Just ordered my Easter ham from The Source of Pigmeat

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
I think I found the ham for me.

Broadbent Hickory Smoked Grand Champion Country Ham

Broadbent Grand Champion uncooked country hams are cured the old-fashioned way, each hand rubbed with our own special cure, aged longer than most anyone else, then hickory smoked to perfection. Complete cooking, carving and serving instructions included.

Servings: Aprox. 46-4 oz. servings

$80 plus shipping isn't bad.

I noticed you didn't choose a spiral ham. My guy doesn't like the pre-cut spiral hams, finds them too dry.

Same.

Spiral hams are good for when there's a large gathering, imo. People can easily self-serve. Otherwise, I'm okay with traditional hams.

I agree, "convenient", but I'd rather break out my electric carving knife and serve up some juicy meat lol.

My electric carving knife is prolly my favorite kitchen Power Tool lol.

My son loves it when I make him ham rolls, made with those sweet Hawaiian rolls. I use to make them for him every year for his birthday.

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
I'm a big fan of the way Cubans cook their pork

and a good Cuban sandwich is amazing. Especially when the ham is done just right

SHAMPAIN

Vape Nation
Site Supporter ☠️
Looks good! Although IMO you cannot beat Ramsey's bacon and ham! Nothing to do with Gordon but he uses it and has it shipped worldwide so do Heston Blumenthal and other famous chefs... It hails from a small town (Carluke) which is luckily for me only 3 miles away! delicious!
qGniLmW.jpg

0VVxk5k.jpg

Scottish breakfast
gqRHWEU.jpg

I had these recently
szeeKuo.jpg

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I have to admit that smoked Ayrshire streaky bacon looks good. My dad, aunt, and grandparents were all from Ayrshire. Kilmarnock.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The shipping will be pricey, but it's an annual indulgence for me and mine. When I lived back in the Ozarks, traveling to Nashville I never missed a chance to stop off in W KY and load up on their pork products, there is nobody better than these folks. Link below to their site.

They only ship on Monday and Tuesday, so I'm having them wait a week and ship on Monday the 11th. And I'm sorry for all you offshore people, they don't ship internationally, but @deport_liberals , @LotusBud , @Gallium , @Frood if you can get to the site you can at least get yer Drool on.

Unfortunately I have a meat allergy. Eating any red meat literally gives me the shits. I can’t even trust a fart in public if I’ve had too much dairy.

Sadly, the overall environment is so fucking toxic these days and the food supply is so industrialized, that a growing proportion of us humans are developing all kinds of allergies and syndromes. Thankfully I can still eat higher on the food chain.
Mine was viral from a tick bite. The tick had finished its 1st molt and injected part of it’s previous meal (another animal host) into me, it’s second host. It’s a lifetime affliction but I’m building up a tolerance slowly.
My mother in law suffers from Alphagal too. She cant eat garlic or onions either. No beef. No pork. She would get hives and pass out.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
The shipping will be pricey, but it's an annual indulgence for me and mine. When I lived back in the Ozarks, traveling to Nashville I never missed a chance to stop off in W KY and load up on their pork products, there is nobody better than these folks. Link below to their site.

They only ship on Monday and Tuesday, so I'm having them wait a week and ship on Monday the 11th. And I'm sorry for all you offshore people, they don't ship internationally, but @deport_liberals , @LotusBud , @Gallium , @Frood if you can get to the site you can at least get yer Drool on.

Unfortunately I have a meat allergy. Eating any red meat literally gives me the shits. I can’t even trust a fart in public if I’ve had too much dairy.

Sadly, the overall environment is so fucking toxic these days and the food supply is so industrialized, that a growing proportion of us humans are developing all kinds of allergies and syndromes. Thankfully I can still eat higher on the food chain.
Mine was viral from a tick bite. The tick had finished its 1st molt and injected part of it’s previous meal (another animal host) into me, it’s second host. It’s a lifetime affliction but I’m building up a tolerance slowly.
My mother in law suffers from Alphagal too. She cant eat garlic or onions either. No beef. No pork. She would get hives and pass out.
I passed out initially. The beginning of anaphylaxis. The rash comes about if I have another tick bite. It’s a curse, but the diet of seafood and chicken is beneficial for overall health.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

I passed out initially. The beginning of anaphylaxis. The rash comes about if I have another tick bite. It’s a curse, but the diet of seafood and chicken is beneficial for overall health.
Can you eat garlic and onions?

