Salvation Army's turn to "go woke, go broke"

Blazor

Put your glasses on!
Site Supporter
These motherfuckers. Only blacks are operating the red kettles these days. And now, they want Whites to apologize for being racist, when they give money. FUCK THAT!

I give every year. I dont have much, but a few dollars I give each year. Not anymore!

I remember being a lil kid, and Mom would sign me up for Salvation Army Christmas list. She couldnt afford much, and she wanted me to have gifts for Christmas. They would come around, sing carols, give a giant trash bag full of presents, and then go to the next apartment. So it saddens me to see this happening.

cb12a27d913de1d7.jpeg

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
It is almost like charities shouldn't insult their donors.

Levon

Philosopher King
Site Supporter
The people I've seen ringing the bell locally are not black.
Here also. White college boys mostly. But last year when they didn't have the kettles out due to covid, I just donated online. I do have my own historical reasons for donating to them, stemming from a visit to central America long ago, and I'll probably give online from now on since I've never really liked the kettle thing.

Oerdin

Factory Bastard
Site Supporter
The people I've seen ringing the bell locally are not black.
Here also. White college boys mostly. But last year when they didn't have the kettles out due to covid, I just donated online. I do have my own historical reasons for donating to them, stemming from a visit to central America long ago, and I'll probably give online from now on since I've never really liked the kettle thing.

Back around 1992 I was 16 and worked at Kmart running one of their checkout stands. So it was near Xmas and they had one of the Salvation Army red bucket displays out but I'd regularly see the bell ringer come in to buy candy and snacks. I would make chit chat with him like I would with the other customers and slowly it comes out that he was homeless but is now living in the shelter run by S.A. and that both he and the other homeless bell ringers all skim off the top on donations. They had the key to the lock, that was were he got money to buy snacks and drinks, and they all felt entitled to steal part as they were not paid. They were required to be a bell ringer if they wanted to not get kicked out of the shelter.

Last edited:

Dove

Domestically feral
Site Supporter
It is almost like charities shouldn't insult their donors.

The outreach i went through is one of the BEST most helpful ones. They run entirely on donations and they provide so much for the people in their program.

They lost a few donors because.. Eric Trump came and spoke to the residents. Wasnt even about politcs. It was about recovery.

He did stay all day and talk to people and asked in what ways do we feel let down by government and how we feel it could be improved and why. But he didnt promote anything.

He gave a large donation, too.

Sucks some people would stop giving over that....punish the people in it. But that's how the left is. And now because of how they treat people? Others respond in kind.

Salvation Army doesnt do much for the people who turn to them. You have to degrade yourself for a bed....and they do other shit with the money.