He dumped his last child support payment in pennies

Jeannie

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
until ???? each penny was worth 1.3¢ in copper so they changed it, now its crap.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
What a POS move. Petty, and he went out of his way, hooking up a trailer to carry all those pennies.
At least the girl, and mom, have noble hearts and donated the money to charity.

"It's not just my mom he's trying to embarrass," she told the outlet of her father, who she says she has not spoken to in years. "It's also me and my sister and it's upsetting that he didn't consider that before he did this."

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

80,000 pennies?

That's $800.

Ho much did the guy pay her through the years?

Musta been a lot.

It seems he had two daughters. I don't think that's a lot of money. How is $800 going to cover a roof over their heads, food, clothing, shoes and every incidental purchase made for two kids?

Question is - did the divorced woman have a job that was sufficiently paying which allowed her to throw away or donate those $800 in pennies?

Many women needing the money would have taken them into the local coin machine and cashed them in if they really needed the it for child support.

Given her circumstances as a single mom, how can she afford to throw away $800 like that?

She must have sufficient savings to be able to forfeit that last payment like she did.

In which case, it brings up the question - if a man is paying child support and the wife has a job which allows her to throw money away like that then surely she could have afforded to contribute to the child support fund as well.

That may be your question now, but it wasn't your question when you complained about men having to support their children. Why is it that men value their offspring so little that they balk at supporting them? That's terrible. Men that think like you, which their seem to be plenty of on the thread, ought not to have children.

Most men, like most women, do want to support their children. The question is what is fair and equitable wrt divisions of parental responsibilities. Many men bulk when ordered to pay 2/3rds of their income as it traps them in poverty and unable to even feed, cloth, and shelter themselves. Personally, I believe that is unjust and pretty much slavery. Yes, they need to partially support their children but there needs to be a cut off on how much of post tax income this can amount to.

Personally, I'd legally put the max liability at no more than 25% of post tax income and certainly no higher than 1/3rd. If that is not enough, well, I guess you shouldn't have fucked a broke guy. He needs to be able to live as well if only to keep being able to pay the payments if nothing else.

Last edited:

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
What a POS move. Petty, and he went out of his way, hooking up a trailer to carry all those pennies.

"It's not just my mom he's trying to embarrass," she told the outlet of her father, who she says she has not spoken to in years. "It's also me and my sister and it's upsetting that he didn't consider that before he did this."

80,000 pennies?

That's $800.

Musta been a lot.

It seems he had two daughters. I don't think that's a lot of money. How is $800 going to cover a roof over their heads, food, clothing, shoes and every incidental purchase made for two kids?

Question is - did the divorced woman have a job that was sufficiently well paying which allowed her to throw away or donate those $800 in pennies?

Many women needing the money would have taken the pennies into the local coin machine and cashed them in if they really needed the it for child support.

Given her circumstances as a single mom, how can she afford to throw away $800 like that?

She must have sufficient savings to be able to donate that last payment like she did.

In which case, it brings up the question - if a man is paying child support and the wife has a job which allows her to throw money away like that then surely she could have contributed to the child support fund as well.

I wonder how much she was able to pocket pf the money he gave her during that time.

Joe....primary parents pay MORE into the childs expenses.

That 800 bucks helped but mom was paying more of her own money.

Why do people think that if someone is receiving child support and is the primary care giver....they are not also contributing to the childs expenses?

Trust me....it costs MORE to be the primary care giver.

When I was a Limo driver transporting wealthy American tourists around Vancouver, it took me 2 years to accumulate $1000 worth of American greenbacks. I'd save them every time someone gave me some and threw em in a jar.

Can't forget how hard I had to work for that money.

I drove some of the wealthiest people in America too.

American Millionaires, billionaires, celebrities.

They'd throw $5 $10, 20,50 sometimes $100 US greenbacks at me.

So...if that woman threw away $800, that seems a tad extravagant.

It makes me question if she really needed absolutely all the money the guy gave her through the years.

If he had reason to believe that he was overpaying in his payments, then no wonder why he was pissed off.

I know it was a n assinine thing for him to do, but I can somewhat understand his frustration.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

80,000 pennies?

That's $800.

Musta been a lot.

Question is - did the divorced woman have a job that was sufficiently paying which allowed her to throw away or donate those $800 in pennies?

Many women needing the money would have taken them into the local coin machine and cashed them in if they really needed the it for child support.

She must have sufficient savings to be able to forfeit that last payment like she did.

