Reasons "green power" can't be exclusively relied upon #4639.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It turns out when it get cold and snows not only does solar stop working (as they get covered with snow) but also windmills freeze up and stop working as well.

Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!

Joe

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
You'll need more dam power from Canada.
It's the only way.
Currently 70% of electricity still comes from dams/hydroelectricty.
It's the only way to keep the American power grid going 24/7.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It's the only way.

I know it makes no sense but in the US democrats wrote "green energy" laws which specifically prevent things like hydroelectric power and nuclear power from being counted as green energy. Democrats even frequently demand all dams be removed from rivers because they truly are raving extremists who have no desire to actually intelligently tackle any problem. That is just the way it is.

X

xXx
Site Supporter
It's the only way.

I know it makes no sense but in the US democrats wrote "green energy" laws which specifically prevent things like hydroelectric power and nuclear power from being counted as green energy. Democrats even frequently demand all dams be removed from rivers because they truly are raving extremists who have no desire to actually intelligently tackle any problem. That is just the way it is.

Every morning whine whine whine ... not just you it seems to be the atmosphere around here lately

Seamajor

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
Efficient renewables work every well here in Costa Rica. From the wind, sun, geothermal, and stored water. We are 98% renewable.

LotusBud

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
It's the only way.

Dams can be very, very destructive. That's just a fact.

The problem is, people all over the world need to get together and find solutions. The planet cannot support 8 billion people and keep using up so many resources for energy at the same time. It's not sustainable, no matter how deep into denial you are willing to go.

People have got to stop fighting and stop pursuing profits above all other things. People have to get together and create plans and systems for the benefit of all of humanity, not just the billionaires and the people who are willing to put their heads in the sand.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It's the only way.

Every morning whine whine whine ... not just you it seems to be the atmosphere around here lately

I guess you wrongly think that stating truths is "whining". Maybe you should turn the TV on and see how many millions of people lost power and how supposed "green energy" has contributed to these power outages. Or is that too much work for you?

Biggie Smiles

I make libturds berry angry. I do!!!
Site Supporter
Efficient renewables work every well here in Costa Rica. From the wind, sun, geothermal, and stored water. We are 98% renewable.
you also only power a toaster oven, three computers and a am/fm radio down there

Lokmar

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
98% of the population is about as capable of understanding what it takes to power civilization as they are able to contemplate a trillion dollars. Go look up the specs on the average Tesla Car Charger. Those fukin things dont run off a few solar panels. The average house service panel is able to handle 48,000 watts. A single rapid car charger with 2 charge ports uses 63,000 watts. Fuk sakes people, get a clue.

OP
OP
Oerdin

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
That is the real issue. If we are to electrify our entire transportation systems then we will need some where between 10 times to 100 times as much electricity production world wide and that is just to match our existing transportation systems not to improve them in rural areas. We are talking massive increases upon massive increases to electrical production.

Solar and wind are nice but we will also have to damage every river and build thousands of nuclear power plants in order to generate that base load power.

TheHaze

If my dog doesn't like you, I probably won'teither
Site Supporter
green-dodge-challenger.jpg