How Do You Preemptively Pardon Someone?

Holliday

Banned
Banned
and why, unless you are certain they have committed crimes for which they are likely to be convicted?

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

"It is widely believed that Trump
before he leaves office on Jan. 20, including to family members who have not been charged with any crimes — or to himself.

Here, in no particular order, is a list of the people given clemency by Trump:"

OP
OP
Holliday

Holliday

Banned
Banned

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned

You should be ashamed for even knowing a Demi Lavato song.

I have a three year old, friend...

Your three year old knows Demi Lovato?

Also, both Demi and Selena we
Also IIRC you used to have a bit of a thing for her BFF.
Selena? She seemed like such a nice girl but then
she started up with all that "my people" stuff.
Crushing.....(tears)

But you would have, once upon a time.
I knew her from my daughter watching Witches of Waverly Place
but even now I've no idea what songs she sings.

I know her and Demi from being on Barney and Friends...that was probably their first gig.

OP
OP
Holliday

Holliday

Banned
Banned

Crushing.....(tears)

I know her and Demi from being on Barney and Friends...that was probably their first gig.

So you watched those as a child?

deport_liberals

Banned
Banned

Crushing.....(tears)

So you watched those as a child?

No, I have watched them over the past 2-3 years.

I was too old for Barney; I grew up on Sesame Street and Mr. Rogers.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Seems weird to me, but then I’m not that up on American law, just seems that someone convicted and sentenced in a court of law , then someone like trump pardoned them, it just make a mockery of the whole judicial system there..

OP
OP
Holliday

Holliday

Banned
Banned

Under Article II, sec.2, the president was given the “power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment.” After the Constitution was drafted in the summer of 1787, it had to be ratified by at least nine of the states before it would take effect. Nearly everyone agreed that the president should have the power to pardon; some thought, however, that no one should be pardoned in the case of treason without the concurrence of at least one of the two houses of the legislature, because, in the marvelous phrase of Alexander Hamilton, “the supposition of the connivance of the Chief Magistrate ought not to be entirely excluded.”

The possibility that the president might use the power to pardon as a means by which to protect those with whom he had conspired to do harm to the United States by “adhering to,” or giving “aid and comfort” to, its enemies, led to one of the most important, but least remembered, exchanges in debate over whether the Constitution drafted in Philadelphia should become the Constitution of the United States. The exchange demonstrated that not only are there serious limitations on the president’s power to pardon, but that a president’s threat to use that power may itself be grounds for impeachment.

On the afternoon of Wednesday, June 18, 1788, George Mason rose from his chair on the floor of the Virginia Ratifying Convention deeply troubled by what he thought of the convention’s failure to understand—the president of the United States might not always be someone of sound character and high intelligence. There would rarely, if ever, he reminded the delegates, be a commander in chief with the courage and rectitude displayed by George Washington during the War of Independence. There might even be a president who would try to change our form of government. The president, argued Mason,

“ought not to have the power of pardoning, because he may frequently pardon crimes which were advised by himself. It may happen, at some future day, that he will establish a monarchy, and destroy the republic. If he has the power of granting pardons before indictment, or conviction, may he not stop inquiry and prevent detection? The case of treason ought, at least, to be excepted. This is a weighty objection with me.”

Last edited:

Jake

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Jake isn't going to like this threadjacking. Though it was indeed bipartisan.

The bipartisan fraternizing about musical taste gives one a warm fuzzy.

But meanwhile, regarding the president, I note this morning that he's lost the NY Post.

201227-trump-editorial.jpg

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Dems cheated him out of office...

The US is officially a Banana Republic now...

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
You two bobbleheads are free to fellate each other to your guts' content...

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
You're trapped in a cycle of using your credit card online to try to get even with people who have said mean things to and about you.... via a thumbnail picture! Lulz...

Who is fellating themself again? :Popcorn:

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You're trapped in a cycle of using your credit card online to try to get even with people who have said mean things to and about you.... via a thumbnail picture! Lulz...

DD its easy as pie ripping you a new asshole. Your online history makes it so. Ask Frank, your 5 kids and all those stitches. How about one year of college and 4 degrees. The shit hole your rent at Cigarettebuttville ? And, yes youre the only one I know who can lick her own VJ. Funny little women

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

DD its easy as pie ripping you a new asshole. Your online history makes it so. Ask Frank, your 5 kids and all those stitches. How about one year of college and 4 degrees. The shit hole your rent at Cigarettebuttville ? And, yes youre the only one I know who can lick her own VJ. Funny little women

:LMAO:

Ok, Boomer...