June 9th, The hearing begins.

Admin.

The Flying Fickle Finger Of Fate.
Site Supporter ☠️
286460992_1407353576436345_4710752299046003204_n.jpg

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Seeing how I'm retired, and sometimes a little selfish, I want them to start much earlier than 5 pm pst. I know why they're having them after most people are home from work, but still...

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
Seeing how I'm retired, and sometimes a little selfish, I want them to start much earlier than 5 pm pst. I know why they're having them after most people are home from work, but still...
Same, some nights I'm nodding off when it's still light outside, but I'd still like to get a sense of tone and gravitas this hearing is presented with.

OP
OP
Admin.

Admin.

Site Supporter ☠️
While every channel claiming to impart "The News" will be showing tonight's hearings, Faux Nooze will be airing a deep dive expose about how Obama's Tan Suit almost brought down the Republic.

_77245694_485741043.jpg

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
Same, some nights I'm nodding off when it's still light outside,
.What the heck is wrong with you two?
This is the time of your life. You can stay up as late as you like.
.When I get up and the clock says 9:14 it's like I'm saying.
I WON BAYBEEEE !
.Then you have a leisurely coffee while reading news and checking the weather report, then a nice peaceful breakfast, and you stretch a bit and decide if you want to hike or fish or head to the archery range or just break out the hammock and read a nice book while watching the birds as the sun warms you and the pleasant breezes cool you etc.

. Then, when all that is done, you head home and watch/listen to the hearings while keeping track of the ballgame.

...and, you would not want conservatives, especially trumptarded ones, to miss the opportunity to come face to face with the facts of their traitorous doings.

1Holliday1

Banned
Banned
New facts?
Alternative FACTS!

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

No record of the request
A government memo about the events leading up to Jan. 6, statements from Pelosi’s office and the Pentagon and testimony from the former House sergeant-at-arms show Trump did not request 10,000 troops ahead of the rally.

Drew Hammill, Pelosi's spokesperson, told USA TODAY that Pelosi’s office was not consulted or contacted regarding any request for the National Guard ahead of Jan. 6, and he noted the speaker of the House does not have the power to reject that type of request.

Claims that Pelosi was in charge of Capitol security on Jan. 6 have been previously
. The Capitol Police are
the Capitol Police Board and committees from the Senate and House of Representatives.

CLAIM: House Speaker Nancy Pelosi blocked the National Guard from coming to the Capitol during the Jan. 6 insurrection.

AP’S ASSESSMENT: False. As Speaker of the House, Pelosi does not direct the National Guard. Further, as the Capitol came under attack, she and the Senate Majority leader called for military assistance, including the National Guard.

THE FACTS: On Tuesday, a false claim about the deadly Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol resurfaced suggesting that Pelosi blocked the National Guard from coming to lawmakers’ defense during the insurrection at the Capitol.

“@SpeakerPelosi, why did you block the National Guard from protecting the Capitol?” Indiana Rep. Jim Banks tweeted.

Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy posed a similar question on Fox News saying, “Was there a decision by the Speaker not to have the National Guard at the Capitol that day?”

The answer is no.

“On January 6th, the Speaker, a target of an assassination attempt that day, was no more in charge of Capitol security than Mitch McConnell was. This is a clear attempt to whitewash what happened on January 6th and divert blame,” Drew Hammill, a spokesperson for Pelosi told The Associated Press in an email.

The decision on whether to call National Guard troops to the Capitol is made by what is known as the Capitol Police Board, which is made up of the House Sergeant at Arms, the Senate Sergeant at Arms and the Architect of the Capitol. The board decided not to call the guard ahead of the insurrection but did eventually request assistance after the rioting had already begun, and the troops arrived several hours later.

etc etc. You know, when you repeat a lie, no matter how many times, it's still a lie.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
I did my civic duty as a die-hard fan and student of democracy and watched the hearing yesterday. As a Canadian citizen, I am now officially more and better informed than 33% of the American electorate.