If you do PC gaming...

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
Alienware gaming laptop (2018). Steamdeck (new). Macbook (fairly new) can manage some games.
My gaming desktop died a couple of years ago and I don't feel the need to replace it until the laptop dies too. It lasted 10 years. rip

Kingoffrogs

Apparatus Of Satan
Site Supporter ☠️

Acer Aspire TC-895-UA92 Desktop​

• 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10400 6-Core Processor (Up to 4.3GHz)
  • 12GB 2666MHz DDR4 Memory; 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD; 8X DVD-Writer Double-Layer Drive (DVD-RW)
  • Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX200 802.11ax Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz featuring 2x2 MU-MIMO technology; Bluetooth 5.1; 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
  • 1 - USB 3.2 Type C Gen 1 port (up to 5 Gbps) (Front); 5 - USB 3.2 Gen 1 Ports (1 Front and 4 Rear); 2 - USB 2.0 Ports (Rear); 2 - HDMI Ports

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
What kind of hardware do you have:

My machine is getting old now....

It is an OMEN by HP.

I know a lot of people pride themselves on building their own, which I have done a bunch of times, but I got this on a great sale where the individual components would have cost way more than I paid, mainly because GPU's were overpriced due to crypto miners and the rise in prices was not reflected in the system price.

Asus motherboard.

I forget the power supply, but it is keeping the machine very stable.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz

16Gb RAM

NVidia GeForce GTX 1070 w/8Gb

A 250Gb SSD for my primary drive

2Tb hard drive my my data drive

250Gb SSD where I install games that I am currently playing.

And big ass curved monitor...I think it is 32". Running at 144MHz.

Windows 10 Home

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Seriously guys, I have no idea what makes a build like that so expensive.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Seriously guys, I have no idea what makes a build like that so expensive.

The components.

At what point is your "I am really stupidzzzz!" troll going to end?

Hint: Just because you are not that stupid, does not mean you are smart.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Sorry guys. Poor choice of words. I do that a lot. I meant why would someone pay all that money to play games on it? Is GTA V play better on a PC like that than a Playstation?

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Sorry guys. Poor choice of words.

Why not just take your time and read what you said and make sure it is not fuckin' stupid?

I do that a lot.

I noticed.

I meant why would someone pay all that money to play games on it?

So, you want us to speculate?

Because you do realize that it would have to be speculation because there is an almost 100% chance that nobody here has actually bought a PC like that, right?

Or is this another troll of yours to get into an argument where you cry "Provezzzzz that somebodyzzzzz bought it for those reasonzzzz!!!!"

Is GTA V play better on a PC like that than a Playstation?

You picked a game that was released over 10 years ago?!?!!?!?

I mean, you are just begging to be ridiculed.

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Why not just take your time and read what you said and make sure it is not fuckin' stupid?

I noticed.

So, you want us to speculate?

Because you do realize that it would have to be speculation because there is an almost 100% chance that nobody here has actually bought a PC like that, right?

Or is this another troll of yours to get into an argument where you cry "Provezzzzz that somebodyzzzzz bought it for those reasonzzzz!!!!"

You picked a game that was released over 10 years ago?!?!!?!?

I mean, you are just begging to be ridiculed.
:OhGawd: You poor soul.

OP
OP
RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Alienware gaming laptop (2018). Steamdeck (new). Macbook (fairly new) can manage some games.
My gaming desktop died a couple of years ago and I don't feel the need to replace it until the laptop dies too. It lasted 10 years. rip

I think I'll never get used to gaming on handhelds or laptops. My hands are just too big and I like big screens

OP
OP
RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️

Acer Aspire TC-895-UA92 Desktop​

• 10th Generation Intel Core i5-10400 6-Core Processor (Up to 4.3GHz)
  • 12GB 2666MHz DDR4 Memory; 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD; 8X DVD-Writer Double-Layer Drive (DVD-RW)
  • Intel Wireless Wi-Fi 6 AX200 802.11ax Dual-Band 2.4GHz and 5GHz featuring 2x2 MU-MIMO technology; Bluetooth 5.1; 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN
  • 1 - USB 3.2 Type C Gen 1 port (up to 5 Gbps) (Front); 5 - USB 3.2 Gen 1 Ports (1 Front and 4 Rear); 2 - USB 2.0 Ports (Rear); 2 - HDMI Ports

What, no video card?

I built a 10400f system for a cousin last month, great CPU for gaming. Pair it up with a 3070 and it should be ca great gaming PC.

OP
OP
RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
My machine is getting old now....

It is an OMEN by HP.

I know a lot of people pride themselves on building their own, which I have done a bunch of times, but I got this on a great sale where the individual components would have cost way more than I paid, mainly because GPU's were overpriced due to crypto miners and the rise in prices was not reflected in the system price.

