Good Cop/Bad Cop

OP
OP
knife wielder

knife wielder

Factory Bastard
I can't speak to "how many" cops are bad cops -- I don't have the stats in front of me and, frankly, can't be arsed to get them.

But I will point this out: If you were a sociopath with criminal inclinations, what better cover could you possibly want than the cover of city, county, or state-issued authority?

Well that's exactly the problem!

Cops are already given the benefit of the doubt. Criminals use this to their advantage by becoming cops.

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
I can't get with you about even most cops being criminals smart enough to join the blue herd. I do acknowledge that that's where the smarter ones would be attracted to go, though. And probably the worst of them, since to get into that crowd they'd have to be smart enough not to have been caught beforehand.

OP
OP
knife wielder

knife wielder

Factory Bastard
I can't get with you about even most cops being criminals smart enough to join the blue herd. I do acknowledge that that's where the smarter ones would be attracted to go, though. And probably the worst of them, since to get into that crowd they'd have to be smart enough not to have been caught beforehand.

I'm not even sure how in depth their background checks and psychological screenings are.

Have a look at this article:
US Court Ruling: You Can Be “Too Smart” to Be a Cop
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
I tried out for the CHP 6 months after I got out of the Army and didn't pass the psychological screening and just to bad cause I would have make a good cop and would arrest KW just for sucking in good air and also for calling the police to arrest some girl from Wal Mart for being rude - - - - - - -

Reactions: X

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
[QUOTE="knife wielder, post: 36998, member: 130"
US Court Ruling: You Can Be “Too Smart” to Be a Cop
[/QUOTE]

s-l1600.jpg

rigor79

missing siamese eyes.
Site Supporter
"If people believed what they see with their own eyes, instead of believing the ridiculous way in which the media and Hollywood depict "law enforcement," they would see cops for what they are: parasitic predators. Here is a video demonstrating the usual mentality of the bastards in blue."

i'm from europe but i've heard that from people too .. powertrippers and abusers of power to rape or a bj to evaporate a ticket (it's on the net somewhere ..) harsh truth .. not only in america i'm sure ... in every job there's abusers of power ..