Living without GPS

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Today, I had to go to another community about an hour away, I know a little bit about, but not a whole lot. I hadn't charged my phone properly at home and the guy hadn't either...and then our charger wasn't working properly. I think the cable is done. Damn it all, we were lost getting to the places we needed to go.

The man says we lost 20 minutes, I'm thinking at least 45...it was a pain in the ass. I felt as if my hands were tied. I don't know what i would have done had I not known the area at all.

I guess I remember the Thomas Guide way back when...

OP
OP
Lily

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
So now it isn't just the fellas who refuse to pull over and ask for directions?
Wow, times *have* changed. LoL

Okay, that was a good one.

I wasn't alone. I say west, he says east and then mansplains...and I've decided that sometimes I just have to let go and let him learn his lesson. I generally have a good sense of direction...but he was an Eagle Scout you know...lol Funny you should mention asking for directions. I insisted we should...these two gentlemen told him where we were headed to was east of where we were. I told 'em, I told him...They laughed and one of them said "Just listen to them, they generally know what the hell is going on."

*sigh* Oh well, we just lost a bit of time, all's well that ends well.

Garraty_47

Mutants Rule!
Site Supporter
I've been there too as far as the "fine we'll go this way but don't blame me when we have to turn around." thing.

Sometimes I was even right. lulz

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Prior to GPS, my hub used to pull over and ask for directions repeatedly, and we'd get conflicting directions from different sources and end up going all over the fucking place. He would not look at a map. I have always loved reading maps and hate gps because you lose context with it. I use it, of course, it's easier, especially in a windy-street country like Portugal. But I bought a Michelin map anyway.