"Pointless nastiness has soured the art of trolling"

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Who makeß the stàndàrď .. whère ìs it learnt and how were these "Troll" class assessments determined, seems like a pretty big blanket CLASSification..

Good thing this articles merit chimes in so deafening that its sheer magnitude of knowledge in the "Art of the troll" should be documented and noted as the new standard in the troll awareness..

Lets be sure to gear direction push the hair twirling trolls up onto their acceptable soap box as this article states the narrative on this and forces regulatory opinion from 4Chan poppycock.

Can someone post that class list again of all the kinds of trolls these troll "scientists" have determined are the acting body

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Ok so I have trolled a few times during my online career…

But my biggest troll was on men in general. My ex husband had his suspicions about my inheritance, but my property is in a trust and will remain that way.

I lied about being a trust fund baby way back on TV… but honestly, I won’t see a dime until my father passes and I’m not even sure how much commercial real estate he owns at this point… but I didn’t tell anyone that I inherited my grandparent’s home until I was sure I was with the right man.

And now I’m retired at 44. I worked because that was the example I wanted to set for my children before they were off to college. My job now is brining this house back to life and being a good partner to my boyfriend, who is also successful and stands to inherit some pretty impressive property.

So… MONOPOLY beeeesh! eat your hearts out boys! LoL

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
Types-of-Internet-Trolls-696x3529.jpg

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
What does Locustbug know about good trolling?

She wears her misguided heart on her sleeve and gets pummelled for it almost daily.

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
Who makeß the stàndàrď .. whère ìs it learnt and how were these "Troll" class assessments determined, seems like a pretty big blanket CLASSification..

Good thing this articles merit chimes in so deafening that its sheer magnitude of knowledge in the "Art of the troll" should be documented and noted as the new standard in the troll awareness..

Lets be sure to gear direction push the hair twirling trolls up onto their acceptable soap box as this article states the narrative on this and forces regulatory opinion from 4Chan poppycock.

Can someone post that class list again of all the kinds of trolls these troll "scientists" have determined are the acting body

It's not really about "trolling" so much as its slamming those with dissenting views who get colorful.

Leftwingies tend to label anyone a troll who argues with them and they get rather hysterical when someone name calls back.

That's more what this article is talking about.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

I'm the standard...

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
This is far from artful.. Nice try though ..

It's not a troll, so, there's that.
Merely your opinion to me this is just hateful class shaming on common troll practices

Huh?

class·ism
/ˈklasˌizəm/

noun
  1. prejudice against or in favor of people belonging to a particular social class.
    "they are told to be on watch against the evils of classism"

Thanks. I do know what classism is. But wtf was your post trying to say? It's classist to think nastiness is lowbrow? Are you serious?

the-dude-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.gif

thats-just-like-your-opinion-man_1_.gif

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

It's not really about "trolling" so much as its slamming those with dissenting views who get colorful.

Leftwingies tend to label anyone a troll who argues with them and they get rather hysterical when someone name calls back.

Actually, it's more about viciousness vs cleverness. Viciousness is just not a winning troll. And it does not single out the left for being bad at this. It singles out anyone from either side who posts attacks that have no meaning other than to be nasty.

"But most of the trolling done online today, particularly by groups that are labeled part of the “alt-right,” doesn’t have any purpose or deeper meaning. For the most part, it’s just offensive. It is arguably distinct from the internet shenanigans of groups like anonymous or 4chan, which dominated the mainstream understanding of “trolling” just one or two election cycles ago. As political culture and internet culture have become increasingly intertwined, mainstream media outlets have become more likely to spot and amplify the offensive behavior that characterizes the fringes of American politics."

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️

Actually, it's more about viciousness vs cleverness. Viciousness is just not a winning troll. And it does not single out the left for being bad at this. It singles out anyone from either side who posts attacks that have no meaning other than to be nasty.

"But most of the trolling done online today, particularly by groups that are labeled part of the “alt-right,” doesn’t have any purpose or deeper meaning. For the most part, it’s just offensive. It is arguably distinct from the internet shenanigans of groups like anonymous or 4chan, which dominated the mainstream understanding of “trolling” just one or two election cycles ago. As political culture and internet culture have become increasingly intertwined, mainstream media outlets have become more likely to spot and amplify the offensive behavior that characterizes the fringes of American politics."

Interesting article, Lotes.

I agree there's a yuge difference between being witty or clever and being nasty for the sake of being nasty.

Telling someone to "go die in a fire," say, isn't particularly "artful." To me, people who do this are signalling that the quiver of their imagination is empty.

Getting a rise out of a target, when done intentionally while remaining pleasant and quippy, is indeed fast becoming a lost art. There was once a tradition (here expressed in the film
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
) that considered weaponized wit and humour as a useful tool for survival in the courts of regents and monarchs.

To be successful and artful at this, you must embrace, and give voice to, your Inner Passive-Aggressive Class Clown. You're at the top of your game when your target can't decide whether you've just insulted them or thrown them a bouquet of roses (when, in fact, you've just done both, in the hopes that a thorn will also draw blood).

