I'm sorry, but WTF is this monstrosity?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
There was a movie that came out a looong time ago called "Q: The Winged Serpent" or something like that.

I don't even remember a lot of details it was that long ago but it exists.

I don't know that these gods and goddesses would make for interesting movies actually.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I don't know that these gods and goddesses would make for interesting movies actually.

All I can really remember is that Q was apparently nesting (and eating people LoL) in an elevator shaft at some point?

As I recall it wasn't based on the actual mythology although I have an impression they did throw some references in there. That's what made me think of it.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
All I can really remember is that Q was apparently nesting (and eating people LoL) in an elevator shaft at some point?

As I recall it wasn't based on the actual mythology although I have an impression they did throw some references in there. That's what made me think of it.

Maybe it was supposed to be a comedy. A winged serpent that needs an elevator...who wrote the script, Potato?

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Maybe it was supposed to be a comedy. A winged serpent that needs an elevator...who wrote the script, Potato?

Given the state-of-the-art for special effects back then it probably would be funny today (not unlike the movie Gargoyles which scared the shit out of me as a kid) but it was definitely meant to be a monster/horror movie. That much I remember for sure.

Swamp-Duck

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
1674065274_mn_32.jpg

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter

That's actually very fitting: the sculpture only makes sense from one specific angle and viewed from anywhere else is just a mess... kinda like the narrative of King himself. If you only see King from the establishment perspective you get a certain impression but as soon as you step out of that spot and view him as more than a couple of sound bites the impression changes radically (pun intended).

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
That's actually very fitting: the sculpture only makes sense from one specific angle and viewed from anywhere else is just a mess... kinda like the narrative of King himself. If you only see King from the establishment perspective you get a certain impression but as soon as you step out of that spot and view him as more than a couple of sound bites the impression changes radically (pun intended).
Agreed. They'd have done better if they carved that angle out of a foundation like a Mt Rushmore or something because from any other angle it looks atrocious.

I also agree the entirety of his story has not be told in an effort to deify him in some way, which is understandable as not everyone is as capable of higher thought processes like us. Personally, while certainly immoral, I do find his misdeeds serve in some small way to demonstrate he is human like the rest of us after all. And prefer to judge him, or any man for that matter, by the sum of his greatest sacrifices and accomplishments rather than the sins of his flesh.

And conversely I also think the otherside (ie republicans) are guilty of the same type of pigeon hole reporting in that they consistently only showed the angle which made this look like a penis

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
Agreed. They'd have done better if they carved that angle out of a foundation like a Mt Rushmore or something because from any other angle it looks atrocious.

I also agree the entirety of his story has not be told in an effort to deify him in some way, which is understandable as not everyone is as capable of higher thought processes like us. Personally, while certainly immoral, I do find his misdeeds serve in some small way to demonstrate he is human like the rest of us after all. And prefer to judge him, or any man for that matter, by the sum of his greatest sacrifices and accomplishments rather than the sins of his flesh.

He was useful, even back then, as long as the focus was on non-violence and unity.

But as soon as he ramped up the anti-war rhetoric... well.
History speaks for itself.