I'm Not Liking The Ominous Feeling I'm Getting In Today's World

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I can't speak for anyone else but within the last decade I've been experiencing a truly cold atmosphere among society and in general. I walk down the street and nothing seems friendly anymore. Kids aren't outside playing anymore, their noses are buried in their phones and playgrounds are rotting away due to lack of maintenance. Ten years ago my city was full of life. Now it's a fucking ghost town. The grocery stores are nowhere near as busy due to the high prices resulting from greed. Religiously speaking, I believe that we are experiencing a taste of what the Black Horsemen of the Apocalypse represents.

If someone accused me of feeling this way because I'm depressed, I understand, but the thing is I'm far from depressed. I'm actually a pretty content person. I just have a strange feeling that something truly awful is about to befall all of us on earth and in the very near future. Like 10-20 years from now.

BrothaSwilf

Factory Bastard
you definitely not smoking enough weed. so my advice as a professional nurse of sorts and doctor to many a cockadoodle doos is YOU MUST INCREASE YOUR WEE CONSUMPTION BY 50% or you will suicide thinking about all this bullshit

if that doesn't work increase your drinking alcohol by 100%

if that doesn't work find you any other "candy" and get high on that until you don't think at all anymore.

You're welcome. My bill will be at your door tomorrow. Pay up or die good.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
I think every generation feels they were the last great generation.
Yeah, that's true but I believe that our generation has more reason than the ones before us to believe that we are the last generation. I'm not necessarily talking about the end of humanity, but the feeling of something quite harrowing the we've never experienced in our generation. I can't help but feel it. It's a feeling that I really don't like man. I try to stay positive but I don't know. Something in the world just doesn't feel right to me.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
you definitely not smoking enough weed. so my advice as a professional nurse of sorts and doctor to many a cockadoodle doos is YOU MUST INCREASE YOUR WEE CONSUMPTION BY 50% or you will suicide thinking about all this bullshit

if that doesn't work increase your drinking alcohol by 100%

if that doesn't work find you any other "candy" and get high on that until you don't think at all anymore.

You're welcome. My bill will be at your door tomorrow. Pay up or die good.
I'm going to seek a second opinion, no offense.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I think the internet, and social media, gives people a false sense of "interacting" with others, especially young adults.
It seems people are stuck in their own "virtual" reality.

People need to make an effort to interact with other people. I know getting involved in my gardening class, seeing the same group of people once a week was helpful in keeping me connected to real life.

OP
OP
Alticus

Alticus

Mr. Excitement
Site Supporter ☠️
*Throws laptop at the nearest nigger outside* My God man I will perform Cpr 2.0 on you right now and inject your ass with teh strongest stuff I have. That'll fix all your malfunctions and make your sex demon ta boot
If your "strongest stuff" happens to be insanely high potency CBD oil with LSD, then jam that needle right into my lily white but cheek kind sir.

Larry Loungelizard

I appreciate irony as long as I'm not it's victim.
Let's see here, since the start of the millennium we've had....

The largest terrorist attack of all time
Two wars
Several ridiculous elections
A 'Great' recession
An epidemic
Riots in major cities
A near coup d'etat
And let's not forget that "beer summit"

So, no Alticus, you're not completely off base on your instinct.

Admin.

I'm in jail, send ketchup.
Site Supporter ☠️
Let's see here, since the start of the millennium we've had....

The largest terrorist attack of all time
Two wars
Several ridiculous elections
A 'Great' recession
An epidemic
Riots in major cities
A near coup d'etat
And let's not forget that "beer summit"

So, no Alticus, you're not completely off base on your instinct.
With mild edits here and there your list has been going on a continuous loop throughout history.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
People shit on Gen Z but i love them.

Generation Alpha is going to be terrifying.

But no we are not the last great one. It's just a lot of things are changing.

Admin.

I'm in jail, send ketchup.
Site Supporter ☠️
I think every generation feels they were the last great generation.
636n4Wp.png

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Yeah, that's true but I believe that our generation has more reason than the ones before us to believe that we are the last generation. I'm not necessarily talking about the end of humanity, but the feeling of something quite harrowing the we've never experienced in our generation. I can't help but feel it. It's a feeling that I really don't like man. I try to stay positive but I don't know. Something in the world just doesn't feel right to me.
I don't feel that way at all, but the environment I live in is very different from the US in so many ways. Two of the main ones are that people don't have gun fetishes here and the country does not participate in wars or produce and trade in weapons of war.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Oh, and ALL drugs were decriminalized here in 2001. And there are very few homeless people.
2 of the 5 other issues that cannot be solved. It all bothers me a lot. I have to keep telling myself these things are not fixable in our life time. Acknowledging the mess is the best I can do.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Has Fentanyl (or it's derivatives) arrived in Iberia yet?
I haven't heard anything about it. It may have. But all drug problems seem to be very well handled here. And I haven't heard about fentanyl being commonly used medically like it is in the US. I certainly haven't heard of any deaths from it. And when this kind of thing happens here, it does tend to make the news. They may not be using it because heroin or whatever subsitutes they use for heroin are probably more easily accessed here.

You don't have to be insured to get into a treatment program, and there is no criminal court process for any of it. It changes the whole environment.