Gardening

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I have this nice little maple seedling growing at the moment. So cool!

lg6UleO.jpg
That’s gorgeous, mine only cracked a couple of days ago lol, should grow fast though I hope..
I water her with pond filter detritus.
I normally just use mineral water..

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

lg6UleO.jpg
That’s gorgeous, mine only cracked a couple of days ago lol, should grow fast though I hope..
Use your morning pee and liquid fertilise it that way. You get to be naughty and versatile at the same time. Plus I can envision you peeing on my account. It’s a win/win!
:ThumbsUp3:

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

lg6UleO.jpg
Use your morning pee and liquid fertilise it that way. You get to be naughty and versatile at the same time. Plus I can envision you peeing on my account. It’s a win/win!
Wtf I’m not pissing in my plant pots lol...

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

lg6UleO.jpg
First morning piss in a container, then use a general 10:1 ratio with water direct onto the soil or a 20:1 ratio as a foliar spray. Trust me, you’ll never need to buy fertiliser again!
:Grin3:

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

lg6UleO.jpg
First morning piss in a container, then use a general 10:1 ratio with water direct onto the soil or a 20:1 ratio as a foliar spray. Trust me, you’ll never need to buy fertiliser again!
But it may not work cos your piss is full of rum, would tea and weed do the same ?

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

lg6UleO.jpg
But it may not work cos your piss is full of rum, would tea and weed do the same ?
Lol...not sure about tea as it’s essentially just dried camellia leaves and the breaking-down process actually draws nitrogen from the soil before it gives back, but coffee grains are supposed to have a lot of beneficial nutrients that can be accessed immediately. Pee is best as it has a lot of additional trace elements as well as the primary ammonia and nitrogen.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

lg6UleO.jpg
Lol...not sure about tea as it’s essentially just dried camellia leaves and the breaking-down process actually draws nitrogen from the soil before it gives back, but coffee grains are supposed to have a lot of beneficial nutrients that can be accessed immediately. Pee is best as it has a lot of additional trace elements as well as the primary ammonia and nitrogen.
Ok but if your having me on I will get you back lmfao...

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

lg6UleO.jpg
Ok but if your having me on I will get you back lmfao...
I have an Associate Diploma in Applied Science Horticulture...I shit you not!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It pretty much is other than fruits like apples or pears which need a cold snap to fully ripen and get crisp. Even then there are mountains in the county where even those fruits can grow well.

The biggest problems I had in the past was pests (I was trying to do organic and chemical free with that garden) while the tomatoes had the bad habit of splitting on the side due to hydraulic water pressure. Basically, I'd water the potted tomatoes one every 2-3 days and the difference between the relatively dry planter by day 3 since the previous watering and the newly wetted planted on a watering day caused the tomato plant to suck up all the water it could resulting in the fruit splitting open on the side.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I always enjoyed having fruit trees and a bit of a vegetable garden. It is nice planting varieties which aren't commonly found in stores plus stuff like artichokes can cost $5 each in stores where as if you plant a bush or two then you get dozens for the cost of water and some mulch. I kind of have the same attitude about fishing; it is fun, I get outside in the fresh air, and as a bonus if I catch some free fish or shellfish then that is a nice bonus. Four good sized lobsters can cost $100 easily but for the cost of a permit and $30 worth of gear you can trap up to 10 lobsters per day.

Now, I don't go out nearly that often nor am I that lucky but one or two lobsters and you are at or over the break even point on costs. Anything else is just gravy. Years ago we used to go out to Santa Catalina Island on my uncle's boat, we'd dig claims on the shore, plant some lobster traps, then do some fishing while we waited for the traps to soak. Every hour or so you spend a bit of time checking your traps then go back to fishing. At the end of the day we'd ankor in one of the coves, set up camp on the beach, and then have a claim/seafood bake.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I saw some "organic" seeds at the nursery out here and it kinda surprised me. What makes those seeds more organic than the other seeds? I could google it I guess.

I just assumed all seeds were organic.

Maybe its seeds taken from plants grown from organic farming?

Some seeds are coated with chemical fertilizers to give the newly sprouted seed a boost. Maybe that is what they were referring to? I really don't know but I suspect companies just print mea ingress but nice sounding buzz words on packages sometimes to make the product sound more appealing then it really is.

OP
OP
Seamajor

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It’s been really warm here which is the norm, this time of year. It takes 1.5 hours, and many gallons of water to keep it wet. I water half it it by hand. It’s like visiting all my friends at dusk. I have a music play list, that maps out who gets it first. A rather enjoyable part of my day.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Well, so far none of the seeds I have planted in egg containers show any sign of sprouting but it has only been a week so far. I have been watering them once per day.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I took a few snaps of meh Broms’...still winterised but will colour up even more nicely after I fertilise when it starts warming up mid-Spring..

PArlWiL.jpg

IusQJvw.jpg

eRkXeTU.jpg

unxXL9G.jpg

iklYXFq.jpg

riq4myL.jpg

Last edited: