New here.... just sayin'

Mr. Whipple

brilliantly insane
Site Supporter
I finally quit after several attempts , once I quit cold turkey for 4 years but started again. Chantix worked for me , 8 years now and counting.
images

Damaged Maven

A little older and a little stupider than most.
Site Supporter
I'm on my 2nd try with the chantix, and the Goddess is starting it tomorrow. I know from experience that things are going to get very strange at chez nous, but if it works, selah.

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
I've never used it, but I researched it. (Which is why I never used it, lol)

Ambien is another one. Have a friend who tried that and ended up totally fucking up his life. Pretty hefty side effect.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
I'm on my 2nd try with the chantix, and the Goddess is starting it tomorrow. I know from experience that things are going to get very strange at chez nous, but if it works, selah.

Do/did you or the goddess smoke in the house ?

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter

Do/did you or the goddess smoke in the house ?
Never in the house. I wouldn't let my da smoke in my house either, and he was an intimidating motherfucker.

skinofevil

Undeniably Plausible
Site Supporter
I would strongly recommend switching to vaping over Chantix. How many cigarettes do you smoke per day, so I can gauge your daily nicotine intake?

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
Between the Gooddess and I, the ashtray is frequently full. I use two inhalers and an emergency puffer, and so does she. And so the need for desperate measures. I have a juul stick, which literally stinks, and two months of chantix. We're both quitting by christmas.

OP
OP

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter
My Doc once told me that if lifetime smokers want any benefits by quitting smoking then they have to do it before the age of 50..
I quit when I was 46 and many of my old coworkers who were younger but never quit are now planted with dandelions growing about six feet above them.

Damaged Maven

Site Supporter
Your lungs have an appreciable improvement after just a few weeks smoke free. Not to say the damage is undone, but your chances get better. Heart disease, though, is irreparable.

OP
OP

Ice

Cold as Ice
Site Supporter
Quitting is a bitch but that is something that you decide..

Dying is also a bitch (I'm only guessing on that one) But either you do or you don't do. What feeling is stronger?

Smoke or Quit.... I hope you find the strength to quit.

rigor79

missing siamese eyes.
Site Supporter
Between the Gooddess and I, the ashtray is frequently full. I use two inhalers and an emergency puffer, and so does she. And so the need for desperate measures. I have a juul stick, which literally stinks, and two months of chantix. We're both quitting by christmas.

good idea .. i'm quitting cigarette's by 2020 too .. only weed when i can .. that's it ..

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
Well my intro Thread sure did get derailed lol.. :LOL1:

But that's ok if we get someone off of cigs..:CooL:

I decited to quit on 5/1/2020 and if for nothing else will save a few $$$$ and so far not to bad- - - - - -

PS - Just the smell of cigs on other people is enough to find the power to quit !!!