"Pointless nastiness has soured the art of trolling"

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I think I am allowed to say it when I'm not trolling.

Dove, what does the Trolling Rule Book say about this?

Trolls are always trolling. Even when they are not!
images

Breakfall

Such is life...
Site Supporter
I was playing online poker at this table and against this fuckwit that must’ve thought that we were playing bingo. The blinds were only 2.5 mill/5 mill apiece and he was going all in before the flop at $350 mill. He got me the first hand and starting telling me not to cry and sent me tissue papers as a gift.

I said to him, “cunt...I’m an internet troll...go fuck yourself sideways you fafafafafafagggooooot!” The next hand I got all my money back, and the following hand he was broke.

He wailed and reported me for clandestine swearing!???

What a fucking chop!

:Awesomeness:

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I've been reading about Pelasgius, the seminal hero of the Reconquista of Iberia from the filthy muslims. He was a scion of a minor noble house in the Visigothic kingdom that existed for a few centuries before the vile muslims overran the place. He was from Asturias, one of the few places in Iberia that was never subjugated by the Moors and is known as "Pelayo" in Portugal.

See? I just trolled Lotus. She'll have no choice but to look into this Pelayo cat just to see if what I just wrote is true. Then she'll become fascinated with the story and maybe even talk the beta male into taking a day trip up to Asturias just to check it out.

Jose Puerta is from Asturias and is pretty famous in the US for Spanish restaurants done in the Galicia style. He had his own TV show plus was buddies with Anthony Bourdain.

Scrawny The Ghost

Interdimensional UltraMegaRich Luxury BLTQ+ Banker
according to The Atlantic.

“It allows people to say, ‘You can’t hold me responsible. Don’t get mad at me. I was’—drum roll—‘just trolling,’” said Phillips. “It’s as if the intentionality behind a hateful utterance takes away from the fact that a hateful utterance was hateful.”

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

I agree. Artful trolling and just plain nastiness are two very different things. I personally prefer the former.

Note: I know the title of the article includes the word "political," but my thread is meant to be about trolling in general, not just in politics.

they should get off the internet HURR DURR TAKE YOUR RETARD JUICE YOURE KILLING US ALL

back in the BBS days people talked about cooking meth and making bombs, fringe politics and stuff. Everyone else is an annoying faggot invading my digital space REEEEEEEEEE

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I've been reading about Pelasgius, the seminal hero of the Reconquista of Iberia from the filthy muslims. He was a scion of a minor noble house in the Visigothic kingdom that existed for a few centuries before the vile muslims overran the place. He was from Asturias, one of the few places in Iberia that was never subjugated by the Moors and is known as "Pelayo" in Portugal.

See? I just trolled Lotus. She'll have no choice but to look into this Pelayo cat just to see if what I just wrote is true. Then she'll become fascinated with the story and maybe even talk the beta male into taking a day trip up to Asturias just to check it out.

I think you really only trolled me if the story is BS.

Portugal is a very small country, with amazingly varied landscapes, histories, and cultures. One could spend a lifetime getting to know it all. I am open to visiting every corner. And the Portuguese people are quite learned about their history -- especially that of their local region. It's endlessly fascinating to me.

We'll see if I come across your little story.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

“It allows people to say, ‘You can’t hold me responsible. Don’t get mad at me. I was’—drum roll—‘just trolling,’” said Phillips. “It’s as if the intentionality behind a hateful utterance takes away from the fact that a hateful utterance was hateful.”

I agree. Artful trolling and just plain nastiness are two very different things. I personally prefer the former.

Note: I know the title of the article includes the word "political," but my thread is meant to be about trolling in general, not just in politics.

they should get off the internet HURR DURR TAKE YOUR RETARD JUICE YOURE KILLING US ALL

back in the BBS days people talked about cooking meth and making bombs, fringe politics and stuff. Everyone else is an annoying faggot invading my digital space REEEEEEEEEE

You're right. Brainless fuckwits who get a charge out of being nasty should get off the internet. They're wasting bandwidth.

Reggie_Essent

An Claidheam Anam

I think you really only trolled me if the story is BS.

Portugal is a very small country, with amazingly varied landscapes, histories, and cultures. One could spend a lifetime getting to know it all. I am open to visiting every corner. And the Portuguese people are quite learned about their history -- especially that of their local region. It's endlessly fascinating to me.

We'll see if I come across your little story.

You know I envy Fortuna's smile upon you. Go. The hook I set is only gold plated so you may keep it. The Reconquista is just as important to the Portogees as it is to the dullard Spaniards to the east, and Pelayo was the hero of the Reconquista before Portugal was ever separated from Hispania.

They remember him there. Just ask.

Frood

Have kink will travel.
Site Supporter

You're right. Brainless fuckwits who get a charge out of being nasty should get off the internet. They're wasting bandwidth.

Just kill yourself.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

The Prowler

Factory Bastard

Wait. Did Dove write the troll rule book? Uh oh.

It this the "Convince everyone I am an idiot." troll?

That is one of your best.
:OMGLOL:

Is this the "I don't have to convince anyone I don't get the simplest of jokes" non-troll?

That is the kind of nastiness that has made my recent experience here so unpleasant.

I am outta here.

I hope you are happy with yourself LettuceButt.

OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️

Wait. Did Dove write the troll rule book? Uh oh.

It this the "Convince everyone I am an idiot." troll?

That is one of your best.
:OMGLOL:

Is this the "I don't have to convince anyone I don't get the simplest of jokes" non-troll?

That is the kind of nastiness that has made my recent experience here so unpleasant.

I am outta here.

I hope you are happy with yourself LettuceButt.

Wow. I hope you find your way to your safe space very quickly. I'm afraid you're going to melt. I don't want to have that on my conscience.

:daFuq:

Last edited:
OP
OP
LotusBud

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
looks like jimmies are getting rustled here.. Can we try to keep the banter for Meltdown pls

Could you please post the rules for banter? This is all getting very complicted. Maybe post some examples of the exact kinds of posts that are allowed in General. Thanks in advance.

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
looks like jimmies are getting rustled here.. Can we try to keep the banter for Meltdown pls

Could you please post the rules for banter? This is all getting very complicted. Maybe post some examples of the exact kinds of posts that are allowed in general. Thanks in afvance.

I just replied like that to keep it from turning into a shitshow .. preventitive measures since this here is remaining on topic but could spin off and off topic bickering will get cut out outta the thread and moved to misplaced meltdowns thread

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
So basically no trolling or nastiness here and to save that for the assbox/meltdown?

realgrimm

ፕልክፏቹክፕ ነየርጎልረጎነፕ
Global Moderator
So basically no trolling or nastiness here and to save that for the assbox/meltdown?

General Discussion area is just that and OP calls the shots really which is why I find it puzzling OP asking the question..

No micro managing but any issues and shit just gets moved.. we're not savages members get warnings you wont just end up assboxed

ei_1619857949336-removebg-preview.png