How much money did you lose last year and why?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
We are very lucky the pandemic didnt disrupt any of our income. In fact my husband has been working more.

I have some friends who were hit pretty hard. One is a family who relied on the husbands small business. He runs lines and shit like that.....they were doing really well, bought a house they are struggling to afford now and the wife has siezures and they dont know why.

Its picking back up for them though, thankfully. They had to go through all their savings and they are pretty devastated by that.

Seeing what so many people are dealing with really freaked me out, though. It made me very motivated to avoid debt.
I used to be in serious debt. But together with your man you can make it work. I don’t want to come across as a fuckhead. But I am a millionaire.
And I don't want to be a debt slave. Being a millionaire? Meh....I'd do exactly what I'm doing now and just help the outreach I went through or start one.

One of my relatives became a millionaire but came at a high cost.

He died relatively young worth several million dollars.

However, his widow and relatives got to enjoy his wealth long after he was gone.

People who chase wealth and attain it often don't live long because there's so much stress in trying to hang on to that much money.

Ironcially, it's their benefactors who get to enjoy it.

ie - Steve Jobs a case in point. His wife and kids are enjoying the life while he's in the afterlife

Nothing wrong with chasing the buck, but there has to be a balance in one's life.

It's also a fact that a lot of people who chase wealth are pricks, so they don't enjoy life on that level either.

I would rather be comfortably poor (you know, with a roof and enough to eat, and heat) and contented than running myself to ground in an effort to amass wealth. What is the point of it, anyway? To make other people jealous? To show people you're better than them? To own as much stuff as possible? That's just stupid.

There's nothing wrong with chasing money nor having a lot of it.

There are many people who have lots and quite happy.

They have good relationships with others and appear to be quite happy.

I don't begrudge anyone merely for being rich.

More pertinent is the OP's message about making the mistake of trusting those you thought you could, and then getting shortchanged or burned.

I've had that happpen to me in my own family. How certain members promise you something and falsely state that there's something in it for you if you follow and obey them. But of course, they have their agenda. And as the OP pointed out they make mistakes which end up costing you.

These people all think it's fine and dandy to shortchange you like that and you'll forgive them because you're family, but in reality it just strains family relations, and if you get burned by them, you just say "Aw fuck. The next time I'm not gonna bother with you or lend you my financial or moral support in any way."

And of course, it just results in you seeing much less with them and having any a meaningful relationship with them. They're just there, and they became your rivals rather than confidants or friends. And you don't end up revealing your plans to them for fear that they'll screw you over again.

So with relatives or family members like that may as well seek friendship or comfort somewhere else.Heck get a dog. You can trust them more.

It's not just simply being rich or chasing money .....its people who measure their self worth by it.

These are the miserable pricks.

OP
OP
Breakfall

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
We are very lucky the pandemic didnt disrupt any of our income. In fact my husband has been working more.

I have some friends who were hit pretty hard. One is a family who relied on the husbands small business. He runs lines and shit like that.....they were doing really well, bought a house they are struggling to afford now and the wife has siezures and they dont know why.

Its picking back up for them though, thankfully. They had to go through all their savings and they are pretty devastated by that.

Seeing what so many people are dealing with really freaked me out, though. It made me very motivated to avoid debt.
I used to be in serious debt. But together with your man you can make it work. I don’t want to come across as a fuckhead. But I am a millionaire.
And I don't want to be a debt slave. Being a millionaire? Meh....I'd do exactly what I'm doing now and just help the outreach I went through or start one.

However, his widow and relatives got to enjoy his wealth long after he was gone.

People who chase wealth and attain it often don't live long because there's so much stress in trying to hang on to that much money.

ie - Steve Jobs a case in point. His wife and kids are enjoying the life while he's in the afterlife

Nothing wrong with chasing the buck, but there has to be a balance in one's life.

It's also a fact that a lot of people who chase wealth are pricks, so they don't enjoy life on that level either.

I would rather be comfortably poor (you know, with a roof and enough to eat, and heat) and contented than running myself to ground in an effort to amass wealth. What is the point of it, anyway? To make other people jealous? To show people you're better than them? To own as much stuff as possible? That's just stupid.

More pertinent is the OP's message about making the mistake of trusting those you thought you could, and then getting shortchanged or burned.

I've had that happpen to me in my own family. How certain members promise you something and falsely state that there's something in it for you if you follow and obey them. But of course, they have their agenda. And as the OP pointed out they make mistakes which end up costing you.

These people all think it's fine and dandy to shortchange you like that and you'll forgive them because you're family, but in reality it just strains family relations, and if you get burned by them, you just say "Aw fuck. The next time I'm not gonna bother with you or lend you my financial or moral support in any way."