In which case, it brings up the question - if a man is paying child support and the wife has a job which allows her to throw money away like that then surely she could have afforded to contribute to the child support fund as well.

That may be your question now, but it wasn't your question when you complained about men having to support their children. Why is it that men value their offspring so little that they balk at supporting them? That's terrible. Men that think like you, which their seem to be plenty of on the thread, ought not to have children.

Most men, like most women, do want to support their children. The question is what is fair and equitable wrt divisions of parental responsibilities. Many men bulk when ordered to pay 2/3rds of their income as it traps them in poverty and unable to even feed, cloth, and shelter themselves. Personally, I believe that is unjust and pretty much slavery. Yes, they need to partially support their children but there needs to be a cut off on how much of post tax income this can amount to.

Personally, I'd legally put the max liability at no more than 25% of post tax income and certainly no higher than 1/3rd. If that is not enough, well, I guess you shouldn't have fucked a broke guy. He needs to be able to live as well if only to keep being able to pay the payments if nothing else.

I mean.....why does it have to fall mostly all on mom?

Maybe if the required amount to support his child leaves him in poverty.....he should have kept his dick dry? Why is it on her to make better sexual decisions? Did he not chose to create a child as well?

Why is only one parent expected to take the brunt? It needs to be a joint responsibility and he is an adult that chose to bring a child into the world. He needs to step up. If his fair amount is too much....he can do what most moms HAVE to do and find a way to make more money.

I never once whined or cried about having to take care of my kids by myself with very little support. I did what I had to do. I sacrificed A LOT. I didnt cry about being poor or not having any free time either. I brought children into my world and it was my responsibility.

People should be getting sterilized if they are gonna cry about "fairness" or struggling or going without because their child needs care and support.

If I can struggle through and go without and find ways to make my resources count and work....a grown man absolutely can as well.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
800 per kid a month, doubled or nearly doubled for two kids is a massive monthly bill, depending on his job and area.

If he's a middle earner, it would break the guy.

Mothers have a responsibility to contribute financially too...

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
800 per kid a month, doubled or nearly doubled for two kids is a massive monthly bill, depending on his job and area.

Well depending on what state they live in. You gotta think about rent, too. It's easy to get a cheap one bedroom apartment. But if the primary care taker is mom.....shes gotta rent a bigger place. A two bedroom at the least if the kids are able to share a room(mine always were .....until they got older).

So that takes rent in a decent area with decent schools.. .its in the 1200 plus range. Then there is child care with is grossly expensive. Most of time child care alone costs more than rent. Added utilities..if you have to pay for water and stuff. If the kids have phones. The additional food. Medical costs. There are never ending added expenses. You could add all this up and subtract 800 from it and see how broke AF mom is. And this is if the kids dont get sick and cause you to have to miss work for several days.

All this SHOULD really deter people from divorcing and to be more motivated to try to work things for the sake of their family. It's not easy for either of the parents but this is the reality of the choices they make. If divorce is going to happen the parents really should put a huge effort into establishing a good coparenting relationship.

Single parenthood is not this fun heroic thing it's made out to be. It's pretty stressful.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Well depending on what state they live in. You gotta think about rent, too. It's easy to get a cheap one bedroom apartment. But if the primary care taker is mom.....shes gotta rent a bigger place. A two bedroom at the least if the kids are able to share a room(mine always were .....until they got older).

So that takes rent in a decent area with decent schools.. .its in the 1200 plus range. Then there is child care with is grossly expensive. Most of time child care alone costs more than rent. Added utilities..if you have to pay for water and stuff. If the kids have phones. The additional food. Medical costs. There are never ending added expenses. You could add all this up and subtract 800 from it and see how broke AF mom is. And this is if the kids dont get sick and cause you to have to miss work for several days.

All this SHOULD really deter people from divorcing and to be more motivated to try to work things for the sake of their family. It's not easy for either of the parents but this is the reality of the choices they make. If divorce is going to happen the parents really should put a huge effort into establishing a good coparenting relationship.

Single parenthood is not this fun heroic thing it's made out to be. It's pretty stressful.

Particularly for the guys in some the various state's court systems...

Many a guy has had to live in their car and eat dinty Moore because of massive garnishment...and often prevented from a meaningful relationship with their child/children.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I dont want to come across like I'm unsympathetic towards fathers struggling to pay support. I'm really not. I get it. I do. I can absolutely empathize with someone doing the right thing but having frustration with the struggle of. I can do that without making them the victim, too. Doing the right can be very difficult.

