Factory Bastard
Pete Rose…

If you don’t bet against you team, there should be no rule against betting WTF

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Pete Rose…

If you don’t bet against you team, there should be no rule against betting WTF

A manager should not be allowed to bet on his team. A manager has to think about winning the most number of games, not just the current game. A manager could make a decision to help win the current game (that he bet on) that will hurt the team in the longer term.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Aside from his shady gambling activities, cheating on his wife Rose was a somewhat dirty player.Many never forgot how he deliberately ran over all star catcher Ray Fosse:

Rose injured the catcher and severely injured his shoulder

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
Aside from his shady gambling activities, cheating on his wife Rose was a somewhat dirty player.Many never forgot how he deliberately ran over all star catcher Ray Fosse:

Rose injured the catcher and severely injured his shoulder

Rose gets praise from most people for running over the catcher in that situation, Senile @Joe.

Admin.

Shake it off.
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
ceLwYgM.png

Place a bet for Pete!

Murdy

Louie the Love Nugget’s Mom
Site Supporter
Factory Bastard
He never bet against his own team.

How is that illegal???? Fuck you, that’s true America bitch.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
He never bet against his own team.

How is that illegal???? Fuck you, that’s true America bitch.
A manager should not be allowed to bet on his team. A manager has to think about winning the most number of games, not just the current game. A manager could make a decision to help win the current game (that he bet on) that will hurt the team in the longer term.

Anyone who does not understand this just might be stupid.

The Prowler

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
I have hit pitches in the low 90's.

That is The Truth.

I do not know exactly what my batting average is against pitchers that throw that hard, but I would estimate that it is around .300.

My focus against pitching like that is just to get the fat part of the bat on the ball. I might take a healthy cut for the first strike, but after that I just want good contact.

I should say that the low 90's pitching that I saw was done by old school radar guns that took the speed near the plate. I think I heard that the new method is to take the speed right near the pitcher's release point, and that the ball slows down 4-5 mph by the time it gets to the plate.

So I might have actually hit pitching in the mid-90's using today's methods.

Joe

Factory Bastard
Factory Bastard
That is The Truth.

I do not know exactly what my batting average is against pitchers that throw that hard, but I would estimate that it is around .300.

My focus against pitching like that is just to get the fat part of the bat on the ball. I might take a healthy cut for the first strike, but after that I just want good contact.

I should say that the low 90's pitching that I saw was done by old school radar guns that took the speed near the plate. I think I heard that the new method is to take the speed right near the pitcher's release point, and that the ball slows down 4-5 mph by the time it gets to the plate.

So I might have actually hit pitching in the mid-90's using today's methods.
.300 In a beer league worth maybe. 0125 in the majors or Pro ball @The Prowler.

If that. I'll bet you couldn't even hit a foul ball against a professional pitcher

Heck I'd wager that Tom Selleck woulda made a better player n you.

He could still whack em outta the park against MLB pitchers in his 40s eh?

But unlike you he played baseball at a varsity level for a tier 1 University team

Last edited: