Has anyone here done a keto diet?

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I was out at Sprouts Farmers Market (an organic chain which competes with companies like Whole Foods) and was shocked at how high the prices are. Keep friendly low carb bread was $7.99 for a tiny half sized loaf. :/

I still bought but I am going to seek a lower priced option. Maybe Amazon Fresh or something?

I would suggest limiting your carb consumption overall. When you do eat carbs, make sure they're whole grain. I don't eat bread, pasta, or most potatoes. I eat protein, fat, vegetables and low glycemic index fruit, mostly berries. I also eat nuts and legumes. Good luck!
So no butt then?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I was out at Sprouts Farmers Market (an organic chain which competes with companies like Whole Foods) and was shocked at how high the prices are. Keep friendly low carb bread was $7.99 for a tiny half sized loaf. :/

I still bought but I am going to seek a lower priced option. Maybe Amazon Fresh or something?

I would suggest limiting your carb consumption overall. When you do eat carbs, make sure they're whole grain. I don't eat bread, pasta, or most potatoes. I eat protein, fat, vegetables and low glycemic index fruit, mostly berries. I also eat nuts and legumes. Good luck!
So no butt then?

Why do you think I don't have a butt? *scratches head*

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

So no butt then?

Sorry for your loss. If you eat taro (Colocasia esculenta) you’ll find that you can build your butt up a bit. Don’t worry you’ll get there and look sexy in no time xx

images

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

So no butt then?

Sorry for your loss. If you eat taro (Colocasia esculenta) you’ll find that you can build your butt up a bit. Don’t worry you’ll get there and look sexy in no time xx

images

I don't need it. Thanks for the information though.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

That is the plan.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

So no butt then?

images

But you said that you had no butt?? Alright, here’s a choice diet regime that I just googled if you want to go all modern and all. You’ll thank with them booty gains! Yeah baaaaby!
:Whatevr3:

images

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

So no butt then?

images

But you said that you had no butt?? Alright, here’s a choice diet regime that I just googled if you want to go all modern and all. You’ll thank with them booty gains! Yeah baaaaby!

images

Were you drunk when you think you read that? I asked you what made you think that? I have a butt. So what?

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

So no butt then?

images

images

Were you drunk when you think you read that? I asked you what made you think that? I have a butt. So what?
It’s 16:03 of course I’m not drunk yet! Sorry, I thought that you said that you didn’t have a big butt!? I need to get my reading glasses. I’ll be back...

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So for the last two days I have added on 16/8 fasting. That means you don't eat for 16 hours and then there is an 8 hour window where you can eat. When you do eat you want to keep it low carb and the calories sensible. I have ordered a food scale off Amazon and when it arrives I plan to start weighting everything and trying to track calories. Does anyone know a good keto calorie tracking app?

As I mentioned before my doctor told me my AIC and R value from my blood test said I was "pre-diabetic" and the doctor said with weight lose and exercise I should be able to turn things around but he also wanted me to start metformin (a medication to lower blood sugar) and that finally arrived in the mail on Saturday evening. I took my first fasting blood glucose check this morning and it showed 112. That is very disappointing as anything from 100-125 is deemed "impaired fasting glucose" which means what my doctor said was true. I am "pre-diabetic". Above 125 indicates someone has diabetes so you want a fasting blood sugar of 99 or less.

I am motivated though and research shows if I can lose around 10% of my body weight I should be able to turn things around without permanent damage because we caught things early.

Last edited:

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
If so how did it go? Was it difficult? What were the benefits of it and how did you feel? Yesterday I had my annual doctor's checkup and they found my blood pressure (which used to be high) was now in the normal range but that my fasting blood sugar levels were almost into the "pre-diabetic" level. So I am doing research on diet and exercise regimes to see what I can pro-actively do about that and the keep diet seems to keep coming up.

My understanding is that it is a diet which is high in fat, moderate in protein, and very low in carbohydrates. That means things like grains, potatoes, and sugars are out as well as stuff like alcohol. Some people even recommend intermittent fasting for a day a week. I am all knew to this and looking for recommendations.

I know a thing or two about weight loss and getting healthier.

In March of 2019, I weighed 405lbs, I weighed myself this morning (it's currently just past 10 a.m, I got on the scale at 7 a.m) and I currently weigh 285lbs.

That's a loss of 120lbs in just under 2 and a half years all on a 100% plant-based diet with intermittent fasting.

You don't need KETO, you really don't have to avoid carbs, but I'd stay far away from refined sugar and animal products.