And of course, it just results in you seeing much less with them and having any a meaningful relationship with them. They're just there, and they became your rivals rather than confidants or friends. And you don't end up revealing your plans to them for fear that they'll screw you over again.

So with relatives or family members like that may as well seek friendship or comfort somewhere else.Heck get a dog. You can trust them more.

It's not just simply being rich or chasing money .....its people who measure their self worth by it.

Exactly. Never would a day go by when I didn’t appreciate rice. I was so on the bones of my arse at one stage, that grains of rice sustained me. Rice and milk for breakfast, rice and tomato sauce for lunch, rice and BBQ sauce for dinner. Every time rice is put on my plate, I remember. Being poor sucks dogs balls!

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter

Exactly. Never would a day go by when I didn’t appreciate rice. I was so on the bones of my arse at one stage, that grains of rice sustained me. Rice and milk for breakfast, rice and tomato sauce for lunch, rice and BBQ sauce for dinner. Every time rice is put on my plate, I remember. Being poor sucks dogs balls!

I remember my first week in the dorm of the Christian outreach I went to after I kicked heroin.

I cannot tell you how grateful I was for a PILLOW.

If you've been through enough, you really start valuing the simple.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
We did have one bitch not pay her rent for six months. We eventually got her out.

To my understanding, there are eviction protections were people cannot get evicted.

But I wonder.....does that grace also extend to the landlord's or do they just get fucked?

I know my friends I just talked about got a break on the mortgage but they were still in a pretty tough spot.

No protections for landlords. She owed us $18,000 before counting the late fees or legal costs. She simply stopped paying, her job was never effected, the lease was supposed to be for just her and her daughter and specifically said no sublease was allowed, she had her boyfriend move in with her, the daughter's boy friend, and illegally rented out the third bedroom. Oh, and the lease said no pets but she had two dogs. She kept the rent money from the other person but never paid us a penny. She also lawyered up so she wasn't broke.

She agreed to vacate and pay just $2000 of the $18,000 she owed us (not counting many things we legally could add if we wanted to). She did leave but refused to pay the $2000. She took all the money she saved and bought a one bedroom apartment with her boyfriend. I am now in the process of suing her for all the unpaid rent, late fees, legal fees, and what ever else the lawyer says can legally be added on.
Good luck.

in cali they side with the scum

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter
I’ve lost nothing. We’ve been blessed so far.

I stay humble tho. You never know what tomorrow will bring.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
We did have one bitch not pay her rent for six months. We eventually got her out.

To my understanding, there are eviction protections were people cannot get evicted.

But I wonder.....does that grace also extend to the landlord's or do they just get fucked?

I know my friends I just talked about got a break on the mortgage but they were still in a pretty tough spot.

No protections for landlords. She owed us $18,000 before counting the late fees or legal costs. She simply stopped paying, her job was never effected, the lease was supposed to be for just her and her daughter and specifically said no sublease was allowed, she had her boyfriend move in with her, the daughter's boy friend, and illegally rented out the third bedroom. Oh, and the lease said no pets but she had two dogs. She kept the rent money from the other person but never paid us a penny. She also lawyered up so she wasn't broke.

She agreed to vacate and pay just $2000 of the $18,000 she owed us (not counting many things we legally could add if we wanted to). She did leave but refused to pay the $2000. She took all the money she saved and bought a one bedroom apartment with her boyfriend. I am now in the process of suing her for all the unpaid rent, late fees, legal fees, and what ever else the lawyer says can legally be added on.
Good luck.

All to often that is true. I honestly don't know why that stupid woman broke a second signed agreement. She even paid a lawyer and the lawyer told her we were offering her a great deal. Just leave, pay $2000, and I will forget the rest. Which is really fair. But she broke that signed agreement to so now I am going to sue her for everything I can. Collecting on any judgment will be next to impossible, especially in CA, but hopefully I can do something.

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter

You should find out if s

Good luck.

All to often that is true. I honestly don't know why that stupid woman broke a second signed agreement. She even paid a lawyer and the lawyer told her we were offering her a great deal. Just leave, pay $2000, and I will forget the rest. Which is really fair. But she broke that signed agreement to so now I am going to sue her for everything I can. Collecting on any judgment will be next to impossible, especially in CA, but hopefully I can do something.

That sucks. Did her new landlord call you to see if she was a good tenant?

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

You should find out if s

Good luck.

That sucks. Did her new landlord call you to see if she was a good tenant?

No, she used the money she saved not paying me for half a year to buy a small apartment with her boyfriend. I imagine after getting a judgement against her I will have to put a lien on her apartment.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I don't even want to think about it. If I didn't have other sources of income, I'd probably be either homeless, on Freud's couch or back home living with my ma right now.