One of my exes was a master at this kind of subtle equivocation. She worked for a number of years as Chief of Cabinet for a prominent politician and she once told me that her job essentially consisted of making members of the public think or believe that she just told them "yes" when she actually said "no."

Trolling is a harder art to master than is flaming (where Biggie-style word salad text walls pass for wit).

I don't troll much. But I'm trying to learn.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

I agree there's a yuge difference between being witty or clever and being nasty for the sake of being nasty.

Telling someone to "go die in a fire," say, isn't particularly "artful." To me, people who do this are signalling that the quiver of their imagination is empty.

Getting a rise out of a target, when done intentionally while remaining pleasant and quippy, is indeed fast becoming a lost art. There was once a tradition (here expressed in the film
) that considered weaponized wit and humour as a useful tool for survival in the courts of regents and monarchs.

To be successful and artful at this, you must embrace, and give voice to, your Inner Passive-Aggressive Class Clown. You're at the top of your game when your target can't decide whether you've just insulted them or thrown them a bouquet of roses (when, in fact, you've just done both, in the hopes that a thorn will also draw blood).

One of my exes was a master at this kind of subtle equivocation. She worked for a number of years as Chief of Cabinet for a prominent politician and she once told me that her job essentially consisted of making members of the public think or believe that she just told them "yes" when she actually said "no."

Trolling is a harder art to master than is flaming (where Biggie-style word salad text walls pass for wit).

Don’t overthink it Bert! Some wear their hearts on their sleeves like my mate @Harry McKnackers describing LotusBottom. Others are complete alter-egos that try to escape the mundane daily grind of work, coming here to let off some steam. Each to their own. I find uptight, condescending characters to be as boring as batshit particularly on a forum such as Bastard Factory. People like yourself and @Levon aka fuck_face...so get fucked! Lol

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️
Must be hard to lead the kind of life that exerts so much pressure that being a gleefully nasty cunt on BF becomes the remedy of choice.

You have my sympathies, BrokeBalls.

Murdy

Queenie Weenie
Site Supporter ☠️
Good trolling is an art form… taking your opponent to the edge and suspending them there while garnishing a good laugh for all readers was the optimum goal.

There was a code when I started way back when which heavily frowned upon usage of personal information and threats of bodily harm or death. You were PWNED or owned by the poster who pushed you to resort to such antics. Blocking a poster, posting screen shots of PMs and/or text messages was also a guaranteed win against any poster who resorted to these antics and was also supported by the forum community. The culprit was dog piled for such behavior. They became a social pariah if it didn’t stop and the term meltdown was applicable in these instances.

But there was a HUGE surge in the forum community over a decade ago of PI rapists scouring social media platforms for photos and intel to blast their opponents in an attempt to dox them from the internet forum community. I will personally no longer invite any posters into my real life outside of the forums as a result of the more despicable recent efforts we have all watched bleed out like a bad disease.

My hope for BF is that we form an actual community here so we can get back to actual trolling…. But I doubt it lol

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
Good trolling is an art form… taking your opponent to the edge and suspending them there while garnishing a good laugh for all readers was the optimum goal.

There was a code when I started way back when which heavily frowned upon usage of personal information and threats of bodily harm or death. You were PWNED or owned by the poster who pushed you to resort to such antics. Blocking a poster, posting screen shots of PMs and/or text messages was also a guaranteed win against any poster who resorted to these antics and was also supported by the forum community. The culprit was dog piled for such behavior. They became a social pariah if it didn’t stop and the term meltdown was applicable in these instances.

But there was a HUGE surge in the forum community over a decade ago of PI rapists scouring social media platforms for photos and intel to blast their opponents in an attempt to dox them from the internet forum community. I will personally no longer invite any posters into my real life outside of the forums as a result of the more despicable recent efforts we have all watched bleed out like a bad disease.

My hope for BF is that we form an actual community here so we can get back to actual trolling…. But I doubt it lol

You must be talking about the Farm Leagues. What you've said doesn't correlate with earlier time frames and better competition.

It's still cute that you thought you could speak about the art of troll from a position of experience or authority...

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Except, "die in a fire" as phrases go has historical gravitas the same as "there's an eel in my hovercraft", "yayyy, me!", "Iam", "sorry about your penis", "I will not fuck you", "you crossed the line dude", and countless others...

Not your fault for not always picking up on it though...

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
And yet Flynn is an awesome read according to you.

But that's more than likely because she spits her redundant tripe at posters who have pulled your pigtails in the sandbox at one point or another.

#transparent

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Except, "die in a fire" as phrases go has historical gravitas the same as "there's an eel in my hovercraft", "yayyy, me!", "Iam", "sorry about your penis", "I will not fuck you", "you crossed the line dude", and countless others...

Why’s he so uptight though...does he have something to prove? Perhaps vying to be moderator one day so he can put the Ban Hammer into motion?

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

Why’s he so uptight though...does he have something to prove? Perhaps vying to be moderator one day so he can put the Ban Hammer into motion?

