The problem is I have big metal shelves going around the edge of the garage inside so I can store all my car parts, tools, and just stuff.

Probably how they get in. Good luck getting rid of them, it's costly to have to pay for car repairs.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
From the title I thought this thread was going to be about obese San Franciscan women...

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
8:30pm and no new rats trapped. Maybe it really was just one rat. Or, then again, maybe the remaining ones are just smart.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
A week of trapping in the garage and all I caught was one little rat. I am being to think that was the sole rat which made it into the garage. I inspected all the walls and found no holes or other entry ways so it must have gotten in when one of the doors were left open.

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter

We had to seal our garage door. Not seal it shut, but put rubber weather stripping.They were coming in from the alley. That and the black boxes put an end to it.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So far just one apparently young rat. A whole week of five traps has resulted in just one dead rat. I will continue on but it is staring to looked like there are no more rats.

The eldest used money from his dad, who, as a father, never even acknowledged or cared for the youngest, to buy two Costco pepperi pizzas for he and his brother. I liked that. How else he look out for his youngest brother even if his own father does not? It is just nice to see.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I'd like to say both boys have more food than they know what to do with. It is still nice the eldest wants to help his younger brother.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
heres one from last yr, it was so big i threw down a bill 2 document it
TdABimo.png

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
So far just one apparently young rat. A whole week of five traps has resulted in just one dead rat. I will continue on but it is staring to looked like there are no more rats.

The eldest used money from his dad, who, as a father, never even acknowledged or cared for the youngest, to buy two Costco pepperi pizzas for he and his brother. I liked that. How else he look out for his youngest brother even if his own father does not? It is just nice to see.

Do you have trail cameras? I have some excellent footage of mice outsmarting mice traps in my basement a few years ago.

DDT

Factory Bastard
Some mice and rats can outsmart snap traps, as I have experienced. A combo of poison can deal with this, as well as a live trap cage. A live trap cage was needed to deal with the last unwanted visitor. You may have to modify it (as I did with mine), so it has a hair trigger. Almonds work well as bait.

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Some mice and rats can outsmart snap traps, as I have experienced. A combo of poison can deal with this, as well as a live trap cage. A live trap cage was needed to deal with the last unwanted visitor. You may have to modify it (as I did with mine), so it has a hair trigger. Almonds work well as bait.

or u can get two kittens

not fancy pricey ones from the pet store, i mean a pair of angry feral bastards. they will grow 2 kill n eat anything smaller than them

TheHaze

Site Supporter
[QUOTE="Oerdin,

Do those really work? I thought they were one of those gimmicks they sold on TV back in late 90's. Used to see a bunch of people saying they didn't work.
[/QUOTE]

No, they do not.
[/QUOTE]

Didn't work for me so made my own - - - - - -
Got a 5 gal bucket and put a 2 inch wide x 18 inch stick across the top and 2 wire's i/2 inch apart and collected to a MSD 40.000 volt coil and water in the bucket and some peanut butter between the wire's and when the rat get's to close - ZAP and the rat falls in the bucked -

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Didn't work for me so made my own - - - - - -
Got a 5 gal bucket and put a 2 inch wide x 18 inch stick across the top and 2 wire's i/2 inch apart and collected to a MSD 40.000 volt coil and water in the bucket and some peanut butter between the wire's and when the rat get's to close - ZAP and the rat falls in the bucked -

I know traps work for small infestations, but I never really trusted these ultrasonic dealios

Maybe the technology has improved today and some might work, dunno

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Cats aren't reliable rat killers. Poison and mechanical devices are!
they work as a team and kill rats, then the babies

When I was a kid at the family's farm, I remember the cats scratching places where they could smell rats

I remember one time, there was this kind of huge metal drum from an old coffee drier that sat on the ground against an embankment, with a bunch of other metal parts like gears and axles around, perfect places for 9 year olds to be playing

The cats were always surrounding them and one day, someone tied that old drum on the truck's bed and pulled it a little to open an space behind it and a bunch of rats started running around and the cats didn't care about the ones running, only the babies

It was a feast for them LOL

TheHaze

Site Supporter
heres one from last yr, it was so big i threw down a bill 2 document it
TdABimo.png
That looks like a San Francisco wharf rat size except the color is grey with red eye's and will take on a cat - - - - -

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Today I found one trap set off but no rat in it. It could have gone off on its own, they are on a hair trigger, but I will leave them for three more days just in case. My brother in law and his husband *they are gay) will be stay over night here and tomorrow (Xmas eve) my sister in law and my mother in law are planning a big family get to there. Xmas day we will be having a small get together with my mother in law, my brother in law and his husband, along with my family.

I hope everyone enjoys theor Christmas.