I was more than willing to work with my exs. They were shit. Stuck in some vapid competition and victim mentality. Of course I'm human so my experiences are gonna bleed into my perspective of this.....that's normal and I'm aware of my own biases. Or I try to be as aware of them as possible.

I'm just pointing out the only real victim in these situations are the kids in the middle of it. The only truly fairness is making sure both parents are prioritizing the kids. That the kids needs are met by the two people on this planet the kids look to for protection, advocacy, love and support.

This guy dumping pennies on this lawn out of pure spite......what does that say to his daughter? It tells her that he is resentful of her existence. That's a scar she has now. If he felt his required contributions were unfair or he was frustrated to that level.....there are many things he could have done or ways he could have dealt with it besides making huge scene that ONLY communicates to his daughter that shes worthless to him. A cross to carry.

No one deserves to be made to feel like a burden to their own parents.

This guy is a selfish prick and this nonsense he did says a lot about his character and how he handles frustration. I'm not very surprised reading that his relationship with his daughter was already strained.

This is the actions of a man who thinks the world owes him. Who doesnt want to take responsibility for his choices and wants to lay blame on others. That's just how I see it. All the steps and effort involved in this insanely childish fucktarded thing he did says nothing good about this guy. How vindictive does someone have to be to go through all this trouble to accomplish nothing but embarrassing himself and hurting his own daughter?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I agree, the guy acted like a jerk, he also, apparently, hadn't bothered to visit or see his children in years, it was clearly not a great guy.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I don't want to speculate why he wasn't on the scene other than to point out the girl and her mother had a united front about him and that might be a reflection on him, or the ex wife...

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Virginia Child support calculator:

Doesn't appear either parent is raking in a high net monthly income... after an estimation of 800-1000 per month for a adult/1 child medical insurance premium, that she would be paying.

No telling who earns more though....maybe both in the 3k-5k range, which in Richmond... seems less than ideal if you check out housing costs...

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Imagine what $80,000 in pennies must weigh, that's a lot of spite.

Yeah, except it was 80,000 pennies, which is $800. Quite a difference there. 1600 rolls of pennies. Not as much as it sounds like.

Stupid, for sure. But, just sayin'.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
True. Here you have women who are literally drug addicts who cheated on their husband and got arrested for prostitution and drug dealing but they still get sole custody because she is a woman. The system is very stacked against men which is why I am so glad I do not have children out of wedlock or from a previous marriage (I have only been married once mostly because I knew the system was shit and didn't want to get hung out to dry). I did have a "common law" marriage where we cohabitation for almost 10 years but no kids, her choice, I originally thought this was fine but later found I was not ok with it.

Courts very rarely give sole custody without good reason. I think you are grossly exaggerating with your "Here, we have women who are..." BS. Joint custody is the default, and there are many, many stories of men with joint custody abusing their children while the mother begged the courts to give her sole custody because of it. It is not easy to get sole custody. I know women who fought for years to get sole custody when the father was completely psycho. No woman who is dealing drugs and working as a prostitute is going to get sole custody unless the father's a serial killer.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
This guy dumping pennies on this lawn out of pure spite......what does that say to his daughter? It tells her that he is resentful of her existence. That's a scar she has now. If he felt his required contributions were unfair or he was frustrated to that level.....there are many things he could have done or ways he could have dealt with it besides making huge scene that ONLY communicates to his daughter that shes worthless to him. A cross to carry.

While what you say about the man is true, I don't think much of his es-wife/girlfriend either.

If she can afford to throw away an $800 support payment, I don't think she's was that hard up.

sorry Dovey, but that's the impression that woman gives me.

Instead of throwing away the money to a charity as a way of illustrating 'spousal abuse', I think a much better way would have been to to use that money would have been for the mother to use to buy something for her daughte r in the form of pennies, such as a graduation dress for her prom or supplies for college given that she is graduating this year. Then recorded it on YouTube or Twitter for the world to see.

So, that would have driven home the message to him and the public that she really needed the money, and it was entirely for the daughter's benefit and yes, the EX was truly being a jerk.

Then the whole world would truly turn against the Guy.

So yes, while the guy is a jerk, I have this sense that she comes across as somewhat self-entitled herself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

80,000 pennies?

That's $800.

Musta been a lot.

I didn't say 2/3rds and I don't know where you got your data from. According to a source that cites the Census Bureau, the average child support payment is $400.

A broke ass guy shouldn't have had any children. It's not just her responsibility. It's up to both parties to make financially sound decisions.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

80,000 pennies?

That's $800.

