I think I'll go to court to fight this traffic ticket.

Larry Loungelizard

I appreciate irony as long as I'm not it's victim.
Yeah, it's the same when Ketanji Brown-Jackson gets $4k for concert tickets and a book deal worth $800k as when Thomas gets $500K for a vacation.
I only posted that just to show Thomas wasn't the only guilty one. As far as I'm concerned, they all should either live with their salaries or leave the court and let actual competent judges get on the bench.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I only posted that just to show Thomas wasn't the only guilty one. As far as I'm concerned, they all should either live with their salaries or leave the court and let actual competent judges get on the bench.

I don't care if any of them write or have a ghost writer write their books. At least they're opening up their life and words to scrutiny.

But homes being paid off, family members being sent to college, vacations, RVs, and who knows what else is beyond the pale.

They are just bought and paid for at that point. Whores. Like most politicians. The SCOTUS is no different.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

What would Tyler Durden Do
Site Supporter ☠️
Yeah, I would prefer that Judges who are supposed to be nonpartisan not accept any gifts due solely to their current job. Having been in a few different industries over the years, I am also well aware that gifting between buyers and sellers or vendors is very common. If the Judges had kept the gifting down to a low level dull roar of a few grand here and there, imo not a big deal. But when by popular opinion the least skilled and most grifty Judge, has netted over 4 Million in "gifts" during his 20 years on the Bench is obscene and he needs to go. And the next most egregious Judges receiving upward of about $15K.

Larry Loungelizard

I appreciate irony as long as I'm not it's victim.
Yeah, I would prefer that Judges who are supposed to be nonpartisan not accept any gifts due solely to their current job. Having been in a few different industries over the years, I am also well aware that gifting between buyers and sellers or vendors is very common. If the Judges had kept the gifting down to a low level dull roar of a few grand here and there, imo not a big deal. But when by popular opinion the least skilled and most grifty Judge, has netted over 4 Million in "gifts" during his 20 years on the Bench is obscene and he needs to go.
Of course, he's probably waiting to see if Trump wins and then he might announce his retirement.