Hey Lotus

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Ok, first pic. The guava paste, I'd reccomend that. It's very sweet, but healthy. It's excellent with fresh cheese, in the US I've seen it as "queso de freir" in American stores, it makes a very common desert here, Romeo and Juliet.

The Forno de Minas cheese puff mini rolls, also delicious in my opinion, especially if they're fresh. It might be a bit tricky baking them, they might end up as hard as rocks if you bake them too much, so you might take a couple attempts to get them just fine

2nd pic, pastel, like the spanish empanada but tastier, especially if they were just prepared and fried, no way you wouldn't like that. probably ground beef inside.

3rd pic you have more fried / baked snacks. They're all delicious, especially the coxinhas, they have ground chicken and you fry them. My experience is that Americans will get adicted to it, so be careful. The fried pastry cones are supposed to take "doce de leite" (a type of caramel paste, you probably will find it there too). Doce de leite tends to be too sweet for people trying it for the first time, so the cones, who are slightly salty, make for a good combo. Also a common desert here.

4th pic you have the paçoca, it's a type of peanut snack, not too salty or sweet, I find it very good, buy it all the time. Might be bit too dry if you're not used to it. I used to mix them with a bit of peanut butter in the US, over here I eat them plain all the time, one bite because they tend to crumble incredibly easily.

The 5th pic you have the "feijoada kit" on the upper left corner along with the other cured meats, if you're feeling adventurous. The meats are also worth trying, they make excellent pizzas and sandwiches.

That's what I would recommend from those.

Ya I have a deep fryer so I dont mind grabbing products with crust but I need meat not ruffage.. I got my own ways of dealing with my bio waste regularity

OP
OP
RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Oh. Haha. I haven't seen that, though. É só pizza portuguesa no Brasil?

I'm pretty sure the feijoada I had didn't have any of the weird parts. But it was good.
We have a joke here that pizza portuguesa is actually called pizza brasileira in portugal LOL

From what I heard, the pizza you guys have there is more towards the Italian taste, different from ours.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
@realgrimm .... What the percentage of white people living in toronto?

All depends ... LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.. I dont mind the lower income neighbourhoods as they have better alchol prices and will talk straight..I adjust cuz Im OG and respect the old code..but GTAs melting pots bled into everything other then the upper class whos judgementals have seemed to cause them grief now that the classism is dividing us now more then ever.. Toronto has always had its shady multicultural ghettos but still has the old school divide with Chinatown , Koreatown, Cabbagetown(Arabs) ,Little Italy.... etc.. bleeding hearts aside code is code .. pigs are pigs .. you stir trouble in the wrong side of town , you better hope you can fight cause your about to meet a culture shock.. Cabbagetown for instance they are allowed to carry unconsealed swords as their religons dictates and our government just hires token representitives to appease..

not so much color here these days, more old school vs new school logics

X

xXx
Site Supporter
Screen-Shot-2017-01-02-at-12.22.33-PM.jpg

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
All of that shit sounds good, Rancy.

I miss living in a larger city, where all that stuff was readily available. I even lived in a Chilean neighbourhood for a while. Also lived in the Portuguese district. Best damn grilled meat platters and chicken sandwiches I've ever had. One place (Cocorico) even set out their spuds in rows right underneath the rotisserie spits to let all the drippings season the potatoes. Wild flavours, damn.

Here, LatinX culture and cuisine are virtually non-existent. I guess there's always banh mi, ffs.

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter

All depends ... LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION.. I dont mind the lower income neighbourhoods as they have better alchol prices and will talk straight..I adjust cuz Im OG and respect the old code..but GTAs melting pots bled into everything other then the upper class whos judgementals have seemed to cause them grief now that the classism is dividing us now more then ever.. Toronto has always had its shady multicultural ghettos but still has the old school divide with Chinatown , Koreatown, Cabbagetown(Arabs) ,Little Italy.... etc.. bleeding hearts aside code is code .. pigs are pigs .. you stir trouble in the wrong side of town , you better hope you can fight cause your about to meet a culture shock.. Cabbagetown for instance they are allowed to carry unconsealed swords as their religons dictates and our government just hires token representitives to appease..

I couldn't live in a place like that, to damn crowded. I gotta have my 100's of miles of Crown land in every direction.
If I spend a day in the city (Edmonton) I'm ready to go bonkers. No Sir you guys can keep the big city and I'll keep my sanity.lol

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator

I couldn't live in a place like that, to damn crowded. I gotta have my 100's of miles of Crown land in every direction.
If I spend a day in the city (Edmonton) I'm ready to go bonkers. No Sir you guys can keep the big city and I'll keep my sanity.lol

It used to be fun .. till people got sensitive.. sure you mingled but the playing field was level.. not of this ultra sensitive circle jerk.. I swear .. what used to be just a freedom of expression and beef just required you to man up and its settled ...lol.. now you can hear the milleniums groan and moan crying foul , you kick a coulple teeth out cuz mudshark gets to lippy with the race card ...

it's like people dont need to attone for ther actions

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Oh. Haha. I haven't seen that, though. É só pizza portuguesa no Brasil?

I'm pretty sure the feijoada I had didn't have any of the weird parts. But it was good.
We have a joke here that pizza portuguesa is actually called pizza brasileira in portugal LOL

From what I heard, the pizza you guys have there is more towards the Italian taste, different from ours.

LOL. I'll check around for pizza brasileira.

Yeah. The pizza I've had is pretty Italian. There are plenty of Italian restaurants around. Lots of Italians in Portugal.