Is living in Florida expensive because all the houses and condos keep disappearing down sinkholes?

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
What’s a straw hut used by seamong to hide the children he’s abducted worth?
26 pesos? Lmao

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I’m sure you scoped it out before you moved to FloriDUH Stubby.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
26 pesos it is for the broke hook nose Jew that rapes children. Lol

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
No seamongo. You cannot come to Florida and rape children as much as you desire

That’s your territory Stubby. Must be easy Huh? I wouldn’t be caught dead in that cheap shit hole state.

Did you read the OP? It is not exactly cheap these days.

You’d know. What$ a million buy you in San Diego?

I bought mine for $427,000 and if zillow is to be trusted it is now $1.1m. The rental properties were all bought in the $400k-$500k range. That was years ago though. These days a new house in a good area starts around $2 million but those are going to be three story (1st story is the garage) and the lots are tiny. Better to buy a 1980's or even a 1990's vintage house with a large lot.

Mine was built in 1988, is in a great school district, and the lot is bigger than you would get now days. My lot is only 0.26 of an acre but many of the newer houses are as small as 0.075 acres (the smallest allowed by law). That is a joke.

Last edited:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

That’s your territory Stubby. Must be easy Huh? I wouldn’t be caught dead in that cheap shit hole state.

The nicer ones are in the $3 million price range like this one.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Even a simple nice but not special track homes go for $1.7 to $2. I made the decision to move five miles east as it brought down costs a lot but as a result my house is now paid off. If I had bought in 4S Ranch I'd still owe a million or more.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

I bought mine for $427,000 and if zillow is to be trusted it is now $1.1m. The rental properties were all bought in the $400k-$500k range. That was years ago though. These days a new house in a good area starts around $2 million but those are going to be three story (1st story is the garage) and the lots of tiny. Better to buy a 1980's or even a 1990's vintage house with a large lot.

Mine was built in 1988, is in a great school district, and the lot is bigger than you would get now days. My lot is only 0.26 of an acre but many of the newer houses are as small as 0.075 acres (the smallest allowed by law). That is a joke.
I bought mine for 435,000.00. It's 4300sq ft on 2 acres of land adjacent to a spring fed lake. 6 bedrooms, an office, two living rooms, 4 bathrooms, a media family room with an all marbled countertop kitchen, an Olympic size swimming pool, 16 car driveway and now a gazebo enclosed 8 person whirlpool spa on a 24x24 wood deck I built.

900,000.00 is the least I could get for it and a buddy of mine put one of his houses up for sale down here and it wasn't even on the market for 2 hours and he had 12 bids that were 10% higher than his asking price.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
A friend of mine is currently house shopping in the San Carlos to Burlingame area and prices are unreal. He got pre-approved for $3.7 million in a loan yet pickings are slim at that price and we aren't even talking about very nice homes. I told him he could do much better buying in Granite Bay (greater Sacramento area) since he can work from home four days a week but he is a typical bay area snob and claims only losers would live there.

I asked him if he thought it was odd that people he claimed were losers had houses twice the size of what he was looking at, three to four times the lot size, yet paid half what he is talking about? He kind of shut up about the loser stuff after that. Plus in Granite Bay you can get brand new custom built homes vs some crappy 1950's throw up house that is falling apart.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Good for you Oerdin I built a house pool, and a guest cottage for $179,000. 20 years ago. All concrete and block. Today it’s in that range. What’s really hot here, if the rental market. High season. $650 and up per night. I rent my cottage for a $1200 Per mo. that kids getting a deal too.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Mine was bought in very early 2011 when prices were still depressed from the great recession. The previous owner got foreclosed on by the bank and he had paid $685k for it in 2003 so it was a decent deal to pick up at $427k. Like I said, prices since then have skyrocketed every where.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
So the cottage is where seamongo keeps the kids trapped against their will

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
What’s off the hook, are building materials and the availability . My contractor friends are leaving their proposals open ended for this reason.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
What’s off the hook, are building materials and the availability . My contractor friends are leaving their proposals open ended for this reason.

Yeah, my wife and I briefly considered building a second story but the costs were unreal. We also considered an accessory dwelling unit as those are now allowed but again costs were unreal.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I always know when Biggie has hurt Admin's feelz lmao.. P.S. Get new material ;)
jGHnSHF.jpg

It's interesting that you have the phrase "Get new material" and the name "Biggie" in the same sentence, and yet you don't seem to have made the connection properly.

You know why Big keeps repeating himself?

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
A friend of mine is currently house shopping in the San Carlos to Burlingame area and prices are unreal. He got pre-approved for $3.7 million in a loan yet pickings are slim at that price and we aren't even talking about very nice homes. I told him he could do much better buying in Granite Bay (greater Sacramento area) since he can work from home four days a week but he is a typical bay area snob and claims only losers would live there.

