Remembering Queen Elizabeth

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
I cannot think of one politician we will cry over...

Maybe Mr. Gorbachev, for freeing East Germans. He was one I felt sad over!~

I think Jimmy Carter is a great man who was once a politician. I may not shed a tear, but it will be sad when he goes.
I think he's either 98 or going to be 98 this year.

Lily

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter ☠️
My uncle liked him. He told me he got voted out because he told the truth about the state of the States...And Americans didn't want to hear the truth.

Your uncle was spot on. Americans largely cannot handle the truth. They need to be romanced by politicians and told how wonderful they are...

We are weak that way. *sigh*

Gabbo

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I don't remember her very well at all. You see her picture on coins and currency but other than that nobody real cares about her. People here stopped paying attention to her antics over thirty years ago. Her hats were funny and her racist Italian husband's comments about "slitty eyes" Hong Kong was pretty funny as well.

The new UK ruler is a Punjabi.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
I don't remember her very well at all. You see her picture on coins and currency but other than that nobody real cares about her. People here stopped paying attention to her antics over thirty years ago. Her hats were funny and her racist Italian husband's comments about "slitty eyes" Hong Kong was pretty funny as well.

The new UK ruler is a Punjabi.

Prince Philip was a Prince of Greece but he was Scandanavian ( Danish maybe) and I think Austrian too. I forget which. What is racist about saying slanty eyed? It's a description ... Billions turned out to pay homage to the Commomwealth's greatest asset.

Last edited:

Gabbo

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Same difference. Greece, Italy are in the same area and have same swarthy, catholic, mulignans living there.

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Prince Philip was a Prince of Greece but he was Scandanavian ( Danish maybe) and I think Austrian too. I forget which. What is racist about saying slanty eyed? It's a description ... Billions turned out to pay homage to the Commomwealth's greatest asset.

Same difference. Greece, Italy are in the same area and have same swarthy, catholic, mulignans living there.

Here... I was right about the Danish origin.. from wiki -

"Philip was born in
Please, Log in or Register to view URLs content!
, into the
and
; his family was exiled from the country when he was eighteen months old. After being educated in
, and the United Kingdom, he joined the
in 1939, when he was 18 years old. In July 1939, he began corresponding with the 13-year-old Princess Elizabeth, the elder daughter and
of
. Philip had first met her in 1934. During the
, he served with distinction in the British
and
fleets."

OP
OP
Omnipotent

Omnipotent

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
Exactly; a mulignan.

He wasn't Italian... he wasn't even Greek really....lol It crosses my eyes trying to keep up with European genealogy... Lady C is the full bottle on all this but some people enjoy all type of thing...

From Wiki

Prince Philip (Greek: Φίλιππος, romanized: Fílippos[4]) of Greece and Denmark was born on the dining room table in Mon Repos, a villa on the Greek island of Corfu, on 10 June 1921.[5] He was the only son and fifth and final child of Prince Andrew of Greece and Denmark and Princess Alice of Battenberg.[6] A member of the House of Glücksburg, the ruling house of Denmark, he was a prince of both Greece and Denmark by virtue of his patrilineal descent from King George I of Greece and King Christian IX of Denmark; he was from birth in the line of succession to both thrones.[fn 2] Philip's four elder sisters were Margarita, Theodora, Cecilie, and Sophie. He was baptised in the Greek Orthodox rite at St. George's Church in the Old Fortress in Corfu. His godparents were his grandmother Queen Olga of Greece, his cousin Crown Prince George of Greece, his uncle Lord Louis Mountbatten, and the mayor of Corfu, Alexandros Kokotos.[8]

Shortly after Philip's birth, his maternal grandfather Prince Louis of Battenberg, then known as Louis Mountbatten, Marquess of Milford Haven, died in London. Louis was a naturalised British subject who, after a career in the Royal Navy, had renounced his German titles and adopted the surname Mountbatten – an Anglicised version of Battenberg – during the First World War, owing to anti-German sentiment in the United Kingdom. After visiting London for his grandfather's memorial service, Philip and his mother returned to Greece, where Prince Andrew had remained to command a Greek Army division embroiled in the Greco-Turkish War.[9]

Greece suffered great losses in the war, and the Turks made large gains. Philip's uncle and high commander of the Greek expeditionary force, King Constantine I, was blamed for the defeat and was forced to abdicate on 27 September 1922. The new military government arrested Prince Andrew, along with others. The commanding officer of the army, General Georgios Hatzianestis, and five senior politicians were arrested, tried, and executed in the Trial of the Six. Prince Andrew's life was also believed to be in danger, and Princess Alice was under surveillance. Finally, in December, a revolutionary court banished Prince Andrew from Greece for life.[10] The British naval vessel HMS Calypso evacuated Andrew's family, with Philip carried to safety in a fruit box.[11] - and it keeps going and going.