Fuckwit who murdered woman for driving down his driveway mistakenly

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I hope this sentence sets an example for any of those other extreme paranoiac gun fondlers out there who think they can kill at willl.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I hope this sentence sets an example for any of those other extreme paranoiac gun fondlers out there who think they can kill at willl.

Imagine living in the headspace where a car frightens the hell out of you. In prison, he'll learn just how stupid he was. Now, he has a lot of violence to fear.

I don't think the average ammosexual will learn a damn thing from this guy's sentence though. If they were capable of learning, they wouldn't live in fear to begin with.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
USA has sure become a scary place.

These incidents were comparatively rare 50 years ago.

Now they've become common place.

NRA wanted to put a gun in every American's hands and they got their wish.

Now we're seeing the results of this madness.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
USA has sure become a scary place.

These incidents were comparatively rare 50 years ago.

Now they've become common place.

NRA wanted to put a gun in every American's hands and they got their wish.

Now we're seeing the results of this madness.

They're more common, but still rare Joe. There are one handful of stories about people being shot at, by homeowners, for showing up at the wrong house.

What's more common are the mass shootings while people are doing regular activities, shopping, going to an entertainment venue, school, etc.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
They're more common, but still rare Joe. There are one handful of stories about people being shot at, by homeowners, for showing up at the wrong house.

What's more common are the mass shootings while people are doing regular activities, shopping, going to an entertainment venue, school, etc.

As an American living in the United States, does that possibility come across your mind when you are shopping or just going somewhere for a public event?

I wonder how these incidents have affected Americans and their sense of their own security and safety.

Have many people started to avoid what they once took for granted?

I imagine one reason Amazon has become so big in the states is that many people would prefer to have goods delivered to their front door than risk their lives at a shopping center.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
As long as we keep treating these tragedies as a never-ending series of individual unrelated incidents instead of addressing the fundamental problem of 'Murica being ON PURPOSE a violent, warlike, paranoid society we'll never stop seeing these stories.

The rot is wide and deep and unless it's burned out at the root it's going to continue growing and poisoning everything/everyone it touches.

Then again it may already be too late and all we can do is let it run its course and hope there's enough left after the collapse on which to build something better.

'Muricans have for so long been so conditioned to xenophobia, narcissism, and greed that now they actually love being exploited and lied to. They're addicted to it and have convinced themselves that it's not only normal but a superior way of life.

Fix *that* and most of our problems would just sort themselves out with a little time.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
As long as we keep treating these tragedies as a never-ending series of individual unrelated incidents instead of addressing the fundamental problem of 'Murica being ON PURPOSE a violent, warlike, paranoid society we'll never stop seeing these stories.

The rot is wide and deep and unless it's burned out at the root it's going to continue growing and poisoning everything/everyone it touches.

Then again it may already be too late and all we can do is let it run its course and hope there's enough left after the collapse on which to build something better.

'Muricans have for so long been so conditioned to xenophobia, narcissism, and greed that now they actually love being exploited and lied to. They're addicted to it and have convinced themselves that it's not only normal but a superior way of life.

Fix *that* and most of our problems would just sort themselves out with a little time.

Actually that wasn't the America I knew 50 or even 30 years ago.

It's changed, man.

Everybody I met for the most part, Black, Latino, Asian or White used to be so friendly.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Imagine living in the headspace where a car frightens the hell out of you. In prison, he'll learn just how stupid he was. Now, he has a lot of violence to fear.

I don't think the average ammosexual will learn a damn thing from this guy's sentence though. If they were capable of learning, they wouldn't live in fear to begin with.
It's just incredible that people live like that. Just pathetic and horrifying.

I hope some of them just fear a life sentence more than they fear the damn car in their driveway or the teenager on their damn lawn.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
As an American living in the United States, does that possibility come across your mind when you are shopping or just going somewhere for a public event?

I wonder how these incidents have affected Americans and their sense of their own security and safety.

I imagine one reason Amazon has become so big in the states is that many people would prefer to have goods delivered to their front door than risk their lives at a shopping center.
I didn't realize that the possibility was always in the back of my mind until I moved to Portugal and suddenly realized I no longer had any of that unconscious fear of mass shootings. I worried about my kids when they were in school and I worried about myself and my students when I was teaching, and I worried just being in public places. Suddenly, now, gone! But I still worry about my loved ones in the US.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I didn't realize that the possibility was always in the back of my mind until I moved to Portugal and suddenly realized I no longer had any of that unconscious fear of mass shootings. I worried about my kids when they were in school and I worried about myself and my students when I was teaching, and I worried just being in public places. Suddenly, now, gone! But I still worry about my loved ones in the US.

Recently, I heard the American tourist outside a Vancouver hotel say, "I love this city."

Now I admit, Vancouver has it share of drug & social problems, homelessness and crime. But for the most part it's still safe to walk through the downtown streets without fear of getting shot to death or mugged.

Maybe that's what she liked about Vancouver.

People here are more likely to die at their own hand by suicide that get murdered here. And there seem to be a lot of suicides here.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Living directly above a neighbor as maniacal and overbearing as the USA must be very stressful.
Nope. It isn't America's fault.

None at all. A lot of the drug problem and homelessness is because fo our local politicians. We have enough money to fix 6 measly blocks on the Downtown Eastside of Vancouver but they never can fix it. Actually one of the people who tried to fix it was a transplanted American named Jim Green who was originally from South Carolina. He helped to fix up the Gastown area which was pretty run down.

If anything, the Americans who come, be they Red MAGA hat Republicans or Blue Democrats add a lot of highly desired tourist dollars to our local economy which our local governments should take advantage of and use more wisely. Mainly to fix our problems.

I think a lot of the crime that enters Vancouver either comes from the drug cartels in Latin America or organized crime in Asia.

It's actually the American law enforcement authorities such as the FBI who cooperate with our local police to track and hunt them down.

Last edited:

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I know that it's possible. However, I don't live in fear. I have little control about the hundreds of millions of weapons that are already in this country and those that own them. It's insane. I would like a new assault weapon ban, those guns aren't used for hunting and reasonable measures could be accepted by most Americans. I think with the demise of the NRA, there will be some room for movement on gun legislation.

I think people buy from Amazon and other online retailers because the stores don't carry some of what they want. I experience that constantly.