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Of course. The garlic and onion allergy of hers would be totally separate. Chilli and alcohol act as accelerators with a meat allergy. And the worst cuts of meat are the sections with a lot of fat.

RANCIDMILKO ™ ®©

Ceedoobie's #1 Fan
Site Supporter ☠️
Many of the cold cuts in America can't be found it here

Like roast beef. Usually people do it at home if they want, can't find it anywhere and when you do, expensive AF

We do have Pata Negra, which I believe is forbidden in the US

But I'm not ready to pay that much money for 15 pounds of ham, no way

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Of course. The garlic and onion allergy of hers would be totally separate. Chilli and alcohol act as accelerators with a meat allergy. And the worst cuts of meat are the sections with a lot of fat.
Weird. Her doctor/allergist says the garlic and onion problems are connected to the meat allergy.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Weird. Her doctor/allergist says the garlic and onion problems are connected to the meat allergy.
Specific to her maybe. My allergist made the actual link worldwide. She lives here in Sydney. Professor Sheryl Van Nunan. Cost me bloody $500.00 just for the diagnosis. I have diagnosed many others by going off their symptoms, and saving them the money themselves. Ask her what her allergy markers are at. It’s out of 6, where 6 is the most severe. Mine is around 3.

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter

Specific to her maybe. My allergist made the actual link worldwide. She lives here in Sydney. Professor Sheryl Van Nunan. Cost me bloody $500.00 just for the diagnosis. I have diagnosed many others by going off their symptoms, and saving them the money themselves. Ask her what her allergy markers are at. It’s out of 6, where 6 is the most severe. Mine is around 3.
They must be pretty high because last month, the doctor changed his mind on adding anything back to her diet. She lives on a farm and there's ticks galore. I doubt she'll ever be able to eat any of what she used to for the rest of her life.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

They must be pretty high because last month, the doctor changed his mind on adding anything back to her diet. She lives on a farm and there's ticks galore. I doubt she'll ever be able to eat any of what she used to for the rest of her life.
I would be curious to know what her count is. I didn’t touch mammalian meat for three solid years before I could even stomach a morsel. Dairy products like milk and yogurt were the first animal byproducts that I started reintroducing into my diet.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
In ham related news, hopefully the U.S. Supreme Court throws out California's god awful proposition 12 which tries to fuck up interstate commerce. Then maybe bacon prices won't be so ungodly expense in this state.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Weird. I cut and pasted A link to a specific article but the link sends people to trending news. What gives?

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Many of the cold cuts in America can't be found it here

Like roast beef. Usually people do it at home if they want, can't find it anywhere and when you do, expensive AF

We do have Pata Negra, which I believe is forbidden in the US

But I'm not ready to pay that much money for 15 pounds of ham, no way

One of my offspring loves Serrano ham. I was shopping online at Costco and ran across a Serrano ham. I had it delivered as a surprise.

The day the got it I got the call "Mom, I love it, but what in the world am I going to do with all this ham?" I said share with your in-laws, neighbors, friends...lmao

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
images
we had this last year

Thats how you do it!!!!!

Pineapple slices on it, then mix the pineapple juice and a cup of brown sugar, and pour that over all of it!

:Whooot:

Reactions: X

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
I've always found it funny that pork is the meat people eat traditionally on the Sunday we recognize the risen Christ. Celebrate the NC by eating all the stuff banned by the OC lol.

We dont do pork at all. Not for religious reasons, it's not sinful for Christian's to eat pork. We just dont like it and i dont like to eat anything that eats the stuff pigs eat.

So we do lamb on Resurrection Sunday.

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Yep. The solid ones. I always felt cheated if they were hollow