What's going on with the lockdowns in 'Stralia? They're not ruling out that restrictions could still be in effect during the summer over here.

Fucking jokes, man.
Man...for the first time in a while I started working for someone else. I have money stashed, but I was unsure of the turn of events. Never in my life have I had more than three weeks off working...I had three months! It started out just saying to the missus..”fuck it...I need to work again!” I used to be an awesome surfboard manufacturer. I did labels with Rusty, Al Merrick, Lost/mayhem, you name it. I got financially fucked over. I put out my card after 10 years hiatus of the surfboard industry and I was snapped up within 10 minutes. I turned my back on an entire industry for 10 years and people are going stupid that I’m back in the game. I mean, I’m humbled, but I still feel that my legacy should’ve remained elusive. You guys never knew this.
Australia is not too bad, but raw materials are hard to come by because of restrictions. Chemicals, solvents...fucking basic commodities. It’s all up the shit-can! I just chill and listen to country music of late. What does one really do?

you manufacture surfboards? :Excited6:

I was born and raised in Dog Town. I surf, but was more a skater in my day. My dad is a hobby shaper... hasn’t for years, but I remember him sanding in the garage.

The game Monopoly was invented during the Great Depression. We have online to pass large amounts of time now.

You can always hit me up via pm if you get bored. I’m an excellent penpal and current empty nester since I’m divorce and both kids are out of state away at college. I also have too much time on my hands these days.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

I agree. I lived a padded lifestyle when I was married. I was at home on shelter in place orders for 87 days alone at the start of this pandemic. I took that time to self-love and reflect. I meditated daily and eventually realized that I really don’t need all of this stuff and I’ve been downsizing and being less wasteful since.

As long as I have a roof over my head, food on my table and a little money in the bank... I’ll be good.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

I’m assuming that it’s because of the proclamation that was in place, which is why you couldn’t evict her and the unpaid rent skyrocketed to that amount.

I’m curious to see how this plays out in court. You have interesting circumstances given she wasn’t unemployed and was unjustly enriched by the unpaid rent. Please keep me posted!

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

I don't even want to think about it. If I didn't have other sources of income, I'd probably be either homeless, on Freud's couch or back home living with my ma right now.

What's going on with the lockdowns in 'Stralia? They're not ruling out that restrictions could still be in effect during the summer over here.

Fucking jokes, man.
Man...for the first time in a while I started working for someone else. I have money stashed, but I was unsure of the turn of events. Never in my life have I had more than three weeks off working...I had three months! It started out just saying to the missus..”fuck it...I need to work again!” I used to be an awesome surfboard manufacturer. I did labels with Rusty, Al Merrick, Lost/mayhem, you name it. I got financially fucked over. I put out my card after 10 years hiatus of the surfboard industry and I was snapped up within 10 minutes. I turned my back on an entire industry for 10 years and people are going stupid that I’m back in the game. I mean, I’m humbled, but I still feel that my legacy should’ve remained elusive. You guys never knew this.
Australia is not too bad, but raw materials are hard to come by because of restrictions. Chemicals, solvents...fucking basic commodities. It’s all up the shit-can! I just chill and listen to country music of late. What does one really do?

I was born and raised in Dog Town. I surf, but was more a skater in my day. My dad is a hobby shaper... hasn’t for years, but I remember him sanding in the garage.

The game Monopoly was invented during the Great Depression. We have online to pass large amounts of time now.

You can always hit me up via pm if you get bored. I’m an excellent penpal and current empty nester since I’m divorce and both kids are out of state away at college. I also have too much time on my hands these days.

Dog Town? Seriously? We lived there, and some of the old famous skate and surf guys were dads at our kids' school. I used to take my son to play dates with a couple of their offspring.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
BTW, that surf shop in Santa Monica on Main St. went out of business during the pandemic. Fuckin sad.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

Fucking jokes, man.

Dog Town? Seriously? We lived there, and some of the old famous skate and surf guys were dads at our kids' school. I used to take my son to play dates with a couple of their offspring.

yeah... my daddy surfed pipeline with his friends when he was 15 and brought back the Hawaii locals only attitude. They were the reason the zephyr skate club started in empty backyard swimming pools during the drought of the 70s.

Peaches mentioned way back when that we would get along. He knew I was trustworthy and shared that we come from the same area. I do miss him sometimes... but too much has happened and Big is fam.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Fucking jokes, man.

yeah... my daddy surfed pipeline with his friends when he was 15 and brought back the Hawaii locals only attitude. They were the reason the zephyr skate club started in empty backyard swimming pools during the drought of the 70s.

Peaches mentioned way back when that we would get along. He knew I was trustworthy and shared that we come from the same area. I do miss him sometimes... but too much has happened and Big is fam.