Asus motherboard.

I forget the power supply, but it is keeping the machine very stable.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz

16Gb RAM

NVidia GeForce GTX 1070 w/8Gb

A 250Gb SSD for my primary drive

2Tb hard drive my my data drive

250Gb SSD where I install games that I am currently playing.

And big ass curved monitor...I think it is 32". Running at 144MHz.

Windows 10 Home

That was the same GPU I used until 6 months ago, until I upgraded to a RTX 4070 Galax EX Gamer

I also had a Z-97K with an i7 4790 and 16 Gb DDR3.

So I just used the PSU and the case and got the 4070, a 12700k and a Gigabyte mobo with 32 Gb of RAM. Should last me for at least 10 years

But I just loved the old setup so much, I built another gaming rig with the Z-97 and the i7, I already had the PSU and drives, just got another case. The 1070 I used to build a PC for a cousin and I got a 1080 for the same price he paid for the 1070. I thought about using the 1070 on my 2nd build, but I know for sure it's gonna last for a while, always ran cool, never saw any crypto mining and I never pushed it too hard, so I'd rather make sure he got a card that'll last him a good 3 years than trusting a used one from someone else.

Don't you feel restrained with only 250 Gb of SSD?

Many games will eat 1/2 of that these days.

A game like Ark will consume a whopping 300 Gb

OP
OP
RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
The laptop is hooked up to a monitor and separate keyboard, mouse, and game controller.

That's definitely much better

I thought about getting a gaming laptop instead of a building a new desktop last year, but since I don't travel much, it's preferable to have two rigs, one in the farm and one in the city, so I went for that

Gaming laptops are way too expensive here in Brazoo.

OP
OP
RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
I use consoles so I have no idea. lol

My main issue with consoles is the controllers, how do you play games that need fine aiming or that use 30 keys with a gamepad?

I remember playing a FPS on PS2 20 years ago and it sucked so much, it sent me running back to computers for gaming

OP
OP
RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Just bought two of these yesterday.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

It's actually two PCs

TECHNICAL DETAILS (PRIMARY SYSTEM):​

• Specially customised Phanteks Elite Full-Tower with integrated reservoirs and 8Pack logos
  • Cool interior with LED lighting, cable sleeving and coloured liquid coolant
  • Custom watercooling with EKWB components and three independent custom loops
  • Custom OC & water cooled Intel Core i9-10980XE (Cascade Lake) with 18 Cores (36 Threads!!), 24.75 MB L3 Cache and OC @ min. 4.6 GHz
  • ASUS ROG Rampage 6 Extreme Encore Mainboard (E-ATX) with Intel X299 chipset and LGA 2066/li>
  • Two water cooled NVIDIA RTX 3090 with 24GB GDDR6X VRAM connected in NV-Link for incredible gaming graphical performance, or three water cooled NVIDIA RTX 3090 run independently for computational/rendering operation.
  • Faster and more efficient DDR4-RAM with 128 GB capacity and 3600 MHz clock frequency or 64GB running at 3600MHz
  • 2TB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe-SSD as the primary storage device
  • 2TB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe-SSD as the secondary data storage
  • Huge 14 TB Seagate HDD for tertiary data storage
  • 2.000 Watt Super Flower Leadex 8Pack Edition Power supply with extreme performance & 8Plus Platinum efficiency
  • Perfectly applied Thermal Grizzly Hydronaut thermal compound
  • Additional: Comes with Windows 10 Professional pre-installed

TECHNICAL DETAILS (SECONDARY SYSTEM):​

• Custom water cooled Intel Core i7-10700K (Comet Lake) with 8 cores, 16 MB L3 Cache, and overclocked to at least 5.0 GHz.
  • ASUS ROG Strix Z490I Gaming Motherboard (Mini-ITX)
  • Rapid DDR4-RAM with 32GB capacity at an unbelievable 3600 MHz clock frequency
  • Exceptional graphics card: NVIDIA RTX 3090 with 24GB GDDR6X VRAM
  • Two lightning-quick and reliable Samsung 970 Evo M.2 NVMe SSDs with 2TB, configured in RAID 0 as the primary storage devices
  • A huge 14 TB capacity Samsung HDD for secondary storage
  • Additional: Comes with Windows 10 Professional pre-installed

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
Thanks RM. Unlike Prowler you answered my questions in a mature manner. Thank you.

cw_

> you
Site Supporter ☠️
That's definitely much better

I thought about getting a gaming laptop instead of a building a new desktop last year, but since I don't travel much, it's preferable to have two rigs, one in the farm and one in the city, so I went for that

Gaming laptops are way too expensive here in Brazoo.
Much prefer a desktop.
I travel fairly frequently but I've never travelled with that laptop, cuz weight and being busy touching grass.

vXBYdPz.jpg