Musta been a lot.

Maybe if the required amount to support his child leaves him in poverty.....he should have kept his dick dry? Why is it on her to make better sexual decisions? Did he not chose to create a child as well?

Why is only one parent expected to take the brunt? It needs to be a joint responsibility and he is an adult that chose to bring a child into the world. He needs to step up. If his fair amount is too much....he can do what most moms HAVE to do and find a way to make more money.

I never once whined or cried about having to take care of my kids by myself with very little support. I did what I had to do. I sacrificed A LOT. I didnt cry about being poor or not having any free time either. I brought children into my world and it was my responsibility.

People should be getting sterilized if they are gonna cry about "fairness" or struggling or going without because their child needs care and support.

If I can struggle through and go without and find ways to make my resources count and work....a grown man absolutely can as well.

Including working two jobs if he has to, like single moms have had to do.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

80,000 pennies?

That's $800.

Musta been a lot.

Question is - did the divorced woman have a job that was sufficiently well paying which allowed her to throw away or donate those $800 in pennies?

Many women needing the money would have taken the pennies into the local coin machine and cashed them in if they really needed the it for child support.

She must have sufficient savings to be able to donate that last payment like she did.

In which case, it brings up the question - if a man is paying child support and the wife has a job which allows her to throw money away like that then surely she could have contributed to the child support fund as well.

I wonder how much she was able to pocket pf the money he gave her during that time.

Joe....primary parents pay MORE into the childs expenses.

That 800 bucks helped but mom was paying more of her own money.

Why do people think that if someone is receiving child support and is the primary care giver....they are not also contributing to the childs expenses?

Trust me....it costs MORE to be the primary care giver.

When I was a Limo driver transporting wealthy American tourists around Vancouver, it took me 2 years to accumulate $1000 worth of American greenbacks. I'd save them every time someone gave me some and threw em in a jar.

Can't forget how hard I had to work for that money.

I drove some of the wealthiest people in America too.

American Millionaires, billionaires, celebrities.

They'd throw $5 $10, 20,50 sometimes $100 US greenbacks at me.

So...if that woman threw away $800, that seems a tad extravagant.

It makes me question if she really needed absolutely all the money the guy gave her through the years.

If he had reason to believe that he was overpaying in his payments, then no wonder why he was pissed off.

I know it was a n assinine thing for him to do, but I can somewhat understand his frustration.

You're a cheap bastard. Don't have children.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

While what you say about the man is true, I don't think much of his es-wife/girlfriend either.

If she can afford to throw away an $800 support payment, I don't think she's was that hard up.

sorry Dovey, but that's the impression that woman gives me.

Instead of throwing away the money to a charity as a way of illustrating 'spousal abuse', I think a much better way would have been to to use that money would have been for the mother to use to buy something for her daughte r in the form of pennies, such as a graduation dress for her prom or supplies for college given that she is graduating this year. Then recorded it on YouTube or Twitter for the world to see.

So, that would have driven home the message to him and the public that she really needed the money, and it was entirely for the daughter's benefit and yes, the EX was truly being a jerk.

Then the whole world would truly turn against the Guy.

So yes, while the guy is a jerk, I have this sense that she comes across as somewhat self-entitled herself.

I think the guy is a jerk and that she'd had her fill after years of his shit. One "sacrifice" was symbolic. You don't have to be hard up for the other party to support the kids. What kind of logic is that?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

80,000 pennies?

That's $800.

Musta been a lot.

Exactly. I've done it.

For a while there I was cleaning peoples houses for 80 to 120 bucks.

I kept stripping for a reason. I could make plenty in 3 nights and have the rest of the time with my kids. Sure it's not ideal but it worked for me at the time. I didnt get shit in CS. It was ordered but not at all reliable.

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

80,000 pennies?

That's $800.

Musta been a lot.

Exactly. I've done it.

For a while there I was cleaning peoples houses for 80 to 120 bucks.

I think those type of men that play victim are fundamentally flawed. My husband was married before and has two adult sons now. He says he remembers the intense sense of responsibility he felt when his first son was born. It wasn't "we have to do everything for this baby", he said he literally thought "I have to do everything in my power to provide for this baby." He was an excellent provider, he is an excellent father. He coached soccer/football, little league, and was a boy scout leader for his two sons, and took them to Pop Warner football. He did it all. So he invested time and money. Most father's do a lot less. It was one of the things I admired about him - his devotion to his sons. Oh, and he also provided during their college years.

To hear all the whining on this topic makes me sick.