I asked him if he thought it was odd that people he claimed were losers had houses twice the size of what he was looking at, three to four times the lot size, yet paid half what he is talking about? He kind of shut up about the loser stuff after that. Plus in Granite Bay you can get brand new custom built homes vs some crappy 1950's throw up house that is falling apart.

Good grief. I cant stand people like that. Area code snobs.

Hey I was gonna ask you about something. I'll just do it here because it's about real estate.

So my husband is mentoring a guy who got through the year program (he is a recovering addict. Mentoring is kinda like NA/AA sponsorship).

This guy has this thing he is gonna try doing. It's basically driving around looking for crap houses that require flipping. Agreeing to buy it. Getting the purchase agreement and then selling it to investors. He says you dont have to buy the houses...you are just selling paper.

WTF is this shit? Is this a thing? Because this guy is PUMPED and it feels like some sort of male MLM shit lol.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Flipping can be very profitable but it is hard to do right without losing your shirt. I prefer going long and renting it out long term. Also, interest rates are going up, Dems are trying to not do it until after the election, but with inflation this high and going higher they will have to raise interest rates. That means borrowing costs are going up and that should soften the market especially in not red hot markets.

Even a modest flip is going to need $40k-$80k to fix it up, most flippers get an outsized loan to cover those costs, but right now there is a shortage of construction workers and building materials, so it will cost more and take longer to complete the flip. That means the holding costs will also go up because the flipper still has to pay the mortgage even if he hasn't finished rehabbing and selling it. So this is a risky game unless you are in a red hot market.

Next knowing what needs to be fixed vs is a waste of money and won't raise the sale price takes experience. I see a lot of bad flips. Down the street some fool lost his shirt on an attempted flip. His stuff was tacky and poorly done he bought the property for $1.1, did a shitty job redecorating with the cheapest shit he could find, then thought he would sell it for $1.6. It sat on the market for five months in a market where usually houses sell in one to two days. He eventually SD it for $1.2 which means he lost money on the deal.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Flipping can be very profitable but it is hard to do right without losing your shirt. I prefer going long and renting it out long term. Also, interest rates are going up, Dems are trying to not do it until after the election, but with inflation this high and going higher they will have to raise interest rates. That means borrowing costs are going up and that should soften the market especially in not red hot markets.

Even a modest flip is going to need $40k-$80k to fix it up, most flippers get an outsized loan to cover those costs, but right now there is a shortage of construction workers and building materials, so it will cost more and take longer to complete the flip. That means the holding costs will also go up because the flipper still has to pay the mortgage even if he hasn't finished rehabbing and selling it. So this is a risky game unless you are in a red hot market.

Next knowing what needs to be fixed vs is a waste of money and won't raise the sale price takes experience. I see a lot of bad flips. Down the street some fool lost his shirt on an attempted flip. His stuff was tacky and poorly done he bought the property for $1.1, did a shitty job redecorating with the cheapest shit he could find, then thought he would sell it for $1.6. It sat on the market for five months in a market where usually houses sell in one to two days. He eventually SD it for $1.2 which means he lost money on the deal.

No no he isnt flipping.

He is getting purchase agreements and selling them for profit.

Like he agrees to buy some shitty border up house, gets the purchase agreement but instead of signing it and buying the house he is selling that to investors who flip.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Ahh, yes, that is viable and common. Basically, he has investors lined up who will buy the units and he gets a finders fee. A lot of people do that.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Yep. I mostly see realtors do that as they know buyers and are constantly looking at units for sale. Anyone can do it though as long as they have buyers lined up.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is just a finder's fee. They find good deals, line up the deal, then hand it off to the investors they already know. It is a service.

There are some pitfalls and many owners won't sign anything with these guys because they already have dozens of offers any way. But some will sign such an agreement.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
The question you pose is interesting.

I find it hysterically funny that Flrodia is now expensive. Something is way the fuck off in that country of yours!!!!
My daughter and son in law just built an $800,000 house and its already worth 1 million. Why? Droves of people fed up with the hell people like you created in libtard California. Tennessee is in the same boat.

It’s no secret, $800,000 doesnt buy shit these days.
4600 sq ft, 2 story, 4 bedroom, 3 bath , 3 car garage, pool, spa, 10 minutes from Disney World, new development, not shit? LOL!

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

The Goat
Site Supporter ☠️

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter
OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

The Goat
Site Supporter ☠️
I always know when Biggie has hurt Admin's feelz lmao.. P.S. Get new material ;)
jGHnSHF.jpg

It's interesting that you have the phrase "Get new material" and the name "Biggie" in the same sentence, and yet you don't seem to have made the connection properly.

You know why Big keeps repeating himself?
Because he's in a partial coma?
The irony

lolz
the-results-are-i5vfpw.jpg

Stubby is KO'd in the 2nd round! Ha ha ha at Stubby.