B12 is the only thing you'll need to take a supplement for if you're eating a varied diet and making sure you're going after optimal sources of omega-3s, iron, calcium, and vitamin D. That just means checking to see if the food you're getting is a good source every once in a while and having blood work done every now and again is never a bad thing.

Good luck, you can do it.

Wow. Good work!

Yeah, I believe in plant-based diets. I eat small amounts of chicken and fish, and I eat eggs. But I think I'm about 90% plant-based. Refined sugar is the devil. (Yes, @Breakfall, that's grammatically correct).

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

So no butt then?

LMAO. Obviously, Brainfail doesn't know you, Oak.

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
You dont need to do Keto. Simple low carb is good. Like 50-100 carbs a day. Also, you can deduct one carb, for every gram of fiber.

Avoid sugar too. Quit sodas if you drink them. Fuck that diet soda, it only works initially then reverses on ya. That fake sugar is poison too.

If you do no carb (keto), you will lose weight quickly, but then gain it back even faster once you come off keto.

Exercise 10-15 mins each day. You will feel better and it will give you energy.

Then take a shot of whiskey, and crank some EDM and start dancing lolol.

Im 5' 9" and 150 lbs.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
You dont need to do Keto. Simple low carb is good. Like 50-100 carbs a day. Also, you can deduct one carb, for every gram of fiber.

Avoid sugar too. Quit sodas if you drink them. Fuck that diet soda, it only works initially then reverses on ya. That fake sugar is poison too.

If you do no carb (keto), you will lose weight quickly, but then gain it back even faster once you come off keto.

Exercise 10-15 mins each day. You will feel better and it will give you energy.

Then take a shot of whiskey, and crank some EDM and start dancing lolol.

Im 5' 9" and 150 lbs.
I’m 5’ 9” too...but cunts like that dago cunt, Krisspiss (don’t call me Christopher) aka X aka Stinky have been calling us short. The bum_fuck, needle_dick is even calling 6’ 0” short!!!

I told him that my height combined with my cock length would make me tower over him the cunt!
:Vibin:

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
@Lily ...why so sad buttercup?

because you boys are hurting so bad because you're not tall. my eyes welled up *sniff*
I’m quite happy with my height I’ll have you know. I’ve gone out with women of all heights. My ex wife was 6’0”, my ex girlfriend 6’1”, my love of my life and wife 5’3”. At the end of the day it comes down to compatibility.

It’s all a piss-take here sniffy Lily...don’t take life too seriously. And grow that arse! A big arse is a great asset to have...

ac20f715ab6cf8ffb88dfbaf656095cb436cccb8.gif

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

because you boys are hurting so bad because you're not tall. my eyes welled up *sniff*
I’m quite happy with my height I’ll have you know. I’ve gone out with women of all heights. My ex wife was 6’0”, my ex girlfriend 6’1”, my love of my life and wife 5’3”. At the end of the day it comes down to compatibility.

It’s all a piss-take here sniffy Lily...don’t take life too seriously. And grow that arse! A big arse is a great asset to have...

I was simply amused by all the talk about height and how it certainly appears to get to some. Frankly, I don't give two shits. This is an online experience and the only thing that really matters are words.

Don't worry about my posterior, it's not important.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

I was simply amused by all the talk about height and how it certainly appears to get to some. Frankly, I don't give two shits. This is an online experience and the only thing that really matters are words.

It’s not talk...it’s a comical dig!

And if you don’t shit, you die!

Oh I’m not worried about your posterior, I have a very important, voluptuously sexy Greek one to come home to daily!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Oh I’m not worried about your posterior, I have a very important, voluptuously sexy Greek one to come home to daily!

Fantastic!

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Fantastic!
Awesome!

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I wonder if Overdone is going to come onto his thread and spray sanitizer around, spruce things up a bit. It's totally out of control and outside the parameters of the subject matter he presented!

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I fell of the wagon on Friday but am now back on keto. I need to be more disciplined.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Alcohol and stuff with carbs like that breaded and fried chicken definitely are not keto friendly. So why post it in a keto thread?

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I started on the 12th, fell off the wagon once, but other wise have been able to maintain a keto diet with at least 30 minutes of cardio a day and sometimes 60 minutes depending on available time and energy levels. On five of those days I did 16/8s which is 16 hours of fasting and 8 hours of non-fasting. So far my weight is down 10 pounds though I imagine much of that is water weight.

I have been trying to drink 8 x 8oz glasses of water per day as that is recommended with Keto. This has resulted in me peeing about twice as much as normal (from three per day to around 5-7). I assu.e this is good and just a result of drinking a lot more water.