Old DV to file on a modern computer with an average av card...

OP
OP
Frood

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
There's a stand alone unit with its own battery and lcd screen that allows transfer of any cassette style video onto an SD card or through to a connected computer. That makes more sense for me....

I gotta bnib firewire card I bought way back when and never used it. Still got the box the card the cord & the cd installer disk.

Do you want it?

Ya'D have to pay for the shipping and postage tho.

Ya need an empty pci slot & the drivers were made fer windows xp. So not sure if there any recent drivers for this product.

Thanks but I had a unit built last year and it's very bundled up/tweaked.... would be a huge headache getting it to work.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
@Joe You should get this one.

It is green.

60CB89AC-1E36-416C-BC9C-51DECF2FBF12.jpeg

The Scoundrel

Total Twat
Don't know whether it's of any help but back in the day in studios we used to use Betamax as a digital master copy. Maybe it's easier to convert Betamax to a PC?

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
There's a stand alone unit with its own battery and lcd screen that allows transfer of any cassette style video onto an SD card or through to a connected computer. That makes more sense for me....

I gotta bnib firewire card I bought way back when and never used it. Still got the box the card the cord & the cd installer disk.

Do you want it?

Ya'D have to pay for the shipping and postage tho.

Ya need an empty pci slot & the drivers were made fer windows xp. So not sure if there any recent drivers for this product.

Thanks but I had a unit built last year and it's very bundled up/tweaked.... would be a huge headache getting it to work.

Oh just thought I'D offer it to you.

It's never been used but it'd likely work on your son's old computer.

Tell ya the truth I still gotta old dell win xp computer that i'm planning to revive. It's down now cuz it needs a video card.

In all honesty I don't see any improvement between those Old pcs from 15 years ago @Harry McKnackers.

All them programs I used back then still work fine.

Windows xp was really good. They should a just made windows xp 64 bit and kept updating eh?

Even win 7 seemed to have a Lotta problems

People don't throw out the old dell computers cuz they still work. Mine worked just like a good Apple Computer. It was seamless fast and bug free.