I'm getting tired of polly ticks

OP
OP
RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
I've come to the conclusion that you can't convince anyone these days of nothing

If people change their minds, they do it like themselves

I've got a good friend who used to be 100% commie, completely into that crap

All of a sudden, the guy did a 180 in his politics.

I asked him and he simply sad that he's still a communist, but the people that represent the left and the communists here in Brazoo these days are not what they claim to be. And then he mentioned Uruguay's ex-president, Mujica. A leftie who donates his salary to the poor and lives in a simple house, drives a simple car.

In Brazil, Lula, the ex-iron mill worker who convinced everyone he was for the poor and disenfranchised, was spending his days in properties acquired by pure corruption, living large on billions he swindled.

And yet, people still wanna vote for that scumbag. The supreme court of Brazil committed one of the biggest travesties in the history of modern justice and erased all of Lula's crimes so he could be candidate to president again. They even changed the law so he could run again. And if you talk at people, even the poor, only a few say they'll vote for him. Fucking guy can't put his face on the streets, people hate him. And yet, they claim he has a clean path to victory. There's a huge fear that they'll fraud this election. The voting machines are supposed to be "guarded" by our electoral justice (yeah, believe it or not, we have a branch of the judiciary just for the election process) but nobody trusts them, because the ones there today were all appointed by the left government. Same way 9 out of 11 supreme judges today are also lefties.

I hope Brazil takes advantage of the fact that Biden is a pussy and everyone's paying attention to Russia and Ukraine and we finally have a good clean like in 1964.

OP
OP
RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
xTgsTvq.png

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I think a huge part of why convos go nowhere and there is so much hate division is because from a young age we are taught to never discuss politcs or religion.

And that used to be seen as a virtue. People bragged "two things I'll never talk about, politcs and religion!" as if that's a good thing.

Welp.....now we see the fruit of what happens when people dont communicate about important matters.

How the sam fuck do we have a democracy where people pride themselves on how they WONT discuss politcs?

We never did it. And now we dont know HOW to do it. Civil discourse was destroyed because we were all taught to be cowards who wont address difficult topics. It was never a virtue.

It's also not a good thing that people dig heels in and say "well I'm not gonna change your mind and you arent gonna change mine". That's actually disgusting. Iron should sharpen iron. Or the "everyone is entitled to their opinion". Yep....and others are entitled to challange it and if you cant defend it...fucking rethink it ffs. That's how people grow.

And it's the death of us, truly.

Of course we are all gonna get tired and frustrated and sick of trying and retreat back to more comfortable interactions.