It's a virtue signal troll... or a virtue signallers troll.

That space in the grey middle is Blurt's sweet spot....(or sweat spot) depending on perspective.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

init amazing how all these higher ed types are always on the prowl looking for a way to prove the usefulness of their higher ed?

Then you delve into their professional lives and.......well...... we'll just leave that right there

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam
I've been reading about Pelasgius, the seminal hero of the Reconquista of Iberia from the filthy muslims. He was a scion of a minor noble house in the Visigothic kingdom that existed for a few centuries before the vile muslims overran the place. He was from Asturias, one of the few places in Iberia that was never subjugated by the Moors and is known as "Pelayo" in Portugal.

See? I just trolled Lotus. She'll have no choice but to look into this Pelayo cat just to see if what I just wrote is true. Then she'll become fascinated with the story and maybe even talk the beta male into taking a day trip up to Asturias just to check it out.

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

init amazing how all these higher ed types are always on the prowl looking for a way to prove the usefulness of their higher ed?

Then you delve into their professional lives and.......well...... we'll just leave that right there
I think these types spend their whole lives working for other people, always trying to be the model employee, but never actually venturing out of their comfort zone and having a go themselves, and starting their own businesses. Their bitterness and resentment is telling...

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter
I've been reading about Pelasgius, the seminal hero of the Reconquista of Iberia from the filthy muslims. He was a scion of a minor noble house in the Visigothic kingdom that existed for a few centuries before the vile muslims overran the place He was from Asturias, one of the few places in Iberia that was never subjugated by the Moors and is known as "Pelayo" in Portugal.

See? I just trolled Lotus. She'll have no choice but to look into this Pelayo cat just to see if what I just wrote is true. Then she'll become fascinated with the story and maybe even talk the beta male into taking a day trip up to Asturias just to check it out.

Throw in a ludicrous hook in all of that...say for example, that foreigners must wash their feet in rose water, garlic, and sea salt before setting foot on any of the grounds or they could be fined by local authorities for cultural insensitivity.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam
I've been reading about Pelasgius, the seminal hero of the Reconquista of Iberia from the filthy muslims. He was a scion of a minor noble house in the Visigothic kingdom that existed for a few centuries before the vile muslims overran the place He was from Asturias, one of the few places in Iberia that was never subjugated by the Moors and is known as "Pelayo" in Portugal.

Throw in a ludicrous hook in all of that...say for example, that foreigners must wash their feet in rose water, garlic, and sea salt before setting foot on any of the grounds or they could be fined by local authorities for cultural insensitivity.

I think you have to purchase a penis shaped loaf of bread from a vendor stall before you can see the guy's statue. That should do.

Biggie Smiles

Site Supporter

I think these types spend their whole lives working for other people, always trying to be the model employee, but never actually venturing out of their comfort zone and having a go themselves, and starting their own businesses. Their bitterness and resentment is telling...
Bingo.

And there was never a time more telling than when they sneered at the idea business owners are literally losing their entire livelihoods with these draconian lockdowns and false flag "fiery but mostly peaceful protests"

Only rage, jealousy and utter contempt for those who have staked out on their own and became successful through raw talent and hard work could produce such lack of empathy as we saw during the midway point of this pandemic. And I suspect it is because finally, and I do mean FINALLY, they can look down on an self starter from the comfort of their mediocre union government job which a semi functioning gorilla could handle given the proper stimuli and say "haw haw, sucks to be you" " I still got a check tho"

And since the government will never miss an opportunity to fail it stands to reason, obviously, that they would be more than happy to pay these talentless mooks to stay in their homes during a pandemic since they are equally worthless no matter what geographic you put them in.

Blurt

Bastard of the Century
Site Supporter ☠️

Nah. Ran my own company for a few years. Did quite well, too. Had to farm out contracts, I was so busy. Clients were mostly lawyers and governments. Easy six-figure annual incomes.

But I eventually tired of the grind. Looked to striking a better balance between meaningful work and a bohemian lifestyle. Made that work, too.

Breaky, I swear, I'm one of the least uptight persons you're apt to meet. I just come across as uptight because I'm smart and sexy as all hell.

Lotus and Murdy have the same problem.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator

Nah. Ran my own company for a few years. Did quite well, too. Had to farm out contracts, I was so busy. Clients were mostly lawyers and governments. Easy six-figure annual incomes.

But I eventually tired of the grind. Looked to striking a better balance between meaningful work and a bohemian lifestyle. Made that work, too.

Breaky, I swear, I'm one of the least uptight persons you're apt to meet. I just come across as uptight because I'm smart and sexy as all hell.

Lies

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter

Sweet. I could never work for someone again. Trying to deal with their emotions by telling them what they want to hear and at the same time trying to climb the proverbial corporate ladder can be a precarious balance.

I’m all for the Bohemian lifestyle mind you. And it’ll be happening soon if I can get my money out of a family business dispute without having to go legal and line a lawyer’s pocket. This fucking pandemic is a convenient delay at the moment.