Yeah. My son skateboarded in those swimming pools in the 21st century. Haha.

Spoon pisses me off. He's not trustworthy. He told everyone under the sun my real ID, and I never shared it with a single soul.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

Fucking jokes, man.

Spoon pisses me off. He's not trustworthy. He told everyone under the sun my real ID, and I never shared it with a single soul.

thats awesome! I love finding peeps from the old neighborhood <3

Spoon/Peachy dips too hard in the sauce.... this has become some alter reality vendetta since Joo destroyed him on TV way back when... he has admitted this is a rehab worthy addiction being online.... but he is such a sweet man under all that war trauma. My biggest weakness is seeing the best in people.

I’m sorry you endured that... no one deserves that. I wouldn’t sell out my worst enemy online to the creetins.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Fucking jokes, man.

Spoon/Peachy dips too hard in the sauce.... this has become some alter reality vendetta since Joo destroyed him on TV way back when... he has admitted this is a rehab worthy addiction being online.... but he is such a sweet man under all that war trauma. My biggest weakness is seeing the best in people.

I’m sorry you endured that... no one deserves that. I wouldn’t sell out my worst enemy online to the creetins.

I like Spoon. I just feel really betrayed by his doing that, for no good reason. He was super proud of himself for figuring out my real ID when I had never offered it. And he told everyone, even after I read him the riot act.

I do kind of miss Venice. Sigh.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Yes, she heard people cannot be evicted and simply stopped paying even though her job was not effected. The courts were closed so like the thief she is she milked for as long as she could. Some people just are users and thieves.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Yes, she heard people cannot be evicted and simply stopped paying even though her job was not effected. The courts were closed so like the thief she is she milked for as long as she could. Some people just are users and thieves.

Did your lease include reasonable attorney fees and cost recovery?

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

Fucking jokes, man.

I like Spoon. I just feel really betrayed by his doing that, for no good reason. He was super proud of himself for figuring out my real ID when I had never offered it. And he told everyone, even after I read him the riot act.

Venice is the ghetto by the sea <3

The way he described you, I took you more for a cusp of Santa Monica girl... think the strip where they filmed Three’s Company right off the boardwalk.

With some of the lifers this becomes an obsessive win at all costs conundrum. It’s sad to watch them sink into that abyss.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Fucking jokes, man.

The way he described you, I took you more for a cusp of Santa Monica girl... think the strip where they filmed Three’s Company right off the boardwalk.

With some of the lifers this becomes an obsessive win at all costs conundrum. It’s sad to watch them sink into that abyss.
Venice is pretty gentrified now. But I also lived in SM. I preferred Venice. SM is the tech capital of SoCal now and it sucks. Bunch of entitled fucking rude ass nerds.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Did your lease include reasonable attorney fees and cost recovery?

I'd honestly have to reread it but I would be surprised if it didn't as we paid a lawyer to write a generic lease agreement for us.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
None of that shit matters

the liberal scum in Cali will always side with the degenerate offender

They see you as someone who can afford

besides. You’re not an elite. So who are you to go charging people rent to live in your property?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
According to Bigly:

203.jpg

"None of that shit matters

the liberal scum in Cali will always side with the degenerate offender

They see you as someone who can afford."

146793069_237525224680743_2779488333893825418_n.jpg

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Fucking jokes, man.

Venice Beach has gone completely into a trainwreck.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️

Fucking jokes, man.

Venice Beach has gone completely into a trainwreck.

I left when Arnold Swastica was governator. I made a killing in real estate after the crash... but was married to a boogie ass biotch of a man. I’ll be aiight tho. I’m conservative with money.

KiNG$LEY♛

Super Dominate Male
+912,305 after taxes.
That's what happens when you own to apartment building outright with little overhead. I spent this year on my Peloton XL and our brand new (10 seater) hot tub. The edges are seared with rounded marble and rare rosewood for steps.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
I’ve lost nothing. We’ve been blessed so far.

I stay humble tho. You never know what tomorrow will bring.

I lost my entire income… but it was willingly…. my aunt who was living in my house passed away last year and the timing was right to move back to Cali. My boyfriend has kids and I didn’t want to make him leave the state to come to Washington. Their mom is here and making him a long distance father didn’t sit well with me…

I’m living on my savings and income from rental investments. But the plan was to tear the whole house down and rent it for an obscene amount of money and instead I’m going to fix up my modest home and enjoy it with him and the kids until they are off to college with the hopes that these pandemic prices come down, which I doubt…

It also helps that he makes good money.

The Countess

Hood with it
Site Supporter
I’m glad you’re a real woman and including his children in your future plans. Too many shady, immature women treating stepkids like shit these days.